Toast Round 14: Carlton 48-72 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Mmmmm
cripps carries the hope of a team, captain
happy with degoey but 2 different players, cripps is a gun

Not denying that.. but what you see is what you get..

De Goey with his balistic movement.. the ability to shut the gates when the time calls for it.. and his overall skills.. are a lot better.

Tight between him and Maynard I reckon.

There was a time I thought that C.Brown was clearly a better prospect than Daicos. Boy was that wrong. He has come on in leaps and bounds. Not just a bit player, but an important cog. Not overly prominent today, but I don't think he was beaten at all, which has been the case for a month or so now. Big improver J.Madgen.
Not overly prominent? He was our 3rd highest possession getter and kicked a goal? What does he have to do to be prominent in your books? 🤣

I dont think its any coincidence that we looked much better with Cox in the side. He might not get the ball but he brings it down to our smalls. We got a few goals because he did that today. I dont think we should have both Cameron and Cox in the side at the same time though, 1 too many players who cannot get the ball.
He only gets 1 in 5 frees too. Every time he was in a marking contest, Jones was hanging on to one arm. How they don't see it more often is bewildering

Who would langdon come in for? (Not that he’s coming in next week..) Noble, Maynard and Quaynor were solid as well as our tall backs. Mayne doesn’t play the same role either. Will one of the shorter backs move a bit further up the ground ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great win by the boys, even though we were down at half time i enjoyed the way we moved the ball and felt quietly confident we would break them eventually. Aside from some wayward kicking the second half was everything ive wanted to see from us. We got it in quickly and unpredictably and gave our forwards a chance.

Some highlights for me:
- Daicos. Again. Just so skillful and collected
- IQ. Great return game, his foot skills are such a weapon
- Elliot. Becoming a midfield beast
- Adams. Been my favourite player this year
- Moore and Maynard. Both should be seriously considered for AA. I think Moore showed today that he is a class and a half above Weitering.
- Stevo and JT. We need these two up and about. They were much better than they have been. Hopefully they can build a bit of form heading into finals.
- Tyler Brown. Showed some really good signs today. I think we should play him for the rest of the year.
- The toughness of Chris Mayne.
- Ending Carlton's finals hopes.

Last edited:
Not overly prominent? He was our 3rd highest possession getter and kicked a goal? What does he have to do to be prominent in your books? 🤣
I was referring to Madgen. Perhaps need to work on my grammar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That last quarter is what our template needs to be.

Dominated centre clearances but kicked the ball long out of them importantly
No unnecessary handballs.

kicking more than handball in the last was also great to watch. Used the corridor and went faster to attack when the game had to be won.

Jack Crisp is a fascinating player
First three quarters he couldnt mark, he couldn’t control a ground ball, couldn’t stick a tackle, couldn’t execute a bounce.
Last quarter he transformed into a beast.

IQ and Daicos both incredible games.
Tyler Brown good too.

If Nathan drops Stephenson again...I’m burning the joint down.

Really impressed with a number of the boys today, not the regular names but the up and comers I thought really shined bright today.

Madgen - Really starting to plat like a regular solid footballer, has some dash, beats his man and doesn't turn it over, what more could you ask for
Quaynor - Was beaten early but turned it around and was damaging off half back, is daring with the ball, love it
Noble - Building and building nicely, loved what he brought
Stephenson - Welcome back! Clearly our most lively forward, just love him
Tyler Brown - Was classy, clean in traffic and showed what he will be
Daicos - All class, what an improvement, very fast becoming one of my true favourites

That said, Pendles and Moore are just a class above all - could watch them all day

Really impressed with a number of the boys today, not the regular names but the up and comers I thought really shined bright today.

Madgen - Really starting to plat like a regular solid footballer, has some dash, beats his man and doesn't turn it over, what more could you ask for
Quaynor - Was beaten early but turned it around and was damaging off half back, is daring with the ball, love it
Noble - Building and building nicely, loved what he brought
Stephenson - Welcome back! Clearly our most lively forward, just love him
Tyler Brown - Was classy, clean in traffic and showed what he will be
Daicos - All class, what an improvement, very fast becoming one of my true favourites

That said, Pendles and Moore are just a class above all - could watch them all day
No mention of Thomas, bit of a dud post tbh.

Fantastic win,one of the more satisfying wins I can remember in recent years,And to think so many here wrote us off before the game,and said we’d be destroyed.Oh ye of little faith!I think in the end we were just too tough for them and they wilted under the pressure.Adams had an amazing game.Thomas back to his best from 2018.Stephenson looking dangerous,even though he could have kicked a couple more.Cox was a handful up forward and showed that he is a better forward than Cameron,

Some interesting facts about the head to head record:
  • Collingwood won the first seven clashes against Carlton.
  • Collingwood's largest h2h lead against Carlton was 15 games (19-4) in 1905.
  • Carlton overtook Collingwood in the h2h lead for the first time in 1943 when it was 51-2-50.
  • Collingwood regained the lead in 1953 when it was 61-2-60, and they had a 6 win lead in 1965.
  • Carlton took the lead again in 1976 when it was 82-4-81, before Collingwood regained it soon after in 1977.
  • Carlton took the lead again 1980, before Collingwood regained it again in 1981.
  • Carlton took the lead in 1982 which Collingwood has not been able to regain since then.
  • The biggest lead Carlton has had in the h2h lead is 14 wins (117-4-103) in 2002.
  • W-L record since 2000 is Collingwood 25-13 Carlton.

I first took notice of this when I was 8 years old in the early 1990s - we were only 6 wins behind at the time.

It's been a long time waiting.

Who would langdon come in for? (Not that he’s coming in next week..) Noble, Maynard and Quaynor were solid as well as our tall backs. Mayne doesn’t play the same role either. Will one of the shorter backs move a bit further up the ground ?
Langdon in, Quaynor/Noble to the wing, Phillips out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back