Autopsy Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I am disgusted that Ross had to even respond to that PoS Wilson and her stupid backward boomer views.

He and his wife are dealing with three young children, two who are 5 week old twins.

Wilson has victimised Ross and his family with no regards to their health or stress levels.
She should immediately apologised or * off with other dinosaurs like Newman.

I am disgusted that Ross had to even respond to that PoS Wilson and her stupid backward boomer views.

He and his wife are dealing with three young children, two who are 5 week old twins.

Wilson has victimised Ross and his family with no regards to their health or stress levels.
She should immediately apologised or fu** off with other dinosaurs like Newman.

wilson and her opinion doesn't concern me

the problem is someone at the club also had this view according to caro and decided to tell her. that's a bigger concern than someone like caros backwards views

Firstly the bolded is not irrelevant at all. Unless you were 100% sure there was no issue at home would you not err on the side of caution. She has no idea why theyve gone and that is pretty important.

Secondly, thats fine, im not saying that no one spoke to her, im saying unless we know who that person is then we absolutely cannot be certain that she was spoken to or more importantly that shes relaying what was said to her accurately.

Thirdly some of these quotes

- "if thats about checking in" Finnis; pretty important lead off. This isnt about saying no, its about ensuring we check in with Seb and ensure hes okay and if there is anything we can do
- "The saints had misgivings" You; he actually very specifically said there were no misgivings.
- "we’ve got a pretty consistent record of this as a footy club – is that we’ll always put family first and they’ll be supported with those decisions.” Finnis; So we discussed it and agreed he needed to go.

If there was a discussion about if there was anything more we could do to help Seb and his partner/family then so be it. If there was a lone dissenting voice in the room that got told to pull their head in so be it.

I dont disagree there are issues if this stuff is being leaked in the manner that you think it did. I think the issue would be that we have anyone who thinks not letting Seb go is okay not so much that Caro got a hold of it.

I still strongly think she got told something akin to "We had an internal discussion and agreed to let him go, were disappointed in that and disappointed we lost" and shes turned it into what it now is BECAUSE it supports her views that footballers shouldnt look after their families but importantly none of this proves that Caro got told anything (even though i suspect she did) or that it was by someone senior (if it was id suggest its because they were on the wrong side of the ledger by a massive margin) or that it in any way shape or form resembles what shes claiming.

More importantly than all of that is that she is getting smashed now because of her views not because of this story.
Exactly.

the penny is dropping

This is the point I’ve been making and everyone wants to argue that it could have been anyone that told her - which is impossible.

it had to come from someone senior enough to be part of the “debate” as finnis called it.

This is the point I’ve been making and everyone wants to argue that it could have been anyone that told her - which is impossible.

it had to come from someone senior enough to be part of the “debate” as finnis called it.
No a few of you aren’t making sense. Firstly anyone could have told her. And as I keep saying but the end of the world people refuse to listen it’s not a big deal at all if the whole story is told. It’s not even a story so who cares if a saints person told her or told someone else who passed it on to her which could have happened even though you say it’s impossible. It’s only a story because the full story wasn’t told by Caro. Seriously tell me how it’s a story if it starts with people are disappointed he is leaving but we totally support his decision What’s the big deal if someone from Stkilda said that to someone else. It’s nothing. The story starts because we totally support his decision is left off Caros story thus making it into a story. And as I keep on saying if the story concluded with what she actually said why isnt Stkilda the big story by her. No she makes Seb out to be the big story and imo that’s because she either knew there was more to other part or wasn’t 100% sure of the other part so she takes the weak option of Seb. Usual end of the word suspects looking at the worst instead of the logical.

So who would be in that senior group and debate ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who would be in that senior group and debate ?
Finnis Ratten Lethlean Rath and whether or not you include assistants as senior leaders of the St Kilda FC.

that’s about it. It’s not a “debate” that players would be involved in.

Finnis Ratten Lethlean Rath and whether or not you include assistants as senior leaders of the St Kilda FC.

that’s about it. It’s not a “debate” that players would be involved in.
You know that debate you keep wielding like a smoking gun could mean literally anything right.
You also realize anyone could have seen this meeting and spoken to Caro, you also realize Caro has almost certainly filled in a shitload of gaps in this story herself and ultimately her story has rightly turned into her being the story.

