Preview Round 11, 2024: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG - Sunday 26th May, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the same thing with King, he's got midfield bull written all over him.

But seriously Owens was never going to be a midfielder, was recruited to be a forward.
He was never meant to ruck either , he has all the ability to become a midfielder - he just needs to be put in there and why not - when we are getting flogged in there I would attempt anything.
Using the kid running back and forward from a flank he might as well be doing it from the middle.

His numbers compare really well to a lot of top mids at the same age. He seems to struggle to impact consistently for four quarters, that's his next step but I'm confident he'll be an important part of our midfield for the next decade.
He just needs a few teammates to match him and he'll go to another level.

How is a team featuring Shai Bolton and Tim Taranto as well as a host of premiership players on 1 and 9? How is a team with George Wardlaw, Harry Sheezel, Colby McKercher, etc coached by masterclass Clarko winless? Because it takes more than a handful of excellent players or great tactics to win games.

How is a team featuring Shai Bolton and Tim Taranto as well as a host of premiership players on 1 and 9? How is a team with George Wardlaw, Harry Sheezel, Colby McKercher, etc coached by masterclass Clarko winless? Because it takes more than a handful of excellent players or great tactics to win games.
Richmond will be a different proposition when Lynch comes back. I think he's probably the most significant out for all teams. Add in Taranto and Hopper and fitness into Balta and Prestia and they won't be easy beats.

Well the Tigers have had a massive injury list this season. That most likely will not be so when we play them again.

As for North, they just have too many kids in their team at once at present. If the young guns do not jump ship, North will be much better in another couple of seasons.

Saints this year too due to injuries and suspensions have had too many kids to be competitive. Moreso as our best mid of last year has not played a game. It will be interesting to see how the Saints go from next week on when injuries will no longer be reason for not winning.

From what I’ve heard, we will see a different game style out on the G tomorrow. I reckon we’ll score a few more goals but could concede several on turnover. I reckon the Saints get up.

I think the same thing with King, he's got midfield bull written all over him.

But seriously Owens was never going to be a midfielder, was recruited to be a forward.

He was on the radar even before he grew that last couple of cm.

He was on the radar even before he grew that last couple of cm.
From that profile it suggests his best position is not midfield, but elsewhere.

Aerial work and utility play. Pretty much suggests to me to where is playing now, as a marking and contested ball forward.

The extra height makes him even more suited to the third forward role.

It certainly does not scream gun mid.

His numbers compare really well to a lot of top mids at the same age. He seems to struggle to impact consistently for four quarters, that's his next step but I'm confident he'll be an important part of our midfield for the next decade.
Of our younger players Windy has shown the most as a mid, and looks likely to remain a rotation there.

Garcia going ok for his first year.

Pou has not looked good there yet. I think he is still a bit too boyish (remember he was a bottom aher though ) and just gets muscled out of the contest too easily, and so I am hopeful that with another preseason he will perform better in the role. Not sure it is his best position though. However with Pou while he has lots of quality and ability he does not yet seem obvious for any position. He reminds me of a young Goddard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back