Player Watch Round 11 v Essendon - Dreamtime At The G - MCG Saturday May 25th 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 2 weeks of being belted the surviving Richmond players will front up to the MCG this Satuday night to face a red hot Essendon in the traditional Dreamtime at the G game as part of Sir Doug Nicholls Round. The Tigers will be basically picking every available player for this game such is the injury crisis at the moment with Lefau Mansell Naismith & Bauer all joining the injury list across the weekend, while there is no guarantee that we will get anyone back with Trezise and Banks needing to clear concussion protocols, Baker to get over soreness and Grimes to recover from a back complaint. There is also an outside chance that Campbell Hopper & Graham could be available, but all 3 should be held over until at least the Adelaide game in 2 games time.

The chances of Richmond getting a win in this game are practically nil and the most that anyone can take out of this game would be some further signs of development from the kids and a bit more of an improved effort from some senior players who have been down of form the last few weeks. Outside that it's shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic at the moment as Yze tries to steer us through an unprecedented injury crisis for this club.

Predicted Line Up
Out: Lefau Mansell
In: Baker Ryan/Koschitzke

B: Brown Young Miller
HB: Vlastuin D.Rioli Broad
C: McIntosh Bolton Ralphsmith
HF: Coulthard Sonsie Cumberland
F: Balta Martin Ryan/Koschitzke
R: Nankervis Prestia Dow
INT: Baker Short Pickett McAuliffe
SUB: Green

2 forced changes with Lefau and Mansell likely to miss with Baker back in and then flip the coin to see if Ryan or Koschitzke come in as the 2nd forward and back up ruck. As I said, it's shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic at the moment as we can't make any meaningful changes until the Adelaide game at the earliest given the short 5 day break between Geelong and Adelaide for the next 2 games.

Essendon find themselves in 2nd place on the ladder with a 7-1-2 record but their record is a little deceiving as they are 1-1-2 against the top 8 and 6-0 against the bottom 8 sides. So if they are to be considered a serious contender this year, they should account for us by 10 goals at minimum, anything less than that would be a win for us in our current situation.

What's going to be insufferable on Saturday night is their arrogant fans will be out in force talking themselves up before during & after the game, would be a nice time to remind them that it'll be over 7200 days since they last won a final when we play this game.

soccer GIF

I suggest all of our afl listed players take to the field like this for the next few weeks until the injury list is reduced to a more manageable level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the replay and honestly we need to drop Martin to the VFL. Not rested, not managed, dropped. I know it sounds unthinkable but it's the message all players will get that's important.. He was ordinary and it was 100% effort based. If not Martin then Bolton or Nank. Draw a line in the sand Adem. No player is immune.. After watching again Brown certainly has to return to the VFL and work on intensity.

Just watched the replay and honestly we need to drop Martin to the VFL. Not rested, not managed, dropped. I know it sounds unthinkable but it's the message all players will get that's important.. He was ordinary and it was 100% effort based. If not Martin then Bolton or Nank. Draw a line in the sand Adem. No player is immune.. After watching again Brown certainly has to return to the VFL and work on intensity.
We don't have many injury free players to replace them.

The Verucas will be in our faces this week.

Thank God it's a home game.
WE can hide amongst fellow sufferers.

3121 always seems to get a loud mouth Bomber in there Verucing it up though.

I don't think I I have ever seen so many stationary players just walking while Brisbane were transitioning the ball end to end. I am shell shocked by the effort. I didn't notice it as much on the night. But watching the replay is actually devastating. These players are paid big money and the effort is possibly the worst I have seen. Certainly up there with the worst. I was at Kardinia Park years ago when we got destroyed by Geelong. I was there in 2016 V the Swans. The Geelong game was a talent issue. This result was an attitude and effort issue. Almost coaching group and players are not aligned. Very worrying times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back