VFL VFL Round 11 v GWS Giants Stadium Sunday June 4 9.30am

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with this and Morro’s approach being the correct one.

But question, is what Dimma said about Cumberland much worse than what Morris said about Sonsie?
No it wasn’t after an afl press conference where it’s viewed on the TV stage. Chalk and cheese RJ. I don’t think it was really damning nor was Dimmas intended to be either. It’s all about location location as Mr LJ Hooker would say.

GWS Giants 12.8 (80) def by Richmond 10.22 (82)
Lachlan Street (RIC)
5 Cameron Fleeton (GWS)
4 Angus Hicks (RIC)
4 Harry Rowston (GWS)
3 Bigoa Nyoun (RIC)
2 Steely Green (RIC)
2 Ben Miller (RIC)
1 Barry O'Connor (GWS)

Another weird set of votes, with one coach giving Fleeton best on ground and the other coach not even having him top five

There was a pivotal moment in the last quarter where young Trezise was ambling to go off to the bench and we turned it over. The ball came back to his side of the wing and a GWS player was ready to breakaway as he had his opponent cold. Trezise was awake to it and made up metres to catch him and peel him like a banana and made the ball and bloke sit comfortably over the boundary line. He then laconically went to the bench and everyone gave him back and bum slaps.
These one percenters lift sides, but it was so impressive to see how switched on he was. I’m hoping during the preseason he can put more muscle and strength into his legs for that extra yard and leap bc he‘ll make a great winger. I reckon his upper body strength is great bc his tackles stick like a vice.

Last edited:
Most players cant play either end when call upon, Bauer looks like he can, a very handy skill set. He’s developing very nicely every game.
Agree, he looks promising.

This is an interesting approach we have taken across all our developing players.

We’ve thrown most of our talls around at either end of the ground and regularly ask our guys to play different roles.
Yes, flexibility is valuable but I wonder if we wouldn’t be better served by letting our young talls settle into a position and learn the craft with some continuity in their role.

As you say, not many can play both ends and we seem hell bent on turning Miller, biggy, Bauer and even Bradtke into duel position types.
Can’t help but wonder if it’s slowed their development as a player, given they aren’t settled in one role.

Agree, he looks promising.

This is an interesting approach we have taken across all our developing players.

We’ve thrown most of our talls around at either end of the ground and regularly ask our guys to play different roles.
Yes, flexibility is valuable but I wonder if we wouldn’t be better served by letting our young talls settle into a position and learn the craft with some continuity in their role.

As you say, not many can play both ends and we seem hell bent on turning Miller, biggy, Bauer and even Bradtke into duel position types.
Can’t help but wonder if it’s slowed their development as a player, given they aren’t settled in one role.
Ben Miller is definitely a Ruck but has benefitted from his 4 years as a Backman in the VFL. The ability to go with your opposition ruck into the backline and soundly beat them is a fairly unique ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back