Preview Round 11, 2024: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG - Sunday 26th May, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So still no Crouch while Byrnes and Ross return, that's not what our midfield needs, it's just more of the same old shit again.

Phillipou deserved to be dropped but I'm surprised he was dropped ahead of Collard who was even worse than him last week.

I hope they aren't going to gift Collard another game just because it's Sir Doug Nicholls round, he just isn't up to AFL level yet.

At least Higgins is back so that's a positive, we might have a chance of kicking more than 60 points with him back in the team.

Seriously would of played Hotton over Byrnes, I've seen enough of Byrnes to know he isn't up to it! Membrey must be coming back through the twos, even though he is leading our goal kicking lol. Garcia with 27 touches, a goal and 10 tackles misses out.
Plus 8 clearances and 4 goal assists. Bizarre not to pick him.

Crouch needing another game in the VFL isnt that surprising but Brynes ahead of Clark and Garcia is shocking.

Must have watched a completely different game last week.
Yes odd selections, Byrnes was pretty ordinary in both his recent VFL games. Garcia deserved a game well ahead but perhaps the club are just wanting some experience. Clark and Crouch obviously need more VFL games.

So still no Crouch while Byrnes and Ross return, that's not what our midfield needs, it's just more of the same old s**t again.

Phillipou deserved to be dropped but I'm surprised he was dropped ahead of Collard who was even worse than him last week.

I hope they aren't going to gift Collard another game just because it's Sir Doug Nicholls round, he just isn't up to AFL level yet.

At least Higgins is back so that's a positive, we might have a chance of kicking more than 60 points with him back in the team.
Agree with that. Phillipou was putrid but he can at least run out a game. Collard playing 41% game time last week while not being the sub or being subbed off is essentially leaving us 1 player down.

Keeping him in the extended squad is a poor choice and sends the wrong message regarding standards and expectations.

Crouch needing another game in the VFL isnt that surprising but Brynes ahead of Clark and Garcia is shocking.

Byrnes looks like he could he could be the new Robert Eddy who was another RTB favourite that somehow got games ahead of more talented players like Armitage, Steven and Geary.

So still no Crouch while Byrnes and Ross return, that's not what our midfield needs, it's just more of the same old s**t again.

Ross the Boss is playing the long game here friend. Take a few steps back, lower your eyes and see the big picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

UttlesS.gif

Pardon the intrusion, I was at the Sandy game on the weekend with my Saints mate, we both commented on how good Garcia was and how he just looked like an AFL player.

I didn't get a huge look at him during his first AFL stint, did he underwhelm in the 1s or is it just a positional decision?

Hope you don't mind me asking and hope you guys smash Melbourne.

Another week, another strange round of selections. Byrnes couldn’t get near it in the VFL until the game was over and he comes in despite the fact we have Hill, Wood, Henry and Wilson as outside players. I’d rather persist with Paton over Stocker for another week, at least in defence.

Phillipou had to go out but bringing him back for one game was just strange. He shouldn’t have come back for a month.

Collard and Sharman should be dropped after their performances. Maybe they will both go but I wouldn’t be surprised to see one stay.

Higgins had to come in but what does Clark have to do to get a run?

They are obviously taking a very conservative approach with Crouch, or he is NQR because nobody put their hand up more they he did on Sunday. I'm happy that the Pou gets to play at Sandy with significantly less pressure on him.
Byrnes= big meh
Ross=small meh
Stocker= tiny meh
Higgins-Gagf Michael Christian. Shame we don't have a colosseum because he's one Christian I would like to see thrown to the lions. Should only have missed one game. Hope Higgins kills it and kicks 5 goals

Reminds me of the Ford Explorer in North America in the late 2000's which unfortunately for some drivers became known as the Ford Exploder.
yeah those Fairlane had dodgy wiring, ours went up in a hospital carpark long after it was parked

Pardon the intrusion, I was at the Sandy game on the weekend with my Saints mate, we both commented on how good Garcia was and how he just looked like an AFL player.

I didn't get a huge look at him during his first AFL stint, did he underwhelm in the 1s or is it just a positional decision?

Hope you don't mind me asking and hope you guys smash Melbourne.
Richmond have been decimated by injuries. They had three AFL listed players in the VFL last week. I don't think they took much notice of it.
Not the worst idea to let him have a few more games. If he can do that against stronger opposition we'll know he's ready.

Oh my gawd - selection is becoming a very very sad joke.

Garcia misses out because the selection panel screwed up by bringing back Phillipou too early.
Jeez - I just noticed that Collard is still named in the squad - give me a break - pleez!!!!

Byrnes looks like he could he could be the new Robert Eddy who was another RTB favourite that somehow got games ahead of more talented players like Armitage, Steven and Geary.

He runs end to end with the play so able to play two ways. Lyon loves that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back