Game Day Round 11 vs. Fremantle, OS, 8:10pm Friday 24/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting a bit spooked by the media circus backing the Dockers. My belief leans towards the young blokes who have gotten the job done in the last couple of weeks, but it would be nice to win tomorrow night, have a wicked weekend, then belt the Dogs going into the big freeze...
Will be a tough night off successive six day breaks, the dockers are elite on ball. Would just like to get through without injury.

3 of the 4 changes were pretty predicable, Macrae coming out was the only one I didn’t think would happen this week with our current injuries.

But looks like Freo have the 3 talls up forward so assuming we opted with Dean to free up Maynard…

Either way, very glad to see Mihocek and McCreery back. Happy to see Allan and Parker debut.

You would assume the sub comes from one of Allan or Parker, I’m going with Parker.

Can’t wait to see how they go tonight.

I can't remember the last time we played with 3 key defenders
Dean is just coming in to play the Howe role. Should have played last week instead of Markov but this week against a taller Freo forwards it’s even more logical. Maynard can be a more damaging player if he doesn’t have to take the third tall defender role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dean is just coming in to play the Howe role. Should have played last week instead of Markov but this week against a taller Freo forwards it’s even more logical. Maynard can be a more damaging player if he doesn’t have to take the third tall defender role.
Agree - Maynard was incredibly damaging in that more aggressive rebounder role

If we win tonight they should immediately build a statue of Craig McRae outside the AIA Vitality Centre. It will go down as one of the best wins ever.

Is this week the toughest H&A test we’ve faced under Fly?

• 5 changes
  • 2 debutants
  • Another 4 players who are very inexperienced (Sullivan, Dean, Richards Harrison)
  • Coming off a third successive six day break
  • Playing away
  • Travelling to Perth
  • An opponent that is up and about

Of course we can win it, but if we do it’ll be a H&A win for the ages.

Last edited:
I can't remember the last time we played with 3 key defenders
We generally play with 3 talls, Howe as the 3rd. Dean is slightly taller but his intercept game allows him to play that same role.

Unfortunate for Fin to be omitted again, but with McCreery back, he was going to be vulnerable. Considering against Adelaide, he spent more time forward of the ball, and may have only started in the midfield for a couple of centre bounces, it was going to be hard for him to retain his spot....

Cox is one player tonight that needs to pull the finger out. Really struggling at the moment to have any real impact, but we need him to be competitive against Darcy and Jackson, and help to not allow them to dominate in the ruck and around the ground. I want to see Cox marking the ball. One mark in a game isn't going to cut it tonight. ON WATCH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back