Preview Round 12 v GWS Giants Stadium Sunday June 4th 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok stop after first sentence , this current side basically loses every single week , not by much but they’re losing all the time. That quite simply tells me they ain’t getting it done , no matter what. I’m not asking for 7 changes ,,,,yet…. but at least a couple may make that difference in a close game. Eg drop jack and instead of his man getting 20p and 9 marks he gets 13p and 5m ,,, that just might be enough to swing a 10p loss to a 10p win ,,, that’s my drift

Ok would jacks replacement do any better? Jack hasn’t been good but he is competing 1 out against sometimes multiple opponents. He isn’t a number 1 key forward. We only have 1 and unfortunately he is out. At worst he needs a foil. At the moment defenders are rolling off ryan/Miller because they aren’t a threat. To me Jack is battered but he needs help. He needs someone to stand up and take the pressure off by engaging their opponent. I can see why Jack is getting picked because his replacement wouldn’t be any better or at least smart enough to continue to compete against multiple opponents.
Is Cumbo the answer? Possibly. But once again he gets exposed. Maybe it is a Balta. But our defence has been pretty good so do you run that risk of exposing The back half. It’S a tough decision atm but Mini isn’t really in a position to throw magnets

I hadn’t looked at the fixture either but I assumed given it was Maddie’s match that the focus wouldn’t move away from that or be let move away from that and become Trent’s retirement game.

I also don’t think it’s a great look for Trent if we get him to 300 and then retire him. It’s a bit embarrassing for us to basically admit that he’s been carried to 300.

That’s maybe what’s happening; I actually prefer to think that he’s holding his place on merit because although he isn’t seeing a lot of the ball, when he gets it his decision making and ball use is better than 20 of our current lineup.

If we don’t make finals I don’t think Trent is the reason.

Maybe he should get to 300, keep doing what he’s doing and when/if the season becomes mathematically impossible he retires to give a younger player an opportunity.

That’s what I was saying, if we lose our next two games season is essentially over. We pretty much can’t lose more than 2 games if we want to play finals and even that may see us miss.

If we lose both I don’t see any harm in Cotchin retiring at his 300th. He’s not so much being carried but making way for the younger players to develop. As he and Riewoldt essentially played on to attempt to win another flag I don’t see any harm in them retiring when it is no longer possible.

Ok would jacks replacement do any better? Jack hasn’t been good but he is competing 1 out against sometimes multiple opponents. He isn’t a number 1 key forward. We only have 1 and unfortunately he is out. At worst he needs a foil. At the moment defenders are rolling off ryan/Miller because they aren’t a threat. To me Jack is battered but he needs help. He needs someone to stand up and take the pressure off by engaging their opponent. I can see why Jack is getting picked because his replacement wouldn’t be any better or at least smart enough to continue to compete against multiple opponents.
Is Cumbo the answer? Possibly. But once again he gets exposed. Maybe it is a Balta. But our defence has been pretty good so do you run that risk of exposing The back half. It’S a tough decision atm but Mini isn’t really in a position to throw magnets
yep I could make a case we’d be better playing young down there and play as defensive forward on their best back spoil everything, that could equate to half the rebounds from d50, and we’d be much better for it

So you reckon we'll lose Tarrant, Jack, Cotch and Cumbo in the one off season (after losing George this season). Then no doubt at some stage you'll talk about Ross leaving. Then we gotta cut Colina. Soldo will no doubt look elsewhere AND Dusty will no doubt want a trade as well. Man, seems dire. You renewing your membership next year?

Yes I do.
Three will retire and one will seek a trade.
Cumbo is not going to sit idle and play at Punt Road and Casey Fields for the next two years.

Are you going to actually contribute anything TI or just disagree with all my posts? Sorry I don’t conform with the pile on tactics of you and a few of your brethren. I guess I’m in the wrong place if I want to look at it level headed and in a pragmatic sense.

And what, may I ask, do you contribute, Sir.
Other than a thousand posts a week disagreeing with everyone else's posts and one hundred reasons why you still think we are a top four side?

Other than a thousand posts a week disagreeing with everyone else's posts and one hundred reasons why you still think we are a top four side?
Na I actually enjoy calling out the chicken littles running around calling for everyone’s head. Funny thing most posters in this forum agree with me they just don’t post because arguing with the mob is nauseating. I know for a fact some of this mob were the most vocal during 16 only to be left looking stupid from then on. I know this because there are certain posters here that are amongst the current pile on that I had run ins with that caused be to just delete my account and not bother with my time.

