Game Day Round 11, 2024: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG - Sunday 26th May, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s exactly the knock on him with us, what he did when he didn’t have the ball, was never the player to stand up when the opposition was taking the game away from us…downhill skier I think is the regrettable tag….very outside
There is probably some team, or some system, that could get the best from him but I don’t think it’s us

I think the Saints are due for one of our rare good wins that seem to be designed to keep the pain of hope going a bit longer. Possibly even a couple on the trot only to lose to the Suns by 100 points or something soul destroying.

I think the Saints are due for one of our rare good wins that seem to be designed to keep the pain of hope going a bit longer. Possibly even a couple on the trot only to lose to the Suns by 100 points or something soul destroying.
The Suns would have pencilled that in when the fixture came put, they will be top 4 soon enough.

If we were ever going to merge and relocate, I would prefer it be with the Dees and move to Cairns.
Change the name to Hells Angels.
Rwb&blu

I think we will be safe as the AFL wil always need a couple of teams to play the Sunday twilight game.

It's a little known secret that Sunday night football is one of the biggest revenue earners from gambling.

It's the game most serious punters load up on at the end of a weekend of serious losses as they see it as their last chance for their luck to change and recover some coin.

That's what poor clubs like ours have become for the AFL.

I was disappointed with the changes, not so much because of the personnel but because I reckon we're still unbalanced. We need more mids. We dropped a mid (Zones), forward (Poo) and back (Paton) and brought in a mid, forward and back. You can argue Poo is playing a bit of midfield minutes, but he's not a mid at this point of his career.

I'd rather see Sinclair at half back, Stocker to the bench and Bonner out of the team. Drop Sharman or Collard as well, and bring in two extra mids. Even then, we're arguably one mid short, unless we start to rotate Henry through the mids, which I'd love to see.

He was good first couple of games, but stopped making an impact and he’s not exactly defensive. I’m sure he will come back in soon. We’re looking more of a mess every week

I've watched most of your games this year and been disappointed in Billings aside from a couple of games. I thought a fresh start may get him going again considering most of us put his decline down to injury (Mostly)

There was a point in his career where he was a pretty bloody good player but these days he's 100% outside and not really finding much of the ball or kicking many goals.

I've watched most of your games this year and been disappointed in Billings aside from a couple of games. I thought a fresh start may get him going again.

There was a point in his career where he was a pretty bloody good player but these days he's 100% outside and not really finding much of the ball or kicking many goals.
Yes it’s odd - he had a good run for a bit there, but something happened. In the head most likely, it’s a confidence game and he doesn’t look like he trusts himself overmuch. Theoretically I thought he was probably a good player to get in but I don’t think his type flourishes in a team with little idea of getting the ball forward

At least it'll be a different dynamic up forward today with Higgins and Collard in there. Doesn't really make sense to have Collard as the sub so I'm guessing it'll be Sharman. Love to see Lance kick a few at the 'G!
Collard in with Higgo could allow Collard to get some ball if Higgo creates some isolation. Gee I hope Sharman is sub, we ain't improving while he's getting a game. A sign of our severe lack of depth.

If we were ever going to merge and relocate, I would prefer it be with the Dees and move to Cairns.
Change the name to Hells Angels.
Rwb&blu
Oh when the Saints go marching in
Oh when the Saints go marching in
As old acquaintance be forgot
Keep you eye on the red, white and blue!

Needs some work and a banjo solo, but I don’t mind it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was disappointed with the changes, not so much because of the personnel but because I reckon we're still unbalanced. We need more mids. We dropped a mid (Zones), forward (Poo) and back (Paton) and brought in a mid, forward and back. You can argue Poo is playing a bit of midfield minutes, but he's not a mid at this point of his career.

I'd rather see Sinclair at half back, Stocker to the bench and Bonner out of the team. Drop Sharman or Collard as well, and bring in two extra mids. Even then, we're arguably one mid short, unless we start to rotate Henry through the mids, which I'd love to see.
I don't think was enough midfield quality available to bring in from Sandy for this game due to injury, form or whatever. We do need the smalls/mid forwards and midfield to get on the scoreboard a lot more.

Apologies for my pessimism, but I think it is warranted:

We haven't quite hit crisis point yet, where players gather for a BBQ at the captains house and speak a few home truths etc....

But that will be next week, after another awful game today.

I hope I'm wrong, but the articles in the media about What is wrong at StKilda, will be replaced with Ross Must Go sentiments.

Gutted by the year we've had, but don't see a turnaround yet, until all the pressure comes off and we notch up a few wins at the end of season.

A really big game for King. Improved attitude last week even if he didn't hit the scoreboard. We need him to fire today to have any chance but he's up against just about the best defender in the game. May has pretty much owned him in recent seasons so King will have his work cut out. Lever out might help him a little.

A real watershed game for King and the Saints.

Was thinking the same. Feels like we are due to play well.

There is now officially zero expectation. I would say our form is genuinely 3rd worst in the league, and Tigers at least have injuries as an excuse. We are so irrelevant people can't even really be bothered discussing how bad we are now.

This is exactly the moment we will pluck a win out of our bums, then revert back to our beige 10-8 goal loss next week.

Yes it’s odd - he had a good run for a bit there, but something happened. In the head most likely, it’s a confidence game and he doesn’t look like he trusts himself overmuch. Theoretically I thought he was probably a good player to get in but I don’t think his type flourishes in a team with little idea of getting the ball forward
Clean ball user but hasn't the hunger to become the player he thinks he is , really thought Melbourne might of ignited that hunger.

Was thinking the same. Feels like we are due to play well.

There is now officially zero expectation. I would say our form is genuinely 3rd worst in the league, and Tigers at least have injuries as an excuse. We are so irrelevant people can't even really be bothered discussing how bad we are now.

This is exactly the moment we will pluck a win out of our bums, then revert back to our beige 10-8 goal loss next week.
It's the hope that kills you.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

A really big game for King. Improved attitude last week even if he didn't hit the scoreboard. We need him to fire today to have any chance but he's up against just about the best defender in the game. May has pretty much owned him in recent seasons so King will have his work cut out. Lever out might help him a little.

A real watershed game for King and the Saints.
If King has a day out we can win, what are the chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back