Preview Round 11: Sir Doug Nicholls Round, Dreamtime at the G - Richmond Tigers vs Essendon Bombers, Saturday, 25th May, 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good changes overall. Great that tsatas, byran, reid/hayes and even roberts and shiel all have good cases for deserving a game.

Why do you think hobbs deserves a spot more than tsatas in Scott's mind?

Hobbs worse last week and down on from, what's the knock on tsatas at the moment.

I prefer if bring a young player in keep them in for 2-3.

Because neither is going to get consistent midfield minutes.

The question is who can play that high half forward role better of the 2? It doesnt suit either of them, but the case is probably valid that Hobbs is better suited to that role as he’s a better tackler.

Why do you think hobbs deserves a spot more than tsatas in Scott's mind?

Hobbs worse last week and down on from, what's the knock on tsatas at the moment.

I prefer if bring a young player in keep them in for 2-3.

Tsatas was bought in as injury cover nothing more. He’ll get his chance

Will be interesting how things look if the team gets healthy as Parish, Setterfield and Dursma are all close to walk up starts in the team. (Plus Reid)

Will be interesting how things look if the team gets healthy as Parish, Setterfield and Dursma are all close to walk up starts in the team. (Plus Reid)
Yeah, in many positions we will have pressure for spots. Haven't had that for eons

Reid and Setterfield arent walk up starts if we keep going the way were going

Thats seen by selection this week with Reid

Setterfield has missed so much time that he will likely need to return via VFL and need to see the top side out of form or injury occur

CHANGES SINCE LAST TIME:

ESSENDON OUTS: Zerk-Thatcher, Snelling, Baldwin, Draper, Weideman, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Menzie, D'Ambrosio, Phillips
ESSENDON INS: McKay, Wright, Gresham, Caddy, Kelly, Laverde, Goldstein, Cox, Guelfi

RICHMOND OUTS: Taranto, Ross, Cotchin, Graham, Grimes, Riewoldt, Mansell, Clarke
RICHMOND INS: Miller, Brown, Sonsie, Lefau, Campbell, Green, McAuliffe, Cumberland

1716492815819.png

My GOD look at that backline. Stacked!

Last edited:
Should be enough in the midfield for this week. Merrett, Durham and Stringer will start on ball with Perkins and Caldwell the next in the chain. I’m not as high on Setterfield as others in this thread - he’s a very one dimensional player and injury prone. Having him around the ball means Stringer and Perkins would lose their CBA’s and I think their power and strength is necessary in todays “power AFL” game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid and Setterfield arent walk up starts if we keep going the way were going

Thats seen by selection this week with Reid

Setterfield has missed so much time that he will likely need to return via VFL and need to see the top side out of form or injury occur
Well, I guess if you haven't been playing due to injury, and the team has been winning, then...

CHANGES SINCE LAST TIME:

ESSENDON OUTS: Zerk-Thatcher, Snelling, Baldwin, Draper, Weideman, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Menzie, D'Ambrosio, Phillips
ESSENDON INS: McKay, Wright, Gresham, Caddy, Kelly, Laverde, Goldstein, Cox, Guelfi

RICHMOND OUTS: Taranto, Ross, Cotchin, Graham, Grimes, Riewoldt, Mansell, Clarke
RICHMOND INS: Miller, Brown, Sonsie, Lefau, Campbell, Green, McAuliffe, Cumberland

View attachment 1998554

My GOD look at that backline. Stacked!
Richmond's ins and outs are pretty sad though.

Should be enough in the midfield for this week. Merrett, Durham and Stringer will start on ball with Perkins and Caldwell the next in the chain. I’m not as high on Setterfield as others in this thread - he’s a very one dimensional player and injury prone. Having him around the ball means Stringer and Perkins would lose their CBA’s and I think their power and strength is necessary in todays “power AFL” game.
Setterfield has power and strength when he's fit enough to actually play. You're right though, he looks like surplus atm.

Pretty happy with the ins/outs. Hope Martin gets released onto the wing with Ridley back, much rather see his creativity pinpointing passes in the forward 50. Re: Hobbs form I really struggle to see how to utilise his strengths in this team. He more often than not negates the play, when he gets the hard ball it seems to result in a stoppage rather then getting it out. His kicking can be pretty lethal but only over a short distance because they hang in the air and lack a bit of bite. I think he adds to midfield depth but with the way the midfield is shaping up I don't see him best 22.

honestly, as much as i'd love for it to be a 100+ point trouncing like the past fornight for richmond, i think it'll be a similar win to what we had vs norf.

excited to see ridley play. now that mckay is down back he should easily be able to command our d50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back