Game Day Round 11 vs. Fremantle, OS, 8:10pm Friday 24/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to the game, I'll be at the Camfield from around 4 ish.

Wearing the Pies 2023 premiers t shirt - grey and a black and white flanny.

If you spot me, pop over for a chat, I'm friendly.

I'm devo that I can't wear my merch anymore

But us going undefeated for the remainder of the season is more important

Absolutely nothing to do with the game but have had some membership stuff ups where my packs went to the wrong place. Very proud to have my 50 year member badges arrive today.
Congratulations on 50 years of membership. Very loyal and deserves to be acknowledged.

Congratulations on 50 years of membership. Very loyal and deserves to be acknowledged.

I thought my 26 badge was pretty impressive

Then seeing 50 is like...holy sh*t lol

Strange in a good way, bad way or just strange?
Just strange, you would think a long flight would be detrimental to his groin injury. Maybe he just wants to be around the boys rather than by himself in Melbourne. And Wadey and the psychologist are in Perth as well.

Why can't you wear your merch?

Superstition

Last year was the mug, which won us a flag

This year I discovered that we lose when I wear merch.

I cracked the shits after we lost to St.Kilda and stopped wearing merchandise. We haven't lose a game since...

I reckon Rambeau will be chomping at the bit for this game, will want to prove himself.

Will be interesting to see how Dean and Parker go too.

The most frustrating part about Beau's concussion is that he FINALLY was showing in that game that he can be a midfielder.

Same way McStay was FINALLY showing in that Prelim why we got him

Hopefully Beau can pick up where he left off against Carlton because he was almost best on ground at the time he got hurt. Was absolutely killing it

Superstition

I cracked the shits after we lost to St.Kilda and stopped wearing merchandise. We haven't lose a game since...
Well me wearing hasn't stopped us winning, I'll keep wearing it.

Superstition aside, I reckon we're up against it tonight.

I'll be happy for a competitive showing, if we are we can win.

I reckon Rambeau will light up Optus tonight, just got that feeling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least it's reassuring that selectors are prepared to move on players that they feel don't adequately perform or fit the team's structure. I didn't see much of either player on the TV last week, but I did see HH's crucial involvement in the winning goal. He is making a habit of inhabiting pivotal moments in games. I didn't see Finn do anything as team or score lifting.

Yet posters still bang on about selection integrity… go figure.

Well me wearing hasn't stopped us winning, I'll keep wearing it.

Superstition aside, I reckon we're up against it tonight.

I'll be happy for a competitive showing, if we are we can win.

I reckon Rambeau will light up Optus tonight, just got that feeling.
I feel similarly, although I'm a typically glass half empty type who, over the last 2 years or so has been pleasantly surprised.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Ed Allan goes tonight. At 194cm and with his apparent fitness, he's one to watch in the short to medium term. Fingers-crossed he can become a similar player to someone like Bont or Cripps, who are both incredibly adept at maximising their own respective physical abilities.

Last edited:
...Fingers-crossed he can become a similar player to someone like Bont or Cripps, who are both incredibly adept at maximising their own respective physical abilities.
That contested mark by Bont in Q4 last night was something else. I'd be gobsmacked if we managed to find a draftee that could replicate that.

Confident we win tonight at a ground we play well at. Superior mids and team anything happens in footy but no reason why we won't beat that mob. They beat a struggling Saints side last week and we got the W in a hard fought scrap vs The Crows as we often do.

On board the Magpie Army tonight and put a 5er on us to salute.

UP THA ****EN PIES!

Superstition

Last time I went on discord, we drew on Anzac Day. Last week and the Carlton game, I’ve yearned to come say g’day, but then I remember when I crack the sh1ts too, and don't go on, we get up. Love some superstition.

I haven’t put my guernsey on since the Anzac Day game, either. The missus and I always get into a bust up whenever Collingwood win. Already had one today. I don’t even start them. It just happens that way.

The Eagles game was Mother’s Day, which she cracked it because she liked the presents, but said I brought too many. We won.

Combination of merch, missus and I going hammer and tong, and discord. So, I’m sitting in the back room hiding, but quietly confident 😂

No game day thread?!?

Just watched the highlights from last year. We had a fairly experienced team but without Darcy Cameron and WHE. They were missing Luke Young, Caleb Serong and Frederick.

A 10 goal to 2 second quarter all but snuffed out the match and we had almost 10 individual goalkickers in that quarter. It was something to behold. Ash Johnston becoming a strong target, Dan McStay clunking them and Darcy Moore providing a helluva interception device.

With our 5 noobs in the side the heat in the midfield is going to be something. Darcy in, Frederick out but a much more balanced Freo side than last year (also minus Schultz).

I think we have better midfield pressure than the Saints. With Darcy Cameron being a good matchup for Darcy and Jackson, I'm confident we'll have enough of a wall up to slow them down. Hell they only scored 3 goals in Q1 at Marvel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back