Preview Round 11 Changes v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I think draper needs a spell too.
I know he’s a kid still and would not be expected to have the same TOG as Pearce but he seemed to come to the interchange bench a lot the other night. Ideally your key defender should pretty much never come off. Pearce played 119 out of 120 min the other night.

Sturt normally comes in for Frederick so I’d expect to see that again this week. Let’s hope he grabs the chance if so.

Heard McRae interviewed in studio on SEN today where Andy Maher and Gaze were practically fellating him live on air, and he said they would have a few in and a few out this week. He’s obviously not a believer in the don’t change a winning team approach anyway.

Heard McRae interviewed in studio on SEN today where Andy Maher and Gaze were practically fellating him live on air, and he said they would have a few in and a few out this week. He’s obviously not a believer in the don’t change a winning team approach anyway.

Two will be forced changes via injury in Hoskin-Elliot and McInnes.

I know he’s a kid still and would not be expected to have the same TOG as Pearce but he seemed to come to the interchange bench a lot the other night. Ideally your key defender should pretty much never come off. Pearce played 119 out of 120 min the other night.

Sturt normally comes in for Frederick so I’d expect to see that again this week. Let’s hope he grabs the chance if so.

They barely got over the line against the crows, and as someone said few forced changes due to injury, but don't let that gets in the way to push your narrative..angry ant be back in too

The point is, we're not at a stage of gifting games for just getting experience into the young guys.

If they're not going to perform better than the incumbents, they're not going to get picked.

This board lost it after a win. We bring in more kids, who don't perform as well as Walters, JOM, etc. and we lose?

Who comes in to replace Walters? We're already running with an underperforming Emmett because there is no one better.

Sturt has been injured. Delean is currently not performing as well as Collard in the second tier (and we saw how far off Collard is). Simpson doesn't have the strength to go with AFL players yet.

Erasmus is looking likely to replace JOM or Banfield if he can adapt to those roles in the next few weeks.

I'm all for recognising he is well down, that he may need to step aside, but who replaces Walters?
Didnt erasmus train as small forward during preseason?

Because despite the fellating, he’s actually a very good coach and pragmatic about what’s in front of him despite results. Obviously JL saw us win on the weekend so we’ll probably have no unforced changes outside of injuries, and no doubt thinks any issues we had putting away a deplorable St Kilda came down to having a lot of scoring shots but just missing.

I’m expecting a very comfortable Collingwood win this week, especially if it’s wet or even just a bit slippery, I tipped us vs Saints with 80% confidence and will be tipping the Pies with the same level of confidence but hope to be pleasantly surprised.

No Tom Mitchell or WHE, De Goey in doubt, Mihochek and Mcreery possible returns.

If they were ever going to be gettable..
That’s what all the teams have been saying with no Elliot, Mihocek and Mccreery. At least it is over here

No Tom Mitchell or WHE, De Goey in doubt, Mihochek and Mcreery possible returns.

If they were ever going to be gettable..
First of three 8pt games coming up this month. Wins against Collingwood, Melbourne and Gold Coast would go a long way to pushing Top 4 this season.

Don't think Sydney will be caught, not yet sold on Essendon and with Port/Giants/Geelong/Melbourne looking vulnerable currently, now's the perfect time to with a big month of results.

Friday night's the time for a statement win

I hate doing the whole hindsight thing BUT the ladder is so tight.

If we had beaten Port, we’re 4th and they’re 9th.

Plenty of teams with question marks.

About time we beat someone above us and flipped positions.

Our 6 wins against bottom 8 sides… not exactly awesome.
We still have to vs every team above us on the ladder later this season. Plenty of 8 point games coming up. No need for hindsight when we have a chance to make amends still.

It's hard to rate any team outside of the Swans for the flag at this point. They have a clear gap. Only caveat is that it is early in the season to be going this well and they've also had excellent continuity so far.

Every other team has significant asterisks next to their credentials. Makes it so hard to predict and it's become a massive year for "it's not who you play but when you play them".

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because despite the fellating, he’s actually a very good coach and pragmatic about what’s in front of him despite results. Obviously JL saw us win on the weekend so we’ll probably have no unforced changes outside of injuries, and no doubt thinks any issues we had putting away a deplorable St Kilda came down to having a lot of scoring shots but just missing.

I’m expecting a very comfortable Collingwood win this week, especially if it’s wet or even just a bit slippery, I tipped us vs Saints with 80% confidence and will be tipping the Pies with the same level of confidence but hope to be pleasantly surprised.
Well...Sportsbet have us favourites!
With about 60% confidence.
What does that mean? Nothing of course!
No DeGoey, no Sam Darcy!
Now that means something!
Sean Darcy back in, that means something too!
Yokai!

I think Simpson could quickly provide more than Waltera or Emmett if given a decent run of a few weeks but no denying he didn't exactly get much of it his first few games. I think Sturt if fit would definitely give more than Emmett, particularly with Switta in the side who does the same "defensive role"

DeLean isn't close IMO and won't even get a mention at match committee short of injury carnage

How away would winder be?

And now do some of the around the ground stats.

I think you are misunderstanding me. I think both need to be dropped. One brings pressure around the ground and does nothing, makes mistakes and is generally poor in the forward half. One doesn't pressure or win the ball up the ground and makes mistakes, costs us goals and is generally poor in the forward half.

I want both dropped. As Freddy is an out this week I think we can only afford to drop one of the two. I would choose Walters.

JLo wouldn’t drop both, so my pick is Emmett out first. Both have very similar pressure stats around the ground, but Sonny better in the forward half and most importantly Sonny ability to steady compose himself and use his left foot to set up others is way ahead of Emmett. I love Emmett’s intent and I hope he has a future, but he needs to go back to Perl and learn how to steady himself and set up team mates or shots on goal.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's hard to rate any team outside of the Swans for the flag at this point. They have a clear gap. Only caveat is that it is early in the season to be going this well and they've also had excellent continuity so far.

Every other team has significant asterisks next to their credentials. Makes it so hard to predict and it's become a massive year for "it's not who you play but when you play them".
Agree with your last line and I’ve often thought the same thing.
However I think it comes out in the wash over a 23 game season for every team. We definitely got the saints and the bulldogs at the right time.
However it’s looking like hawks have improved a lot since the opening rounds and will be hard beaten in Launceston, so we would definitely have been better off playing them at the start of the season. The bulldogs too at marvel will be tough.

He will not play. Hasn't had a game for a couple of weeks.
A few weeks back he kicked a bag in the first quarter, but then disappeared.
I am a huge fan,but he is not showing enough to gain a spot in the league team.
He didn't disappear in that game, he set up like 5 or 6 goals in the second half alone

He just decided to start passing off rather than kicking em himself

They have Mcreery, Mihocek and Degoey as tests, all 3 will play if available

(Degoey played last week but could be part of the "few outs")

Remove this Banner Ad

Back