AFL Toast Round 12: 70 Point Win Against Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Does the VFL play this week?

Parish comes in for Howlett.

Langford is the hard one. Have no idea who to drop for him after that game. Myers maybe, Langford though wont block like Myers does.
No

Pushed Hartlett's face into the ground after the Fantasia-Hooker sandwich. That act alone keeps him in for the next month.
thank god we didn't end up with hartlett, can't believe he didn't stop Daniher's goal and how easily tippa beat him in the last.

thank god we didn't end up with hartlett, can't believe he didn't stop Daniher's goal and how easily tippa beat him in the last.
I reckon maybe there was something going on in the heads of the Port players. So many piss poor efforts. Polec is a pretty fast runner when he wants to be but that 'chase' on Zaharakis where Zaka looked around, almost shrugged and kept running was the chase by a player who was either physically or mentally off. Hartlett looked like he was running through water when Walla ran around him in the pocket

Hartlett wanted to play for us so he decided to help us out. Just wanted to show how much of a contributor he can be at Essendon :)

I reckon maybe there was something going on in the heads of the Port players. So many piss poor efforts. Polec is a pretty fast runner when he wants to be but that 'chase' on Zaharakis where Zaka looked around, almost shrugged and kept running was the chase by a player who was either physically or mentally off. Hartlett looked like he was running through water when Walla ran around him in the pocket
They were quite physical at the start of the game, I think they intended to slow it right down and muscle it through, but we ran rings around them and they ended up looking more like witches hats. Once the scoreboard pressure was on, they were demoralised. Voila

Hartlett wanted to play for us so he decided to help us out. Just wanted to show how much of a contributor he can be at Essendon :)
So glad we dodged that bullet. He is putrid

I like how we absolutely killed them on the goals from turn-overs. I think its been a hallmark of what good teams, such as Hawthorn of a couple years ago, would always do each week. It might just be a one-off against a piss poor effort from Port but at least we have shown that we can do it and do it big.

The other thing was that I would be interested to see what our scoring efficiency was gor our f50 entries. We certainly had more i50s this week but it seemed to me we had some very poor entries as well.

I like how we absolutely killed them on the goals from turn-overs. I think its been a hallmark of what good teams, such as Hawthorn of a couple years ago, would always do each week. It might just be a one-off against a piss poor effort from Port but at least we have shown that we can do it and do it big.

The other thing was that I would be interested to see what our scoring efficiency was gor our f50 entries. We certainly had more i50s this week but it seemed to me we had some very poor entries as well.
28.4%

It appeared to me that their were a lot more kicks to the hotspot about 20-30 mtrs out directly in front than we have seen this year. I commented during the game that I felt Joe was used more as a decoy in that first half and we went through Hooker and Stewart more.

It's possible that they utilised that strategy to take their half backs deep and minimise their run. I often saw both Pittard and Hartlett deep and neither had an influence on the game I thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you allowed to nominate another player for a ruck contest?
i'd imagine so- as long as the umpire is 100% that they and the opposing ruck is aware- which might be the difficult thing

that was the problem with Ollie Wines, for all his posturing - the umpire clearly acknowledged three times that he thought he was the designated ruck

Man the port autopsy thread is brutal and twice as long as our toast.
Also never realised they hated us so much.

Parish is a straight swap for Howlett. Langford could replace Colyer. Ambrose? We'll build that bridge when we come to it. He won't be fit until round 17 and when that comes around I expect he'll play 3 weeks, possibly 4, in the VFL as I don't think we'll need him desperately for the Bulldogs or Blues.
Will we cross that bridge after we build it?

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

After reading their thread I have decided that playing 'never tear us apart' must be attempt at ironic comedy.

I would suggest that Hinkley and the boys stay in Melbourne for a few days till things blow over.

Hinkley needs a shrink.

His presser after the game on saturday was pretty baffling, getting softball questions from RoCo and Cherny and giving these bullshit passive aggressive responses for no apparent reason.

At one stage I thought he was just going to snap, call everyone 'fake news' and leave the room.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back