Preview Round 12 2020, North Melbourne vs Brisbane Lions, Metricon Stadium, Saturday August 15 2:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's always a tendency to highlight one piece of play to bring up a particular point about a player. The TV scribes do it all the time. A small forward by their nature has to be a bit greedy to get noticed but overall I'd say Charlie is a really good team player . Who can forget his chase down on the wing against Essendon as one example. Coming back on in that final with his arm smashed up. Seen him give it off many times.

There's always a tendency to highlight one piece of play to bring up a particular point about a player. The TV scribes do it all the time. A small forward by their nature has to be a bit greedy to get noticed but overall I'd say Charlie is a really good team player . Who can forget his chase down on the wing against Essendon as one example. Coming back on in that final with his arm smashed up. Seen him give it off many times.

Charlie to me is a player with selfish tendencies (as every good small forward has), but has put a lot of time developing the selfless aspect of his game, especially as a Lion. I think he's had a really good balance of the two in the past 5 weeks.

Yes, definitely more team oriented. That handball he gave off to Hipwood for a goal is something you wouldn't have seen even last season. Having said that, he is our main forward so you would hope he can get his goal average up to 2 to 2.5 a game - it's at 1.8 at the moment.

Charlie went from being 5-6th in line at Adelaide, to being top dog within a year of being at the Lions and become a star small forward of the comp as a result.
He just wants to remain top dog. And is a bit selfish at times because of this.
He just needs to get the balance right of when to give it off and when to go himself.
We as a club were far to reliant on Charlie at the end of last year and all clubs knew this. This year even Fages himself has mentioned that we do not want to be too reliant on any 1 player and we have become a more dangerous team as a result.

Charlie went from being 5-6th in line at Adelaide, to being top dog within a year of being at the Lions and become a star small forward of the comp as a result.
He just wants to remain top dog. And is a bit selfish at times because of this.
He just needs to get the balance right of when to give it off and when to go himself.
We as a club were far to reliant on Charlie at the end of last year and all clubs knew this. This year even Fages himself has mentioned that we do not want to be too reliant on any 1 player and we have become a more dangerous team as a result.

Or to paraphrase the great snake baker Charlie has a raging boner for the Coleman

Apparently The BIG O performed one of the most egregious flops in the history of sport in a game against North in the ancient past leading to one of the GOAT melts and the proliferation of conspiracy theories involving match fixing, umpire corruption, AFL complicity and rampant player cheating.

#snake

I remember that.

Yet there was complete silence about an incident earlier (not much earlier if I remember correctly) where Sideshow Bob got a gift goal for the softest ruck free since Governor Phillip set ashore.

Although I think (also if I remember correctly) that a meedja personality did point out the hypocrisy of it all a day or two later. Maybe Roos or Gerard Healy?

Even though it's a full 6 day break this time I'd still be tempted to rest a couple of players, otherwise the fear is they will at some point drop a game we shouldn't, anyway the club know how they players are going better than I.

I'd rotate McCarthy and give Coleman a go, maybe Mathieson for Robinson as well.

Even though it's a full 6 day break this time I'd still be tempted to rest a couple of players, otherwise the fear is they will at some point drop a game we shouldn't, anyway the club know how they players are going better than I.

I'd rotate McCarthy and give Coleman a go, maybe Mathieson for Robinson as well.

It's a fairly substantial break though, and players were given Sunday and Monday off (from memory) for a mental refresher, which at this stage of the season was just as important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a fairly substantial break though, and players were given Sunday and Monday off (from memory) for a mental refresher, which at this stage of the season was just as important.
Hopefully they train with some intensity today, with the break they have had after a series of games so close together. The fear is, they may have relaxed a bit after the tight schedule.
Fages will be all over it though.

Was thinking this might have been a good round to give Charlie a rest given the fixture congestion, the quality of the opponent and his knee. Too risky?

I hope they don't play Charlie too early. Rayner ditto but I have confidence in our club injury staff.

It's bloody annoying we do not have any sort of stream of the seconds matches. Need things to do down here in Dan the Bans state and having arguments about who to bring could get me through to lunch time. I would ignore our opponent for this week and experiment.

If Charlie misses and we have another vacancy I would like to see what Coleman has to offer and I would favour giving one of the other uncapped players a game. Or possibly Robertson.

Was thinking this might have been a good round to give Charlie a rest given the fixture congestion, the quality of the opponent and his knee. Too risky?

I'd consider it. We kicked a decent score without him kicking a goal last week. Would probably prefer someone other than TBerry

I'd consider it. We kicked a decent score without him kicking a goal last week. Would probably prefer someone other than TBerry
Not really a like for like replacement but is Wooller any chance. I think contracted only for this year. No idea how he is going in the ressies.

Yeah, it's still 6:20pm the day before.
Mighty Lions might give us an early heads up if we ask nicely.
tenor.gif

Mighty Lions might give us an early heads up if we ask nicely.
tenor.gif
I wonder if we will bring in another defender for Rich? Hinge maybe?
Or do we just rotate AhChee back and bring in Coleman.
Or bring in Coleman to replace Rich in the back half?
Or if Charlie is out we leave AhChee up front and bring Coleman in to replace Charlie and Prior to replace Rich?
Aaahhh! I don’t know Jas, your guess is as good as mine.

Finally back in Aus after 4 years abroad.

Can’t wait to watch a game ‘live’ at a reasonable hour. Loving this footy feast while being incarcerated in hotel quarantine.
Whatever happened to another favourite; Haso

You still around these parts mate?

@mickeyblueeyes36 - you out of the joint yet? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back