Dean in and we throw Moore forward?
Mihocek actually gets up?

Beau you’d think should definitely be back which is something

First time in a long time I genuinely have no idea what we’ll do selection wise

Krueger in?

Moore will not be thrown forward. You should know by now that move will never be made except in a crisis during a game.

First time in a long time I genuinely have no idea what we’ll do selection wise

Krueger in?

Just gotta get through this Freo Game, then all should largely return to normal for the Doggies Game the week after hopefully.

Just can’t afford more injuries next week

I wouldn’t throw Moore up forward. Haven’t seen him up forward since pre 2018 from memory

Just gotta get through this Freo Game, then all should largely return to normal for the Doggies Game the week after hopefully.

Just can’t afford more injuries next week

I wouldn’t throw Moore up forward. Haven’t seen him up forward since pre 2018 from memory
We have put him forward in aspects last year or 2022.
Bucks played him there for a few games in 2021

We have put him forward in aspects last year or 2022.
Bucks played him there for a few games in 2021
Still doubt he’ll be the one to be thrown up there. Frampton going up forward or throwing Krueger in would happen before that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t be surprised if Degoey ends up with delayed concussion symptoms. Had a heavy fall late in the game.

Despite the score line, I felt like we controlled the game and were let down by execution at times. I’d keep it to necessary changes only.

Macrae was ok, he’s learning and needs some exposure to adjust to the level. He can’t get any better by playing VFL.

WHE is a big loss, don’t think we have any other Swiss Army knife types do bring in. Reef was also competing well, hopefully Mihocek has recovered.

Nobody is really jumping out at VFL level, I’d say Jiath for WHE but I don’t think his form would translate very well to AFL. Allan had 9 tackles, that’s commendable.

He was okay, we just have better half forwards and mids coming through.

We’ve atleast learnt he can be called upon to play half forward and he won’t be a liability.
Agreed, but part of also developing the list is giving these players exposure. I’d throw the magnets around, give Schultz and Mcreery time on ball to give Macrae some time on a HFF.

He has to get to 50 or so games before you can judge whether the others are better or not. Granted currently on exposed form, and as you say, others are ahead…doesn’t mean that will always be the case.

his pressure was excellent today though. 22 pressure acts and 5 tackles. Improved on that from last week (where people talked about his 0 tackles), so he's adding things to his game each week.
He did okay without standing out. Playing his role well, as skipworth says. Doesn't have to do too much just play his role.
The
Don’t be surprised if Degoey ends up with delayed concussion symptoms. Had a heavy fall late in the game.

Despite the score line, I felt like we controlled the game and were let down by execution at times. I’d keep it to necessary changes only.

Macrae was ok, he’s learning and needs some exposure to adjust to the level. He can’t get any better by playing VFL.

WHE is a big loss, don’t think we have any other Swiss Army knife types do bring in. Reef was also competing well, hopefully Mihocek has recovered.

Nobody is really jumping out at VFL level, I’d say Jiath for WHE but I don’t think his form would translate very well to AFL. Allan had 9 tackles, that’s commendable.
If Ed is the best runner at the club he can do the WHE role of running in the background for most of the game and then chiming in occasionally!

Some posters are obsessed with resting people.
I know. It’s a tedious and naive point of view.

These are professional sports people who are trained to be capable of playing a full home and away series + finals.

They’re not primary school kids.

That’s true. I just feel we’ve been playing very well as a defensive side now that Oleg is back down back.

With Oleg taking up another smallish forward and locking them down, it free’s up Noble who i feel has taken Markov’s role from last year, and is now able to run free around the ground, pick up the disposals and have a big impact on the game, whilst still as a team playing well defensively and making it hard for other teams to score.

I feel dean would throw the defensive team off and to be fair, ever since dean got dropped defensively we’ve been much better.

I reckon dean should play if one of the bigger boys gets injured, and replace them, not a small-medium type defender. Or replace one of the defenders if they’ve had an absolute shocker, but Oleg didn’t have anywhere near a shocker today
Maynard gives us options. He's playing Howes role. So we could ring in a tall and play Bruzzy small.

Macrae is surely the one to be omitted. He was unsighted today. When i did see him in the last quarter, his outfit still looked like it was fresh out of the wash. Sullivan was far more prominent. No brainer for me - Macrae out.

Yeah fair comment, and to be honest, I agree. What I like about Sullivan, although he has not accumulated a lot of the footy, I feel like every touch is effective.

From a match committee perspective though, I feel Macrae has been playing more forward, where Sullivan has been going through the midfield. With Mitchell returning, it is more of a like for like to replace Sullivan in terms of positional role from the past two weeks.

That’s true. I just feel we’ve been playing very well as a defensive side now that Oleg is back down back.

With Oleg taking up another smallish forward and locking them down, it free’s up Noble who i feel has taken Markov’s role from last year, and is now able to run free around the ground, pick up the disposals and have a big impact on the game, whilst still as a team playing well defensively and making it hard for other teams to score.

I feel dean would throw the defensive team off and to be fair, ever since dean got dropped defensively we’ve been much better.

I reckon dean should play if one of the bigger boys gets injured, and replace them, not a small-medium type defender. Or replace one of the defenders if they’ve had an absolute shocker, but Oleg didn’t have anywhere near a shocker today
Our backline improved prior to Markov coming back. I don’t think Markov is making a great contribution to it personally.

Going up against the super tall Dockers team is the right team to shift upwards. Markov has been providing almost no run & carry, nor intercepting. Additionally, think Maynard does better on smaller types

In Miochek Mcreery Harrison (to 22)
Out Hoskin Elliot McInnes Sidebottom (sub)

Don't get this boards fascination with Krueger. Played about 10 games over 7 years and constantly injured and been back 5 mins.
Maybe later in the year if there are more injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back