Game Day Round 11 vs. Fremantle, OS, 8:10pm Friday 24/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if those screaming for exposing the kids earlier this year are going to be keen still at 11pm Friday night 🤔

Depends what Freo shows up. The one against WCE and we still win. The semi-decent, slightly-better-than-Adelaide one, on their home deck, it could be a bridge too far.

It’s a mistake in selection if that’s what’s happening.
Forced outs I get.
Omitting anyone from last week to being in an unknown at afl level is a mistake.
I hope this doesn’t age well.
We’re full blown challenging again so I’m not a play the kids person if you don’t have to.
I agree, I don't think Markov deserves to get dropped, hasn't done anything wrong and has done what was asked of him.
Hopefully he doesn't but I don't know who else would get dropped in this situation

This game is not going to be easy. Our midfield would need to kick 5-6 goalsbetween them. I think 12-13 goals will win it.
Does anyone know when Checkers, Eillot and Howe are due back from injury?

This game is not going to be easy. Our midfield would need to kick 5-6 goalsbetween them. I think 12-13 goals will win it.
Checkers is likely to play this weekend. Elliott & Howe between rds 13-16, I believe.

I think you will find that I am not alone in wondering how he so quickly got a game. I was hoping someone who had watched him play might be able to provide some evidence of the type of skills and play that earned him his promotion, but that person is obviously not you.
IIRC he was considered a likely first round draft pick until he chose cricket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We usually have between 10-12 players kicking goals each week. Just need 1 or 2 others to kick multiple goals.

Easy peasy 🙏

Exactly what I said. They'll change their tune if we lose which lets be honest is likely. We have a bunch of guys with little to no experience. It will be tough.
It’ll be six under 20 games of experience, (unless a Sullivan or Macrae also goes out) Shoota still finding his way, Cox in scratchy form and Markov if he survives another really struggling to find his mojo.
Depends what Freo shows up. The one against WCE and we still win. The semi-decent, slightly-better-than-Adelaide one, on their home deck, it could be a bridge too far.
Fremantle have shown up every week bar that one they’re a different beast in 2024 and will be bolstered by the return of Darcy. The best chance we have is to get on top in the middle because despite player unavailability our midfield is looking the best it has all year.

Now look at what BF has gone and done after losing the first three rounds the meltdown to give our young players a chance was loud. Pendles Howe Sidebottom Mitchell Cox Elliot all gone. Give the kids a chance.

Well well well. Y’all have your wish. Now the talk is where did Will Parker come from. Lmao. You want young. You got it.

If we can split 50/50 the next few games wins losses with this team. We will really be set up for a strong finish.

Excitement for me is when all our injuries are back and we are close to full strength, will any of the newbies force there way into the team. Interesting times.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Two debutants, together with other recent debutants, coupled with an extraordinary outbreak of injuries, added to a six day turnaround and playing in front of a hostile Perth crowd.

This game will test our much vaunted 'system' under Fly. Seriously, if we win this, we must be bullet proof.

Two debutants, together with other recent debutants, coupled with an extraordinary outbreak of injuries, added to a six day turnaround and playing in front of a hostile Perth crowd.

This game will test our much vaunted 'system' under Fly. Seriously, if we win this, we must be bullet proof.
This is the first game in 7 weeks that I had a few doubts but seeing the two young kids in has rekindled my confidence. Fly is a genius and most times youth are bought in and the chips are down, they lift the spirit with enthusiasm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back