Trades Round 14 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do we think the top 6 forwards and defenders are ?

DEF:
Lloyd
Whitfield
Houli
Laird
Hurn
Stewart
(Daniel, Sicily)

FWD:
Dunkley
Boak
Kelly
Danger
Martin
Worpel
(Walters, Ziebell)

Locked in
ROB to Gawn
Hore to Lloyd
Gibbons to Logue

This may change if I need a Hore this week.

Walters is seriously going under the radar at the moment.

Owned by 4%
Last 3 average of 118
Overall average of 94.3
Price at 624K
Has got Demons, Blues, Eagles, Hawks, Swans and Dogs in next 6.

Some decent fantasy friendly games there! I’ll defs be considering him next week as my last forward position!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shhhhhh !!!!

Smith > Logue
Walsh > Gaff
ROB > Grundy

74K remaining and 20 playing this week. Happy with that

End of round:

Wilkie > Rook
Clark > Stewart

Team after byes should be:

DEF: Lloyd, Laird, Houli, Stewart, Guthrie, Naish (Logue, Gardener)

MID: Jelly, Gaff, Treloar, Danger, Duncan, Cogs, Brouch, Duursma (Hind, Bewley)

RUC: Grundy, Gawn

FWD: Boak, Dunkley, Telly, Martin, Billings, Worpel (Larkey, Rook)

Will go Duurs to Taranto end of Round 15, and then by Round 17-18 should be able to upgrade Naish/Logue to final premo def like Whit

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do we think the top 6 forwards and defenders are ?

DEF:
Lloyd
Whitfield
Houli
Laird
Hurn
Stewart
(Daniel, Sicily)

FWD:
Dunkley
Boak
Kelly
Danger
Martin
Worpel
(Walters, Ziebell)
Yeah it comes down to this at the crunch period!

DEFENCE
If we're talking averages then it looks like Lloyd, Whit, Houli <daylight> Laird, Hurn

Stewart ave 96 but his last 5 games have produced only 1 ton (ave 87) compared to his first 5 games which were 3 tons (ave 99). Worrying trend. Don't want to trade him in for an 87 average..

I've got Sicily but not hugely confident in his scoring this year. Daniel has been more consistent.

To me Laird is the one who could take it up a notch from here out. Averaging 99, we know he averaged 108 last season. 2 of his 3 highest scores in 2019 have been in the last 3 weeks. So he's one I'd target.

FORWARDS
Kelly, Danger, Boak all locked in.
Dunkley in hot form so you'd expect him to finish there too.
Martin - hate to admit it - is in hot form and looking like he'll finish in the top 6.
Last spot up for grabs, Ziebell biggest ceiling but most frustrating. Walters also very yoyo but in form at the moment and a little less expensive than other options.
Billings and Marshall the wildcards for mine. Saints have a relatively easy draw, especially from Rd 18-23 playing Bulldogs, Dees, Crows, Dockers, Blues, Swans. Billings and Marshall don't have the profile the others have, so if they show up for these games you'd think they'd be able to hold their average if not better it, placing them in the top 6. And both lower ownership too.

On the topic of forwards, keep an eye on Zac Bailey... he's set to return from injury this week, whether through the NEAFL or straight into the seniors. Two of his four games this year have been injury games. In fact, they're his last 2 games, so his BE is a deliciously high 97. Since he's at $350K now, he'll probably drop to about $270K in 3 weeks, which is a real bargain for someone who people thought could average 80 in the preseason (and is a cheap FORWARD!). Toby Wooller is also a good chance of getting a game this week.

Time to unleash Bennel!!

Corbett- 170K
Answerth- Bennell
Parker- Blakely...

This leaves me with $0 and 1 rookie on field in Walsh......

If HB isn’t named I’ll go with Hind.

But not confident with Blakely.

Can go Salem, Stewart, Blakely in defence or bring in Billings into forwards but don’t really want to do that...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think i'm going to trade Gardner. Big chance to get dropped for Schache or Lewis Young and even if named, can't see him scoring more than a 40 against the Pies...

So do we think any rook Rucks are chances for games going forward? Started with grundy and max but got rob back for his debut game and now am cashing him in. Current R4 is darcy cameron so wondering who to take for R3?

This is probably crazy but I think I'm going to trade a "premo" OUT who is playing this week. Think I should cut my losses with Guthrie, even though he tonned last time he played. I just don't feel confident having him as a unique pick, a 70 from him will hurt with where he is priced. I have more faith in Duurs and Walsh than Guthrie.
Can get in 2 quality mids this week (Gaff and Treloar) and hopefully have enough to target one of Jelly/Taranto the following week

Have to take a short term punt on Bennell M8 next week in his inevitable return to get my other 21 on field exactly how I want them. Wise or unwise?

So I'm 40k short of going Smith, Stack and Larkey to Logue, Macrae and Gaff which would have been a dream trade.
Not sure if I cut corners and go Brayshaw over Macrae/Gaff or a def rookie under 200k for Logue......

After trades this week I still have 3 rookies on field, Hore, Duursma and Clarke. With $125k left in the bank I'll still have 2 rookies after the byes :huh:

Only 18 on field this week assuming Young doesn't play

Not sure I can count Ziebell as a keeper either

1560679416681.png

My early thoughts are-
Perryman > Lloyd
McInerney > Logue
Balta > Rose

Newnes survives... for another week!
Gives me 19 starters if Rockliff gets up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back