Trades Round 14 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Only got 18 this week before trades, had 0/0 after the WC v Ess game.

Was really thinking about getting Cameron from WC but was talked out of it after his poor JS.

Got $253k

1) Stack —> Daniel (this one I’m sure of)
2) Smith —> maybe Salem or Crisp (not many good backs left already got Lloyd, Sic, Laird, Stewart) but seems a bit sideways
3) Rozee —> fwd rookie as he will be on my bench just not sure now that Cameron has played.

Really wanting to get Macrae in this week with Libba out but can only cut Oskar Baker who isn’t ready to be culled.

Lots of decisions before lock out

Only got 18 this week before trades, had 0/0 after the WC v Ess game.

Was really thinking about getting Cameron from WC but was talked out of it after his poor JS.

Got $253k

1) Stack —> Daniel (this one I’m sure of)
2) Smith —> maybe Salem or Crisp (not many good backs left already got Lloyd, Sic, Laird, Stewart) but seems a bit sideways
3) Rozee —> fwd rookie as he will be on my bench just not sure now that Cameron has played.

Really wanting to get Macrae in this week with Libba out but can only cut Oskar Baker who isn’t ready to be culled.

Lots of decisions before lock out

Not sure of your DPP but does it work to get Daniel to the forward line, get a DEF rookie for Rozee (Logue? Garner?) and get Crisp (who is an upgrade on Smith).
Or if you can, I'd back in Macrae - he is about 50-100k underpriced (maybe more), and Baker has max 100k to make (probably less before you'd cull him?)

Not sure of your DPP but does it work to get Daniel to the forward line, get a DEF rookie for Rozee (Logue? Garner?) and get Crisp (who is an upgrade on Smith).
Or if you can, I'd back in Macrae - he is about 50-100k underpriced (maybe more), and Baker has max 100k to make (probably less before you'd cull him?)

Hey mate - thanks for response.

Rozee is kind of surplus in my fwd line, so not sure if I can DPP to anyone.

My team is:

Backs: Lloyd, Sicily, Laird, Smith, Stewart, Stack (Emerg: Logue & Naish)
Mids: Jelly, Cogs, Treloar, Cripps, Fyfe, Dunkley, Brouch, Baker (Emerg: Bewley & Hind)
Rucks: Gawn, Grundy (Emerg: Fort & Cameron)
Fwds: Dangerfield, Boak, Telly, Worpel, Martin, Ziebell (Emerg: Rozee & Parker)

I agree that Macrae is so underpriced he’s basically a must pick, and would absolutely trade him for Baker if I can work out who to trade Rozee to.

My team is:

Mids: Jelly, Cogs, Treloar, Cripps, Fyfe, Dunkley, Brouch, Baker (Emerg: Bewley & Hind)

I agree that Macrae is so underpriced he’s basically a must pick, and would absolutely trade him for Baker if I can work out who to trade Rozee to.

Not sure about rookies given you have missed Clarke and already have Bewley/Hind/Logue.

Stack, Smith, Rozee out
Dunkley to fwd line

Daniel (DEF), ?Garner (DEF), Macrae (MID)

Gives you 21 this week too, so you could even get a non-playing rookie instead of Smith (possibly Caleb Graham for his D/R swing?)

My team is:

Not sure about rookies given you have missed Clarke and already have Bewley/Hind/Logue.

Stack, Smith, Rozee out
Dunkley to fwd line

Daniel (DEF), ?Garner (DEF), Macrae (MID)

Gives you 21 this week too, so you could even get a non-playing rookie instead of Smith (possibly Caleb Graham for his D/R swing?)

Thanks mate! But wouldn’t that leave me with 7 premium forwards for next week?