Heaven forbid someone actually views things through a different more pragmatic lens instead of just following the mob from the cheap seats. I get everyone is allowed to have an opinion but some of the views are bordering on ridiculous. Some posters genuinely believe they know more than coaching, match committee, list managers etc. most of which have never played a level higher then D grade amateur reserves.

I learnt long ago in footy that things are never as good or as bad as they seem and sometimes taking a step back and seeing the forest through the trees will give you a clearer perspective.

Why would Mini want to coach for the future? At this point his future is up in the air with no guarantees. He isn’t going to make wholesale changes to a team that’s more than competitive and a chance of winning each week. Why would he? What benefit does he get? He needs wins to secure his future. He will continue to pick the best side available, regardless of age.
If the MC think Jack is going to compete more effectively then a not ready Bauer or Bradtke then so be it. That’s just the way it is. Understandably he isn’t going to be looking any further then a week in front
Two changes last week. OK. Stick with the plan. Hmm another loss. One change this week.

Not even talking about Jack R in particular but the fwd line kicked 2.12 in a half of footy last week I'd've seen 3 changes up there. Hardly "wholesale changes."
Is Mini putting his hand up for a senior job? Doesn't look like it. He's been at the club a while surely he's got some clue as to Dimma players and game plan that isn't working. Is Mini too matey with senior players?

The team is looking like RFC 2021. F*n poorly

If Mini applied for the RFC coach job now would you sign him up?

Last edited:
We all make equal contributions to the rich tapestry that is the Richmond Forum, well it's just that some contributions are more equal than others, right?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I learnt long ago in footy that things are never as good or as bad as they seem and sometimes taking a step back and seeing the forest through the trees will give you a clearer perspective.
Explaining Scott Mccord GIF by FROM

its funny even when he was our best player i never warmed to lids

watching those interview clips i can see why
It's always been about Brett Deledio in his head. Sure he tried his guts out for the club but doesn't mean he did all the right things.

I've got zero sympathy for him and he's never once publically congratulated the club, just soaked in his own misery.

Are you going to actually contribute anything TI or just disagree with all my posts? Sorry I don’t conform with the pile on tactics of you and a few of your brethren. I guess I’m in the wrong place if I want to look at it level headed and in a pragmatic sense.
How disingenuous to believe that unless someone precisely agrees with you they aren't contributing to the discussion.

Also to believe there is a mob approach whenever there is disagreement with whatever you think. Self appointed victimhood is pathetic.

Through that lens you arent level headed mate, your just rigidly conservative on the issue, bordering on delusionallly so.

People aren't idiots.

Last edited:
How disingenuous to believe that unless someone precisely agrees with you they aren't contributing to the discussion.

Through that lens you arent level headed mate, your just rigidly conservative on the issue, bordering on delusionallly so.
Not disingenuous at all. Quite the contrary. Most reasonable criticism I just bypass without comment and accept as their opinion. It’s the howlers that i call out.
If I sat here and called out every post i disagreed with.

A: it would make me as you say let’s just go with pig headed
B: defeat the purpose of an open forum that is bigfooty.

I don’t proclaim my opinion to be right far from it. My opinion is my opinion however I do back my judgement through experience with footy
Not everyone’s cup of tea but so be it

Last edited:
Not disingenuous at all. Quite the contrary. Most reasonable criticism I just bypass without comment and accept as their opinion. It’s the howlers that i call out.
If I sat here and called out every post i disagreed with.

A: it would make me as you say let’s just go with pig headed
B: defeat the purpose of an open forum that is bigfooty.
You're not pragmatic or sensible on the issue. If anything you are rigidly dogmatic and are the only one hyper-sensitive enough to label disagreement of more than 1 person as some sort of tactical pile on.

You want to make it about you that's the way it will seem.

Na I actually enjoy calling out the chicken littles running around calling for everyone’s head. Funny thing most posters in this forum agree with me they just don’t post because arguing with the mob is nauseating. I know for a fact some of this mob were the most vocal during 16 only to be left looking stupid from then on. I know this because there are certain posters here that are amongst the current pile on that I had run ins with that caused be to just delete my account and not bother with my time.

Heaven forbid someone actually views things through a different more pragmatic lens instead of just following the mob from the cheap seats. I get everyone is allowed to have an opinion but some of the views are bordering on ridiculous. Some posters genuinely believe they know more than coaching, match committee, list managers etc. most of which have never played a level higher then D grade amateur reserves.

If you hadn't noticed we have won 3 games for the year, with a pretty good list overall. You might have missed Hardwick chucking it in. So something is not quite right, chicken little over and out.

Also to believe there is a mob approach whenever there is disagreement with whatever you think. Self appointed victimhood is pathetic.

People aren't idiots.

Robert Redford Nodding GIF by Turner Classic Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back