Preview Round 11, 2024: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG - Sunday 26th May, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
These even had a name that suited Watters.

images
Nice

Ridiculous.

Ross and to a lesser extent Byrnes, are not taking us anywhere.

Hugo is the future. He should've been a definite in after last week. I'd rather get a look at Hotton than Byrnes.

Would've preferred Crouch as an extractor seeing as we are in DIRE need of some support for Steele - and somebody who can actually dish the ball to the outside.

This sucks.

Ridiculous.

Ross and to a lesser extent Byrnes, are not taking us anywhere.

Hugo is the future. He should've been a definite in after last week. I'd rather get a look at Hotton than Byrnes.

Would've preferred Crouch as an extractor seeing as we are in DIRE need of some support for Steele - and somebody who can actually dish the ball to the outside.

This sucks.
Agree with the above. Would rather a half fit crouch over a fit Ross . Screaming out for mids especially against Dees and we leave crouch , Clark and Garcia in the twos . I was half looking forward to sun . Now not so much

Seeing Garcia, Hastie, Phillipou, Arie & even Keeler in the 2s when the team is playing so poorly seems to sending the wrong message. Mattaes should never have been brought back, yo-yoing a kid like him can't be great for someone who is probably down on his confidence for the first time ever. It was sad not seeing him being last out there at training on Wednesday. I'm no doubt reading into it too much, but I hope he doesn't become despondent.

Clark & Crouch need multiple games to ensure their comebacks from injury aren't, yet again, in vain. Even still, I would've rolled the dice on Crouch this week.

I would be surprised if Collard survives the cut. Same probably for Sharman, who I rate higher than most as that medium forward capable of roaming, jumping and kicking a few, especially with Pou out. Jones or Paton surely gone.

Ignoring my ramblings, one thing is certain, this is a very uninspiring team.

If everyone's fit like has been reported in the press this week, I'd almost back Sandy to beat us if everyone fronts up for Sandy. Will probably be the strongest Sandy team in quite a while.

Thanks in part to some weird changes this week.
Reckon the AFL backline would get the AFL side over the line just but the Sandy midfield and fwd line would are probably strong enough to keep it close

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest i'm fine with the non Garcia selection. If he can back it up in the VFL, then select him. Don't promote players after one good VFL game. Should've done that with Mattaes.

No Crouch, or even Clark is bewildering given that Collard holds his spot despite Higgins returning. I can only think that for Crouch at least, they're holding him off before a 6 day break into WA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back