Preview Round 11, Richmond vs Adelaide. Sunday 2:10pm, GIANTS Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the absence of Lynch, Chol will play deep forward with occasional backup in the ruck. Its how he's been used in the past.

Last week we used Marbs as the primary ruck and CCJ more permanently forward, so if VFL is any indication CCJ may well play as the more permanent forward and Marbs will get more ruck time.

Be interesting to see how we set up.

even before last nights game I had Dee’s down as an easy win. Dogs midfield with Treloar and Dunkley is crazy deep, without them It’s still a strong midfield but one that can be matched amd beaten.

Yep, Oliver's red hot lately and the Dogs have lost their equivalent in Dunkley - that inside beast who wins nearly every contest he goes near and sets everyone else up into space.

Having to run with a kid like Sweet (lots of talent, but not a quality senior ruck yet) over a fit and firing Martin is a big loss for them too when you come up against a combo like Gawn and Jackson.

If they have Martin, Dunks and Treloar back for finals and no other major injury worries, I reckon they'll still be the ones to beat.

hmmm well we had 5 cases yesterday that’s 14 days quarantine for them , 14 days for the rest who already have it and tested positive few days earlier , no way they will open up with 40+ live cases etc still quarantined. Maybe minimum 4 week lock down then ?
and all the vic clubs will stay in vic while rfc is the only club interstate

George isn't a crumbers backside. He played his junior footy as a half back maybe midfielder. Front and centre crumbing is a natural skill that requires reading the play and hitting the ball at pace, soft hands etc. He has other traits such as pace and energy and not bad overhead that get him a game. Rioli has crumbers traits but hasn't been near the ball at all this year. His cousin has it, Aarts has it somewhat.
Rioli is a natural crumber but we don't use him for that.

Been saying it for ages. Needs a stint in the magoos to find that part of his game again. He's a bloody good small forward that's wasted in a purely negative role. Can get any turd to run around filling space and harassing.

As much defensive running as Rioli does, he still has the opportunity to crumb, as he has done for years, but he just out of step at the moment. Maybe all that defensive stuff has messed up the natural flair he used to have. Either way they want more from him or he wouldn't have been dropped.

George isn't a crumbers backside. He played his junior footy as a half back maybe midfielder. Front and centre crumbing is a natural skill that requires reading the play and hitting the ball at pace, soft hands etc. He has other traits such as pace and energy and not bad overhead that get him a game. Rioli has crumbers traits but hasn't been near the ball at all this year. His cousin has it, Aarts has it somewhat.
Agreed George is not a crumber s a-hole however he’s not creating any scoring opportunities through other methods at the moment.

He was earlier in the year and remember the 2019 GF he could have kicked 6.
He’s either out of form or not working hard enough to create scoring opportunities.

Aarts is creating those opportunities and it’s not all traditional small forward front and centre/ crumbing stuff.
Love what George has done so far in his career, has worked his arse off to get where he is but his last 5 weeks has been Shizen and he’s very lucky to be in the 22 imo

Why, though? He's one of our least versatile players and barely makes an impact in 4 quarters let alone coming in cold off the bench mid-game.

From the 4 below, I would've gone Dow. Miller, I like but he won't make his debut as the medical sub. Martyn perhaps.

[27] Thomson Dow,[17] Daniel Rioli,[36] Will Martyn,[46] Ben Miller

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the 4 below, I would've gone Dow. Miller, I like but he won't make his debut as the medical sub. Martyn perhaps.

[27] Thomson Dow,[17] Daniel Rioli,[36] Will Martyn,[46] Ben Miller
Dow would make the most sense for sure, could cover a midfield/hff/hbf role. Rioli plays one role and one role only, kind of.

we are gonna whinge for 6 months if we drop this one
If we drop this game the season is just about cooked imo , Whilst we can still make finals i dont think we will do anything significant
We desperately need to win the next 2 and go into the bye 7-5 to have a chance of making top 4.

Why the F* did Covid have to hit this week

Agree, cant at this stage have both rioli and Castagna out. But admittingly both have been meow of late.
Not sure if have you been watching the reserves the last 2 weeks, Caddy has been playing midfield looking super fit and sharp, accumulating 32 and 35 disposals in those 2 games, and 2 goals each game.
Caddy is a gun,whoever thinks otherwise is kidding themselves

Interestingly, Dimma flagged in his presser that Jack may have a bit of a role change with CJ and Chol coming in. Could we see him spend some time on the wing?
I'd make Chol play CHF... if I was Dimma. He is lousy deep because he can't fight for the lead like good forwards do, but at CHF he would already be out there and wouldn't be so easily outbodied. His VFL form as a ruckman was much more physical from reports, and he was good in the air. CHF, ruck not that different when you are going for your marks as opposed to timing your leads as a deep forward. He hasn't got the nouse for that.

So maybe Jack will play more as a floating/3rd tall forward, which might suit him as he won't be the centre of attention having to fly in big packs all the time. Use his brain, reckon his brawn/physical attributes are starting to fade.

Can also second ruck as he, Jack and CCJ can rotate through there.

Last edited:
Don’t think Chol likes body contact. That’s the problem
To be fair the club's seems to have recognised this. He's playing each week as first ruck in the twos where body contact is unavoidable and he's having a good year. His athletic traits, speed and kicking are all potentially very valuable at the top level but I've been critical he seems to lack a killer instinct. I've also been critical of his ruckwork/timing. Sometimes in the ruck he looks awful. He's one of those players that finds the skills of the game so easy it's like he's always cruising. There's nowhere to hide in the ruck and from what I've seen he's improved. It's all about development for big Cholly so I will be very keen to see how he goes as second ruck this week. The big frustration is he could be an absolute weapon !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back