Preview Round 11, 2024: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG - Sunday 26th May, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collard keeping his spot is a bit of a joke.

Thought we were meant to have higher standards under Ross.

I get the feeling Collard has a better attitude and works harder than a few here think and is liked by the coaches.

Absolutely agree his game on the weekend didn't appear to warrant another this week.

Last edited:
SO the theory goes, if say a team is in the hunt for a flag, but is bursting at the seams with the salary cap. Instead of trading out players for no return, they could trade their first pick to st kilda in return for a percentage of their salary cap.

as st Kilda is rebuilding and dont need to be offering players so much money, they can use the pick and lower their minimum cap spend for the next year. So sacrifice a portion of next years cap for melbounes round 1 pick etc

I like it - makes a whole lot of sense to me.
Chance to get an additional pick in the draft and presumably a decent pick number, for salary cap you don’t want to spend.
Thanks.

and thats what we have missed so desperately from the top of the draft
Which is why (I can’t believe I’m saying this) I am not too fussed where we finish this year and even next.
I’d like to see improvement obviously, but if we don’t win enough to finish in the 9 - 12 range, I’m happy with that.

As King and Cornes said this morning, who is “the guy”?
Port have a couple. Sydney have a couple.
Dees have a couple.
Pies have got one. So do most of the other teams. Hell, Eagles have a first year player as their “guy.”.
Who is ours?

Sincs on his day is impressive, Marshall too, I think Nas isn’t far off at all. I just don’t think we have enough around them. You need a few and players that can impact games. Collingwood have more than one.

Anyone know why Hayes hasn’t been named for Sandy?
I can only assume he made a transgression. Either screwed up, acted out, disrespected something or some team rule on field or off field. Or....we have some high secret Da vinci code kinda stuff goin' on...stuff us punks in the outer haven't a clue about..

I can only assume he made a transgression. Either screwed up, acted out, disrespected something or some team rule on field or off field. Or....we have some high secret Da vinci code kinda stuff goin' on...stuff us punks in the outer haven't a clue about..

Or as someone reported he has some fluid on his knee.

Or as someone reported he has some fluid on his knee.
Mnnn...why was he subbed out mid 2nd game after such an impressive comeback? Then selected and played for Sandy, kicking 2 goals. Maybe the fluid is a thing, but it 'aint THE thing, me suspects.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m actually rapt we are giving Collard another go. We have so lacked genuine small forwards due to injury/suspension this season, and he has continued to bob up for goals at VFL level playing against men for the first time.

Barely got a look in against Geelong, played maybe 20m and was burnt a couple of times when wide open.

Was poor last week but if there’s any position you can have a quiet game in it’s in the forward pocket. Especially when you’re an 18 year old and ESPECIALLY the way we played. Imagine a goal seek forward playing in that disgusting forward 50 with both the shithouse delivery and the 40 players surrounding you at all times due to stagnation through the middle?

We show a little faith giving him another week. We back him in. And with the wider expanses of the G we perhaps give him a better look.

He has some exciting weapons, and can hopefully develop into a better pressure forward as the years go on. If he can learn that part of the game from Butler, he has a high ceiling.

All l want to see out of this game is a repeat of last week's effort from King.
Having now set the mark, he should be held to it.
I'd like to see a lot more from our 4DP Marquee forward to be honest, thought it was sickening him getting pats on the back for bringing "effort" to a game after 10 rounds of footy. Just shows how mentally fragile he is that he needs pumping up so he brings effort.

Mnnn...why was he subbed out mid 2nd game after such an impressive comeback? Then selected and played for Sandy, kicking 2 goals. Maybe the fluid is a thing, but it 'aint THE thing, me suspects.
He looked pretty slow against the Hawks and didn't really have much physical presence, so wasn't surprised he was subbed, but quite a few could have been subbed in that game.

Delisted is harsh but man, that pick 19 we could have got would have been nice.

If he doesn't fire this year he's a 26 year old who has struggled through injury and form to be a best 22 player in ordinary sides. He's probably less accomplished than Stocker who was a DFA and was younger and playing in a better side. Doesn't really have a position, doesn't have speed or resilience. He's probably not playing at another club if this doesn't work out. He's properly on the cliff.

and thats what we have missed so desperately from the top of the draft

I was looking up what Geelong paid for Jeremy Cameron this morning and ran into what we paid for Hill. Draft Guru had the trades valued at St Kilda gave up 2538 points.....received 395 post value back.

If you want to make your list worse sell low and buy high. Howard, Snags and plenty of others as well.Just not making dumb decisions is the first thing we need to tighten up.

Just getting Caleb Serong in would have been a massive leg up. Hit Peracca or Shai Bolton or any of the other misses and we'd be miles ahead.

I'd like to see a lot more from our 4DP Marquee forward to be honest, thought it was sickening him getting pats on the back for bringing "effort" to a game after 10 rounds of footy. Just shows how mentally fragile he is that he needs pumping up so he brings effort.

I think we need to accept that he's more Joe Daniher than Plugger. He's probably going to be a very good forward but will frustrate as much as he delights.

Sincs on his day is impressive, Marshall too, I think Nas isn’t far off at all. I just don’t think we have enough around them. You need a few and players that can impact games. Collingwood have more than one.

They aren't BDE leaders who strap the side to their backs. Our guys are nice boys who'd call their mums every day.

Never heard of this. Is it something new?
Thought we had to use it - hence getting Hanners etc on big coin.
We can “buy” first round picks?
Please will you explain a bit more how it works. Thanks.

Has never been like that , unless it just changed

Yes it's brand new- like yesterday new.

In fact it's so new- it doesn't even exist (yet).

The AFL have (yesterday) strongly flagged they want to bring it in after this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back