B: Wirrpunda, Carroll, Hunter
HB: Braun, Glass, Green
C: Embley, Cousins, Banfield
HF: Chick, Jakovich, Judd
F: Jones, Haynes, Sampi
FOLL: Gardiner, Fletcher, Kerr
I/C (from): Humm, Staker, McDougall, COLLICA, Adkins, Wilson, Wooden
IN: Hunter, Carroll, Collica, Humm, Staker
OUT: Morrison (knee), McIntosh (hamstring)
NEW: Staker (NSW/ACT Rams)

At long last...presuming he survives the cut.

Haynes hasn't trained all week so I would be surprised if he actually lined up. Carroll hasn't done much either but I think he will play. Interesting to see Hunter named on the field. Still no Cox.

ii think that anybody from the interchange bench could get the chop. McDougall may be the only one that's safe.

I/C (from): Humm, Staker, McDougall, COLLICA, Adkins, Wilson, Wooden

interesting to see that neither read nor cox got named.

Good to see Staker possibly get a go.

I reckon they'll pick one fron Adkins/Wooden and one from Collica/Humm/Staker. Depends on if they want to play in a shoot out (Adkins and Staker) or be defensive (Wooden and Collica/Humm). Staker could offer a bit of height down back with Millie out.

I think McDougall will be OK along with Wilson.

I still wouldn't be surprised if Carroll or Hunter came down with some sort of mystery "injury" and missed out despite being named on the field.

I suspect that the weather conditions could determine which bench players make it. If its wet, I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilson miss for Collica.

Be intresting to see who lines up on Sav Rocca - without Milli we have no one who can take him for size.

I like the idea of rotating McDougall/Jakovich/Gardiner through CHF, ruck and down back on Rocca, although Gardiner wouldn't go down back and Jakovich wouldn't go into the ruck. It would give McDougall a good chance to show us his worth in 3 positions.

Chick will probably get a tagging role on Archer and Jones or WOoden (if he plays) will probably get Brent Harvey i feel.

If it's belting down with rain (as it was when I was driving home today - couldn't see anything 3-5m in front of me) I wouldnt be suprised if Wilson/Haynes/McDougall miss out and some smaller gritty players like Humm, Adkins, Staker get a call up.

Originally posted by GoEagles
If it's belting down with rain (as it was when I was driving home today - couldn't see anything 3-5m in front of me) I wouldnt be suprised if Wilson/Haynes/McDougall miss out and some smaller gritty players like Humm, Adkins, Staker get a call up.

Insofar as much as the 194cm Staker can be called small and gritty, :) you might be right if the weather stays wet- but from what i've heard there's a fair chance of it fining up by sunday.

Assuming Haynes and Chick are both fit and the weather is fine, I think you'll see a Wilson/McDougall/Adkins/Collica interchange. Staker is also a decent chance, because we might want a plan B tall defender if Carroll or Glass get themselves into trouble.

If it is wet, the interchange will most likely be Wooden/Adkins/Collica/McDougall, with only doogs being a certainty because we'll need some backup ruck talent.

Great to see Collica actually named in the side. Nervous wait for him now to see if he makes the final cut. With Cox not being named, it is almost certain that Doogs will get his second game in a row which Im deliriously happy about! :D

Other than that, as you all have said, it will all depend on the weather as to who comes in off that extended bench. Also with Haynes under an injury cloud, their could be a late change their too. If so, Wilson could be assured to line up at FF?

Also Hunter? What's that about. Has been ordinary of late and didnt play last week and then he is named in the 18? Cloak and daggers by Whoosh or has Hunter done something right during the week?

Originally posted by Mead
Insofar as much as the 194cm Staker can be called small and gritty, :) you might be right if the weather stays wet- but from what i've heard there's a fair chance of it fining up by sunday.

If it is wet, the interchange will most likely be Wooden/Adkins/Collica/McDougall, with only doogs being a certainty because we'll need some backup ruck talent.

Damn, I have to stop mixing up the S's - Staker and Selwood. At least I was able to predict the weather (for once!!)

I was amazed that Wooden was on the bench for the entire first half - it was the case of 'spot the player who has the clean shorts'

Originally posted by GoEagles
I was amazed that Wooden was on the bench for the entire first half - it was the case of 'spot the player who has the clean shorts'

I think it was a wise decision by Woosha to keep some fresh running legs until the end, although he didn't have much of an impact, he still provided some good link play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back