Game Day Round 11 vs. Fremantle, OS, 8:10pm Friday 24/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did Fly confirm they’re good to go? That’s great news if so. I must say Friday feels like a 50/50 at best with all of these injuries.

It's under control

I won't be wearing any merch

Sounds like Checkers and Beau are back this week with Howe on track for the week after

Reinforcements are arriving folks which is good news leading into the bye

If we can survive with maybe only one loss leading into the bye and then get everyone back after the bye then we can really smash into the more important half of the season and then regain McStay for finals and demolish everyone when it matters

So we have a great fitness guy in Waite. Is this all bad luck or have the AFL really screwed us and other clubs with a shorter preseason?

Excited for Ed Allan - I am still very confident that he will become a very good AFL footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, reckon it was fairly obvious during the game his groin was a problem. Particularly the further the game went on.

Couldn’t move laterally at all really.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he is out for quite a while.
Jordy won’t play – he’s got a fresh injury, he’s got an abdominal strain. He got that in the game, and played through it, and then pulled up quite sore from it … he’s getting scans to check out what that means,” McRae said.

“This is a separate injury actually, the other one has settled down and this one has expressed itself as an abdominal strain – it’s nothing to do with the (groin issue).
I’m going to err on the side of the scan coming back with minimal damage and no ongoing cause for concern with JDG to be assessed ahead of Rd 12 and ultimately available.

So we have a great fitness guy in Waite. Is this all bad luck or have the AFL really screwed us and other clubs with a shorter preseason?

Excited for Ed Allan - I am still very confident that he will become a very good AFL footballer.
Fly was on SEN recently and mentioned that ~150 players were unavailable through injury last week. Seems like it's going around!

Glad someone else went there! My guess is it’ll be one of the quickest recoveries for an abdominal strain in the games history… About 12 days by my count.
That wasn't intentional. I was just listing all the reasons that have been rolled out for him missing.

A club would want to avoid delayed concussion though - they're going to crap for it with the way that it's currently getting reported.

Fly was on SEN recently and mentioned that ~150 players were unavailable through injury last week. Seems like it's going around!

Yeah, I heard the interview. It will be in party due to shorter breaks between games and pre season.

The AFL are a funny beast.....if you recall after we won the flag in 2010 with high rotation numbers........they cited injury numbers as a reason to cap rotations etc.

I would argue that injuries now are worse than ever, yet the AFL are very quiet lol Can't effect that bottom line it seems.

I wonder if they are including all the 'managed' players as injured. Because there are multiple managed players each week. And then you add in all the players missing through concussion protocols. Lots of short breaks between games probably not helping.

Yeah, I heard the interview. It will be in party due to shorter breaks between games and pre season.

The AFL are a funny beast.....if you recall after we won the flag in 2010 with high rotation numbers........they cited injury numbers as a reason to cap rotations etc.

I would argue that injuries now are worse than ever, yet the AFL are very quiet lol Can't effect that bottom line it seems.
But the game opened up and people loved the sub rule. Clubs complained it got canned medi sub clubs complained back to sub clubs complain.
From memory pies turbo.charged rotations to the extent the bench became an important tactic. Than clubs complained injuries unfairly influenced results and the debates been never ending
AFL should just leave it.4 and a sub and capped rotations is enough to ensure no injury disadvantage etc. Just leave it as is.

I wonder if they are including all the 'managed' players as injured. Because there are multiple managed players each week. And then you add in all the players missing through concussion protocols. Lots of short breaks between games probably not helping.
Injuries happen and are part of the sport. The increase could be down to a number of factors that should be reviewed. Imo thou bench is fine leave it as is

Kreugs may v.well be on the plane ..hopefully someone keeps him away from the propeller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back