Game Day Round 11 vs. Fremantle, OS, 8:10pm Friday 24/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats something to ponder I think.. His partner is also from GC and Markov mentioned about wanting to move back there after footy is finished.
With the baby on the way, does she want to be near her family?
Shades of Treloar (minus Salary cap issues)

Lots of players have children and continue to play footy.
Really Grundy?

I only mentioned after the baby, because his partner doesn't hide how much she pines for the warmer weather in Qld, calls it home & it's where a lot of their family & friends live. In that context it makes a little more sense as to why they'd want to move back with their little family.

And he did only sign on for a 1 year extension. Perhaps he'd be more than happy with what he's achieved at the Pies. He's a kooky guy, anything is possible with Leggy.

Thats something to ponder I think.. His partner is also from GC and Markov mentioned about wanting to move back there after footy is finished.
With the baby on the way, does she want to be near her family?
Yep, that's why I mentioned it. Becky is always going up to visit and talks about how much she's misses Qld.

Yep, that's why I mentioned it. Becky is always going up to visit and talks about how much she's misses Qld.
Yeah, she does seem to be up there a fair bit. And especially with a new baby on top on that, perspectives could change especially if he is happy with what he has achieved. Family support would be big.

We just don't know what they want to do next year. They probably wouldn't have envisoned this move was gonna be a long term thing. Just when that finishes up.

Not sure what to expect his week. Keen to see how the debutants go.

We plucked John Noble out of nowhere and pretty much plonked him straight into the team. That worked out OK. Hopefully Parker will too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

True. But JFN (before the ‘F’ was added) had played for several seasons in the SANFL, before we drafted and then played him.

Wil has played a few short weeks in the VFL. Before that - nix, nothing, zip - no footy since 2019.

Kinda why it’s gobsmacking

We'll win. Too much pace for Freo. They don't like pressure and we will bring a shitload

The pressure you refer to, will be applied by these?

🫣

raising arizona babies GIF

True. But JFN (before the ‘F’ was added) had played for several seasons in the SANFL, before we drafted and then played him.

Wil has played a few short weeks in the VFL. Before that - nix, nothing, zip - no footy since 2019.

Similar situation to James O'Donnell from the dogs isn't it?

Played less vfl games and debuted in shorter time than Wil.

Just 35 days after signing as a Category B Rookie at the Western Bulldogs, ex-cricketer James O’Donnell will live out a boyhood dream on Saturday night, making his debut against Carlton in the red, white and blue.

The 20-year-old will become a third generation VFL/AFL debutant, following in the footsteps of Grandfather (Kevin) and Dad (Simon), both playing for St Kilda during the 1940’s and 1980’s.

It’s been a stunning rise for the former fast bowler, playing three games of VFL football before receiving the call-up from Luke Beveridge to make his way into the senior side.

So, ins would be Allan, Parker, McReery and Mihocek

Outs would be McInnes, WHE, DeGoey and ???

Could be Sidebottom? Pendles?

Hope it's not Quaynor, thought he was running into better form last week, apart from the out on the fulls. I'd support dropping Markov. He doesn't have the spark this year, the dare to run with the ball is really down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want to know why Will Parker is debuting.
Who is being omitted (I am guessing Leggy)?
Seems bizarre, given that Ed is also making a debut (for reasons i fully understand, given the absence of WHE ). Two debutants at once, in a team with two other players who have 2 games under their belt??
Not sure who is making way for Parker, but hopefully not Sidey because this would just be too much loss of experience to the team.
But one would be extraodinarily brave to question the decisions of our selectors given their record in guiding us through this injury crisis over the last two or three weeks.
I will just wait and watch what miracles they weave on Friday night.

I think it was originally meant to be TJ debuting, but then got injured, so they chose Parker instead.
If so, don't think you'd just randomly debut him as a sub if a defender wasn't being ommitted. Given they could just go in with the side from last week minus the injured + ed, beau and checkers -- And Markov probably the most likely in this situation.

I think it was originally meant to be TJ debuting, but then got injured, so they chose Parker instead.
If so, don't think you'd just randomly debut him as a sub if a defender wasn't being ommitted. Given they could just go in with the side from last week minus the injured + ed, beau and checkers -- And Markov probably the most likely in this situation.
Is TJ injured too? Jesus wept!

Is TJ injured too? Jesus wept!
There was a mention in a couple articles and during the presser that he limped off. I didn't see it. And he was originally was in black along with Ed so that's what gave me a clue.

Johnson was also in black, so who knows?

Exactly! Now just dare to imagine for a moment that young Parker comes in and looks like he belongs. The improbability of it all just adds to the greatness of the story, doesn't it, VP?

Our coaches and selectors have been around a hell of a lot of teams and players over many years. They obviously see something special in him to believe that he's up to it. Otherwise they could have picked any of Dean, Kreuger or AJ and done a bit of a positional shuffle. They consciously chose not to.

Last edited:
There was a mention in a couple articles and during the presser that he limped off. I didn't see it. And he was originally was in black along with Ed so that's what gave me a clue.

Johnson was also in black, so who knows?
They were all training in mixed up colours. Jiath is still very raw, no way he was going to debut. The colours were mixed up because of the numbers. We had naff all.

They were all training in mixed up colours. Jiath is still very raw, no way he was going to debut. The colours were mixed up because of the numbers. We had naff all.
Thats true, there was only a limit numbers
And I did try not to take much out of the colours today because a few of them seemed odd.

Since JDG is not playing and Ed will likely line up on a wing, this might be the game Fin plays a full time mid role.

I’d love him to follow Serong around the whole night.

Geez, surely we don’t want that? It won’t end well. I’d rather see Allan in the centre square than Fin, especially if Fly is to be believed about Allan’s running power.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back