Never heard of this Caleb Graham bloke :)

Wish there were some half decent forward rookies coming through

Hey guys, missed the partial lockout, not sure how I’m supposed to have my team looking any better right now, wanted Lloyd but not sure how

Attachments

• 2EBEDFFD-6FCF-4A37-AE09-F3BF9FDD3024.png
    2EBEDFFD-6FCF-4A37-AE09-F3BF9FDD3024.png
    667.5 KB · Views: 103
  • B5B0329B-5700-4975-AE90-00F326A8F89F.png
    B5B0329B-5700-4975-AE90-00F326A8F89F.png
    524.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 6CAD08FC-036D-4EB8-8275-B7908023FB1A.png
    6CAD08FC-036D-4EB8-8275-B7908023FB1A.png
    407.1 KB · Views: 93
Brodie Smith -> Jake Lloyd
Jack Newnes -> Angus Brayshaw
Sydney Stack -> Griffin Logue

Next week will be a combination of Rozee / Lockhart / Hore -> Cameron / Naish + Coniglio / Laird, leaving me with Walsh + one rookie onfield.

Switched my trade out from Walsh to Newnes (even though he's playing this week) since I had 22 + Fort EMG playing, so I get Walsh's score instead of a rookie next week and to emphasise to Newnes what a complete waste of space he is in my team.

Can we tick off Rockliff, Stack, Balta —> Danger, Logue, Sicily?

Leaves exactly $0k in the bank.

Finishes my DEF and FWD lines (B.Smith = D6 and Danger sitting in mids until I decide which of Ziebell/Dusty/Worpel won’t be a top 6 forward)

D.Clarke will be my only rookie on field next week at M8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My team is:

Could flip one of them back to mids next week!

Graham is a GC ruckman who has D/R DPP which proved very helpful to get ROB using the flexibility.

If you can’t get a playing ruck ruck then flexibility is key. You have Fort so gettig Graham in backline means when Fort is dropped again you can grab a ruck or defensive rookie and you have more flexibility.

My team is:

Cough cough..

2la5wyu.png

Setting up for next week. Stack out, Daniel to Def and upgrade Hore to a premo who will then goto Whitfield when he's back.

I've put myself in an awkward position by having 7 forwards at the moment. Picked up Ziebell prior to the Gold Coast game as I saw the value that was there and hes made 50k on his start price, Worpel is still going quite strongly, and I think he deserves to keep his spot in my side whilst I figure out the rest of my team and who I want at F6. It leaves me in a tricky spot though as I need to find a way to move one of my forwards into the middle.

My first trade this week was Sydney Stack to Jake Lloyd - pretty straight forward, and great improvement. My second will be ROB to Gawn, I just need to free up some cash - cheers ROB you absolute legend!

My third trade is the tricky part as I need to take into consideration getting Ziebell into the mids next week. After seeing the way Cameron played last night, I am really regretting not going Walsh to him. Initially without thinking too much about my situation the easy option is Walsh to Rhylee West - After doing that and the Gawn trade I am left with a cool 360k to work on upgrades next week. By doing that though I am faced with the issue of trading out Baker or Clarke on low BEs next week, something which I am not a fan of doing. After racking my brain, I noticed Joel Garner from Port has managed to push his way back into the side, which could be the answers to my problem - Walsh to Garner via Duursma. This would allow me to next week trade out Hore and swing Duursma back to defence and then bring Zieball into the midfield.

Trades:
Stack to Lloyd
Rob to Gawn
Walsh to Garner
+391k
19 on field this week

Next week:
Duursma to fwd rook via Ziebell
Hore to any premo defender

Will leave me with one rookie on field Baker/Clarke, and that shonky defence that needs fixing - plenty of cash all of the place so shouldn't have too much trouble.

pre round 14.jpg

So traded out Stack for Logue, and Cripps for Duncan. Who to do as my third trade? Thinking either Robbie Young, or Sam Walsh (although he's got a reasonable BE at 72 so happy to keep him for now). Currently have 18 on the field (+ Fort on the bench) for this round.

