Game Day Round 11 vs. Fremantle, OS, 8:10pm Friday 24/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be more Ready then at Start of the Season
Also we were playing like basket cases all around him, still working out our system. All the fumbling etc. Despite that, didn’t think he was bad those first two games.

Now we’re running like a well oiled machine. I bet Dean looks better from that alone.

Add to that he now has more games under his belt from the VFL after a massive absence.

Would assume Parker too. Narrower options with Bruz & Cox there
The PA Richards brings, feel it won’t be him either.
Sullivan and Parker are the only two. Parker seems the obvious choice to me. See how he goes in whatever game time he gets.

We're missing a bit of run with WHE and also Markov out so Allan makes a lot of sense.

Thought Macrae had been underwhelming the last two weeks and I guess McCreery replaces him.

Think Parker will be sub, just to reduce the play time of debutants - Allan maybe. But named in the 22.

Charlie Dean selected. Huh, I was sure I was told last week the selectors didn’t rate him and he wasn’t overlooked because of Adelaide’s shortish forward line 🤔

Also we were playing like basket cases all around him, still working out our system. All the fumbling etc. Despite that, didn’t think he was bad those first two games.

Now we’re running like a well oiled machine. I bet Dean looks better from that alone.

Add to that he now has more games under his belt from the VFL after a massive absence.
He knows what to expect now & he'll have a confident Big Bill & an in form Darcy around him this time. Big difference to the first 2 rounds, when as you say, the whole team was playing ordinary.

We're missing a bit of run with WHE and also Markov out so Allan makes a lot of sense.

Thought Macrae had been underwhelming the last two weeks and I guess McCreery replaces him.

Think Parker will be sub, just to reduce the play time of debutants - Allan maybe. But named in the 22.
Fin wasn't underwhelming in the Eagles game. Kicked 3 goals..played his best ever game, imo.

despite not having all the information at hand, they think they have better judgment than a footy department that just delivered a flag. People lack self awareness at times.
I'm personally confused about the notion that he had somehow locked himself into the 23 with how he was playing. He did well against WC, but was pretty quiet against Adelaide.

I think having him in the same tier as Allan, Parker, Sullivan & Richards (latter two might have jumped up a tier!) makes sense - rotating those depending on match-ups, form and availability of others as the result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's just listing that Harrison was sub last week. No idea why they list it like that confuses me every time.

I'm not much of a Finn fan, but I'm not a fan of Allan over Finn this week.
You refused to believe me he would be picked. Edward Is better than Finn.
Faster, fiitter, taller, stronger.
Timmy as well lmao 🤣 bro.

In terms of pure selection integrity, agree, Finn is stiff.

In terms of the expanse of the Perth stadium, Allan's 'expected' GPS stats, the opportunity to introduce him to potential future WA suitors (H.Reid swap deal) and allow him to debut in front of family/friends ...
I'm thinking more simply. I just think Finn is a better player and more likely to do a couple of things to help is win.

Fin wasn't underwhelming in the Eagles game. Kicked 3 goals..played his best ever game, imo.
Wasn't overly impressed with that performance. He kicked 3 but they came quite easily with little defence on handball receives. Didn't see the type of ball winning, ball use or running (this was closest) you'd want from a mid/forward. Felt his next week was similar but without the simple goal opportunities due to better opponent.

For me both Sullivan, Richards and HH have shown more AFL traits than Macrae.

Wasn't overly impressed with that performance. He kicked 3 but they came quite easily with little defence on handball receives. Didn't see the type of ball winning, ball use or running (this was closest) you'd want from a mid/forward. Felt his next week was similar but without the simple goal opportunities due to better opponent.

For me both Sullivan, Richards and HH have shown more AFL traits than Macrae.
Probably why they're in & he's first one out ..

Doesn't help Fin with both Beau & Shoota back. I think he likely would have stayed in if only one of those returned this week.

I wonder whether anything in that Maynard has been selected on the bench. Just seems odd. Hope he is not a late out.

I thought we may add 2 talls, but was leaning towards Krueger. The reason positional wise 2 forward talls out from last week, even though one is a back. Wonder who will play the second forward tall role.

That is a very inexperienced line up. About 10 games in total among the new 6. The thing is they are mainly not first years, or, if first years they are a bit older. So we are still in with a chance in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back