Autopsy Round 14 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably Clurey's best game, was awesome. Have been a Jonas critic but he's been consistently good this year. Hombsch having a poor year to date, hopefully comes good. Have now seen enough of SPP to think he'll probably be better than Wines, has the same grunt but better foot skills. Houston has to stay in the side and be used more often in the play, best kick in our side. Sam Gray is frustrating but I think there has been improvement. It feels like we're close to being a really good side, 2 or 3 players away...

well Ken got the White selection right, i had my doubts mainly based on the fact he's pretty much been injured for the past 2 years and i thought he would come in under done, What i really like about White is that he can actually hit a target while running at full speed where someone like Impey you can just about be certain he would spray the ball at that speed. Lets not get too carried away Collingwood are a pretty soft team with a hopeless forward line, Richmond next week will be a good test, they are pretty much playing a carbon copy style of play to us. This is the next chance our team gets to beat a team in the top 8 so if we lose we can still be labelled flat track bullies, maybe we are?
Just wish Polec was back for that game

Clurey was immense. Reads the game brilliantly and has great composure.

R. Gray was in god mode.

Trengove played well as a forward / ruck! Took some nice marks and competed well.

Wines is obviously great... but his kicking is seriously bad.

White brilliant.

Young woeful. At least he competes so he is at least a body out there.

Pittard. Good. Defensively. Positioning. Not incredible but good.

Houston. Very solid.

Jonas. Great.

Neade. Okay. Does some nice things. Just not strong enough.

Chad and Ryder classy as you would expect.

SPP unsighted in the first term and then bam imposed himself on the game.

Impey was good. He still can't kick but he was good.

Aish. Softest player in history.

Collingwood chip it around too much. Sack Buckley.
Collingwoods strategy in the last qtr was perplexing. How could they win with so few forwards. Had to all out attack. Strange

Bucks called us the 'best opposition Collingwood have had' this season. Bit of a surprising statement, feels a bit like a cop out.

Fagan said similar before last weeks game. We had touched them up by 15 goals the last time we met though.

I think Bucks knows that was a moral ten goal loss. Take him at his word.

Sam Gray is frustrating but I think there has been improvement.
... hmmm lets try somebody else and for Young too. We can and need to get better. Loved the points but there's work to be done.
We move on, are we good enough? ... hmm, not yet imo and by a fair way.
Skills are way too iffy. Matty White n Dan Houston helped.

We've got the Power to win
Power to rule
Come on, Port Adelaide aggression

We are the Power from Port
It's more than a sport
It's true Port Adelaide tradition

We'll never stop, stop, stop
Til we're top, top, top
There's history here in the making

We've got the Power to win
We'll never give in
Til the flag is ours for the taking

POWER!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I already mentioned in a couple of other threads, the egg on my face has never tasted so good.

Good game by Whitey.
I won't be able to see the game until tomorrow. Glad White seems to have made me look a (bigger) idiot!

We do okay against teams who don't have multiple tall targets up forward, and struggle against ones that do.

Need to fix up the multiple talls issue.
If only we had a versatile tall defensive player who could swing forward or pinch hit in the ruck.

There was a time when Collingwood were pretty much my most hated sports team in the world.

Since moving back to Adelaide, that's clearly become the Crows. But Collingwood's still in my top five. Along with Liverpool, Boston Celtics and Contax.

So it's always nice to beat 'em. Even better when we kill 'em. Like today.

But we have to back it up. Have to beat Richmond. At home. No ifs, buts or maybes. A win next week is non-negotiable.

Alarm bells have been ringing loudly for the past few weeks. But, like all suckers, I've still got hope. Even if...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back