Backs: Lloyd, Sicily, Hore, Wilkie, Logue, Laird (Gardner, Naish)
Mids: Duncan, Yeo, Billings, D. Clarke, O. Baker, Answerth, Walsh, Brouch (J. Kelly, Taranto)
Ruck: Gawn, Grundy (Fort, Cameron)
Fwds: Boak, Danger, Dunks, Kelly, Worpel, Young (Ziebell, Ham)

$251k in the bank. I did have Brayshaw before but sick of his low scores so moved him out last week before his bye.

Also realised I can trade Hore or Wilkie for Daniel - Wilkie out leaves me with zero in the bank though. And still means I have only exactly 18 playing this round.

Current non playing this round - Brouch, Walsh, Laird and Robbie Young.

Glad I slapped the V on Yeo last night though.

ROB to Gawn was locked in ever since I got him, all going to plan. Trade done right after lockout...

Now with Fort named, I have some cover and providing ROB keeps up decent scoring, my team looks better using the cash elsewhere.

Basically letting a rookie ruck (Fort) screw my season long plan. :D
Fort is a Central Districts (S.A) boy so I'm expecting a decent score back at home. (84pts) ;)
Port have also come to the party by trusting Lycett to ruck solo after dumping Ryder & Westhoff.

I've gone back and forth on this many times already and may still go back to Gawn..
Actually, Forts name is in FORTh, so I may go forth with the trade plans. It's an omen. :D

Liking trades this week spending up

Rozee > Daniel
Walsh > Brayshaw
Gibbons > Dangerfield

Leaving me post byes

Lloyd, Laird, Daniel, Blakely, Witherdon, Perryman (Naish, Logue)
Gaff, Duncan, Macrae, Merrett, Cripps, Brouch, Coniglio, Brayshaw, (Hind, Baker)
Grundy, Gawn (Smith, Bines)
Dangerfield, Boak, Kelly, Dunkley, Ziebell, Marshall (Corbett Gardner)

Backline need Whitfield and Houli and Forward rookies looking stagnant. Also missing a couple of the high ceiling mids but looking ok coming out of byes.

ROB to Gawn was locked in ever since I got him, all going to plan. Trade done right after lockout...

Now with Fort named, I have some cover and providing ROB keeps up decent scoring, my team looks better using the cash elsewhere.

Basically letting a rookie ruck (Fort) screw my season long plan. :D
Fort is a Central Districts (S.A) boy so I'm expecting a decent score back at home. (84pts) ;)
Port have also come to the party by trusting Lycett to ruck solo after dumping Ryder & Westhoff.

I've gone back and forth on this many times already and may still go back to Gawn..
Actually, Forts name is in FORTh, so I may go forth with the trade plans. It's an omen. :D
I have done the same. ROB to Gawn locked in, until Fort was named. Playing Fort means an extra trade elsewhere and playing 19 this week instead of 18.

TRADES
Walsh to Macrae
Drew to O. Baker
Rocky to Brayshaw.

First two are done and dusted. Watch Drew get named next week.
Still unsure of whether to go Brayshaw value or Treloar/Duncan/Fyfe/Oliver

Stuck on what to do here, any help appreciated

Trading Rocky as he’s just too much of an unknown to keep

1. Trade him straight to Fyfe/Oliver/Parker or mid below 745k

2. Trade him to Tim Kelly. Probably here is I already have 6 premo forwards, Including Worpel

Option 2 probably allows me to go Worpel to premo mid and out Kelly Forward in about a month I guess

Stuck on what to do here, any help appreciated

Trading Rocky as he’s just too much of an unknown to keep

1. Trade him straight to Fyfe/Oliver/Parker or mid below 745k

2. Trade him to Tim Kelly. Probably here is I already have 6 premo forwards, Including Worpel

Option 2 probably allows me to go Worpel to premo mid and out Kelly Forward in about a month I guess
Kelly is a top 6 Fwd and a 'must have' IMO and you could downgrade Worpel to Brayshaw:moustache:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back