Round 14 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Thinking of trading Lake >> Carrazzo, O.Stephenson >> Rookie ruck (Campbell), Giles >> Maric. Team completed w/ 3 trades remaining for the rest of the year. Surely that'll be enough to cover injuries and shock omissions (err, "rested players") come Finals time?

Thinking of trading Lake >> Carrazzo, O.Stephenson >> Rookie ruck (Campbell), Giles >> Maric. Team completed w/ 3 trades remaining for the rest of the year. Surely that'll be enough to cover injuries and shock omissions (err, "rested players") come Finals time?

It sounds reasonable & they look like good trades.

Yeah no....

Gibson is about it... If you already have him then the only mids you should be looking at are ones that might be playing down the track but i wouldn't be doing that as you need to make sure these downgrades have good JS..

Mitchell from Sydney should get games before the years out, as will Docherty and possibly Couch... But if wouldn't hold my breath on any of them... Apparently, Kavanagh might be lining up at the dons soon also.

Also if you value JS over squeezing out as much cash as possible, Morabito could be worth a look at 168k. Would've been in line for selection this week if he wasn't concussed last WAFL game (still might!), and will almost certainly stay in the team the rest of the season.

Anyway, for me:

Hargrave -> Carrazzo
Clarke -> Scotland

Just need to upgrade Giles and my team is finished (assuming Zorko can keep it up as a F7). 9 trades and 78k left.

If Hargrave isn't named again I'll just upgrade Giles to Ryder and wait for Carrots to drop next week.

Probably go:

Stephenson -> Campbell
Ellis -> Suckling

Leaves me with 3 trades left with the option of going either Hargrave -> Carrazzo or Giles -> Mumford next week but will probably leave them in my team if Hargrave returns fresh this week.

Team is basically finished with Treloar and Dustin Martin giving me solid back up as my m7/f8.

Was going to trade Adams out for Gibson for some cash but he has pulled out a mbig score on the weekend so I will keep him for at least another week.
Zorko has popped out of nowhere and instead of trading him for Sidey I am happy for him to become my F7.
I only need one upgrade in my backs and I am finished, Looks like it will be Darley since Spurr and Shaw are not doing much. 7 trades left so I'm happy to sit on that for another week.

Three easy league games in a row so might hold off on trading.

If anything I'll go Hargrave --> Carrazzo. Seems it's a pretty popular trade this week.

Might wait a week or two to see how Carrazzo goes. He might even be cheaper then I think.

Despite the best efforts of my players this week I DO have enough cash for these trades this week:

Magner > Gibson
Porplyzia > Beams

Beams will go into the mids for Zorko and Martin will become my F8 for now.

Other option to avoid that situation is

Porplyzia > Beams
McDonald > Crozier

That way Crozier gets swapped into the forwards for Beams and Zorko and Martin can both get on the field.

In: Carrazzo, Maric
Out: Hargrave, Giles

That's me done with 5 trades remaining.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crozier still only $112K, a DPP, and I thought he looked okay on the weekend giving Freo a bit of pace through the mids (especially with Hill out). Reckon his JS is better than I previously thought.

Less sure about Sam Gibson hanging around for long.

Definitely going Hargrave>Scotland and toying with Shiel>Stanton. Already got arguably the 5 best mids (Watson, Swan, Boyd, Thompson, Ablett) and struggling to figure out the next best, think Stanton might be it since Pendles is injured.

This will leave me with 4 trades and enough cash to trade Carrazzo in next week.

Any advice on my final mid spot would be greatly appreciated!

I wish I could do that.

Would love an extra 100k in the bank. Would finish my team I think.

I'll settle with Beams in my midfield and leave Martin as M7/F8.

Zorko is playing like a mid premium let alone a forward premium, and he'll be my F7.

I wish those 2 trades were enough to finish my team. I've got some depth on my mids & fwd benches and 2 fwd DP links in the mids ATM but only enough trades left for LTI's. I don't think I will ever achieve a "complete" team this year unfortunately. Will look to upgrade Bugg or Ellis to a fallen premo at some point though.

Malceski > Scotland
Clarke > Carrazzo

Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Broughton, Bugg, Hargrave, Carrazzo (Ellis*, S Shaw)

Thompson, Sidebottom, Ablett, Beams, Hayes, Barlow (Ziebell*, Gibson)

Kruezer, Giles (Campbell, Redden)

Franklin, Chapman, Robinson, Dangerfield, N Riewoldt, Zorko, Cloke (Treloar*, D Smith)

4 trades left & 14k

I wish those 2 trades were enough to finish my team. I've got some depth on my mids & fwd benches and 2 fwd DP links in the mids ATM but only enough trades left for LTI's. I don't think I will ever achieve a "complete" team this year unfortunately. May upgrade Bugg to a fallen premo at some point though.

Malceski > Scotland
Clarke > Carrazzo

Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Broughton, Bugg, Hargrave, Carrazzo (Ellis*, S Shaw)

Thompson, Sidebottom, Ablett, Beams, Hayes, Barlow (Ziebell*, Gibson)

Kruezer, Giles (Campbell, Redden)

Franklin, Chapman, Robinson, Dangerfield, N Riewoldt, Zorko (Treloar*, D Smith)

4 trades left & 14k

That's a shame. So much free cash on the bench and not enough trades to make the most of it... Any particular trades throughout the year that you regret big time?

That's a shame. So much free cash on the bench and not enough trades to make the most of it... Any particular trades throughout the year that you regret big time?

So many wasted trades...

Trading out Ablett only to trade him back in 3-4 weeks later
trading in JZ! :confused:
Trading in Waite & Murphy (for Goodes & Fyfe) only to injury force trade them both out a few weeks later, losing cash in the process.

There are more, but those were the most pointless If I had to choose. :rolleyes:

If Hargrave is named this week, then will settle for Hargrave > Enright

If he isn't, nothing this week and Hargrave > Carrazzo next week, assuming carrots drops short of his BE and goes down ~5k in price

Why are people holding on to Hargrave if he isn't named this week?

Hargrave has a high B/E so he's likely to go down in price if he plays. Carrazzo (the defender that most are trading him in for) also has a high B/E, so if he plays and Hargrave doesn't then it will be a cheaper trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back