Preview Round 11 Changes v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I am worried if we don't sort out our GK accuracy this will be ugly.

Friday night the whole country is watching against the defending champs who have had the wood on us since McRae has taken over in a time slot we s**t the bed constantly.

What could go wrong.
I cant remember the last time freo actually won a friday night game

No one dislikes Voss. But you can only play 3 tall forwards and a ruck, so if Darcy comes back in you hsve to drop someone.
Only way you could play 3 tall forwards and a ruck is one of the tall forwards is on the Bench.

You want a good example. Freo vs the hawks in the 2013 AFL grand final.

David Hale is the main ruck. Buddy franklin and roughy took the 2 KPF spots and Jack gunston was on the bench.

Only way you could play 3 tall forwards and a ruck is one of the tall forwards is on the Bench.

You want a good example. Freo vs the hawks in the 2013 AFL grand final.

David Hale is the main ruck. Buddy franklin and roughy took the 2 KPF spots and Jack gunston was on the bench.
Or you play Jackson as an oversized mid when he isn’t in second ruck, similar to the Blicavs role at Geelong.

I am worried if we don't sort out our GK accuracy this will be ugly.
I reckon if anyone takes charge and nails a couple of clutch type shots on goal early it'll usually settle the yips pretty effectively.

I remember in '06, when we went on that winning streak, Pav started regularly nailing clutch shots in that momentous run. It seemed to make it easier for everyone else taking their shots.

Maybe our strategy early should be kick it to Treacy at every available. Get him having those first shots.

This goal kicking issue is like not winning the first quarter issue. They love to harp on it, and yes it needs to be addressed but not all consuming.

Sometimes when you try to change something too much it has the opposite effect. Let it flow

Do we think Schultz had good relationship with his team mates at Freo and left on good terms. Don't think he was disliked to the degree lobb was but also not liked as maybe Logue.

He used to show frustration alot to his team mates when they didn't give him the ball or deliver it to him perfectly. Seems he is scared to do this at the pies

Switta and Schultz to have a scruff as both didn't seem to like each other

Do we think Schultz had good relationship with his team mates at Freo and left on good terms. Don't think he was disliked to the degree lobb was but also not liked as maybe Logue.

He used to show frustration alot to his team mates when they didn't give him the ball or deliver it to him perfectly. Seems he is scared to do this at the pies

JT said yesterday they are all still close with him

He does. I’d say he’s on the Logue/Acres level. Particularly with why he had to leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same way we were due a bad performance with the WC game I think we are due a game for everything to click. Hopefully it's this week coz I reckon we'll have Demons covered who seem to shit the bed against us every time

Last edited:
We haven't won a primetime friday night since before roaming BT

I reckon that's over ten years ago
As far as I can recall, the only opportunities we have missed to see Roaming Brian in the Freo rooms were both from 2022 - the home loss against Melbourne (3D anchor game) and the draw against Richmond at Marvel.

I think that shows how rarely we get prime time scheduling. This Friday is a huge opportunity for the club to lay down a statement victory.

Edit: Another missed Roaming Brian moment was the home game against Western Bulldogs last year (the Lobster Tears match).

Last edited:
Same way we were due a bad performance with the WC game I think we are due a game for everything to click. Hopefully it's this week coz I reckon we'll have Demons covered who seem.to s**t.the bed against us every time
I agree. The Sydney game was an anomaly and perhaps there was a hangover into last week. Saw a pic of Pearce yesterday on Luke Ryan’s Insta. They are flying back to Perth and AP looks rooted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back