I think everyone agrees with him. But someone at stkilda saw fit to talk to her and share what took place.

her report when measured against finnis responses imply she was pretty accurate
Clubs talk to media all the time. Why is the situation surrounding Seb Ross & Tim Membrey specifically an issue?

You know that debate you keep wielding like a smoking gun could mean literally anything right.
You also realize anyone could have seen this meeting and spoken to Caro, you also realize Caro has almost certainly filled in a shitload of gaps in this story herself and ultimately her story has rightly turned into her being the story.
Clubs talk to media all the time. Why is the situation surrounding Seb Ross & Tim Membrey specifically an issue?
Because as per her report there were people senior enough at stkilda who weren’t happy.

phantom13 you can label it whatever you want. But we had people discussing whether it was the right thing to do and ultimately decided that the right thing was to let them go. Secondly I highly doubt we sat in an open area debating something like this. Just like they don’t debate selection in the lunch room in earshot of the playing group.

that entire discussion. Shouldn’t be leaked. It shouldn’t have a senior official talking to a journo about what our thought process was.

the club to the public and it’s fans should have been towing it’s pure support. Regardless of the behind close doors discussion.

that’s the issue. It should never have come out.

anyone can say she got it from anyone in the football world. But when there are 2 additional journalists that back up Wilson’s claims in Daniel Cherny and Tom Morris - both of whom have links to the club and could shut it down if it was wrong that the dissatisfaction was voiced to her by a senior official. Yet both supporter her claims.

The problem is that you can't trust what someone has said to many journalists is repeated accurately in a report these days. They could of been saying anything from actually badmouthing him to saying they were frustrated but understand his point of view, and it would be reported in whatever way is expected to get the most attention.

The problem is that you can't trust what someone has said to many journalists is repeated accurately in a report these days. They could of been saying anything from actually badmouthing him to saying they were frustrated but understand his point of view, and it would be reported in whatever way is expected to get the most attention.
That’s naive isnt it?

3 people all agreeing where the information came from and with no proof we say but they could have said anything.

3 people all saying that there was dissatisfaction from our senior leader/s. When it was just Wilson reporting it was a nothing story.

cherny then got involved.
Morris roughly an hour later corroborated the same story.

at what point do you think - hold on, thats a lot of journalists reporting the same news.

That’s what they don’t get. You need the media as they need you. It happens all the time. The difference is most media give the full story. She have 50% of it which made it a story.

Because as per her report there were people senior enough at stkilda who weren’t happy.

phantom13 you can label it whatever you want. But we had people discussing whether it was the right thing to do and ultimately decided that the right thing was to let them go. Secondly I highly doubt we sat in an open area debating something like this. Just like they don’t debate selection in the lunch room in earshot of the playing group.

that entire discussion. Shouldn’t be leaked. It shouldn’t have a senior official talking to a journo about what our thought process was.

the club to the public and it’s fans should have been towing it’s pure support. Regardless of the behind close doors discussion.

that’s the issue. It should never have come out.

anyone can say she got it from anyone in the football world. But when there are 2 additional journalists that back up Wilson’s claims in Daniel Cherny and Tom Morris - both of whom have links to the club and could shut it down if it was wrong that the dissatisfaction was voiced to her by a senior official. Yet both supporter her claims.
So now it’s people is it? Who are they? Oh that’s right we have no idea... could be one, could be ten, could be none.

you reckon EAs don’t know what senior meetings are about...

Finally the entire convo/debate wasn’t leaked a carefully curated section that supports Caros position has been posited as fact by Caroline Wilson.

my major issue with what you are saying is that you are filling in so many gaps to support your belief that senior officials are going all deep throat on the club there is absolutely no evidence that anyone spoke to Caro, I suspect someone did but there’s no fact there. There is absolutely no evidence that person is a senior official and finally there is absolutely no evidence that if someone did speak to her they said anything even remotely like what she is reporting. She is however saying that many senior officials agree with her but they can’t possibly publically support her.

That’s what they don’t get. You need the media as they need you. It happens all the time. The difference is most media give the full story. She have 50% of it which made it a story.
So we went to Caroline Wilson and told her boys are going home and she made up the dissatisfaction?

yet Finnis today couldn’t shut that down. He used a nice professional term - debate.

She should immediately apologised or fu** off with other dinosaurs like Newman.

I really read his response as "Dear Caro ... F**k you ... Luv Seb"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back