Review Round 14, 2023 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Very Disappointed Ross.

Eastern stand is for the true believers.

Western stand is for the establishment softies who don't like the sun in their eyes. ;):cool:

I can understand the Ghost wanting to sit there though - he would get sunburnt in a snowstorm.
I had to sit on the lower level of the Eastern Stand for the first time during Gather Round.

Got absolutely destroyed by the heavy rain, but the hard fought win vs the Dogs more than made up for it.

I had to sit on the lower level of the Eastern Stand for the first time during Gather Round.

Got absolutely destroyed by the heavy rain, but the hard fought win vs the Dogs more than made up for it.

And none of the usual Adelaide Oval butlers to rush out with umbrellas to keep you dry?

FMD that must have been awful.

I assume there is a GoFundMe page set up to compensate you for the laundering bills? I've heard those RM Craftsmans aren't really as waterproof as the advertising would make you believe.

(OK I'll stop now).

Great win again by your team. Real team performance with all players contributing and no reliance on the superstars.
Have been an admirer of Port for the last 5 years, and thought you could have been in GF's in the Covid years.
This year, definitely the best team to watch.
You seem to have the perfect blend of class, skill, speed, grunt, height, and excitement, and a very deep list.
Really hope you go on to win it this year (given we are out of the race)- 11 in a row- can't see it stopping any time soon.

After having a dig at what I saw in the after match stuff on Seven when returning home from last night's game I finally got around to watching a recording of the full segment. And credit where credit is due.

It was SO much better than the cringe stuff that BT dishes up when he was there. The interviews with Butters, Marshall and Narkle were entertaining and insightful and each of them were impressive in the way they answered them - not just the usual rhetoric that tells you nothing. The sort of stuff real fans want to see I reckon.

So well done to Hamish and Seven for that. Great stuff.
I farked me off no end thst Todd kept saying “mate” tho 😂

At the start of the season I would have put money on a Hinkley sacking by now, especially with our tough draw.

Now we’re just about certain to play finals and a fair chance of finishing in the top two. Our best is as good as any team in the comp.

Didn’t see it coming.

After having a dig at what I saw in the after match stuff on Seven when returning home from last night's game I finally got around to watching a recording of the full segment. And credit where credit is due.

It was SO much better than the cringe stuff that BT dishes up when he was there. The interviews with Butters, Marshall and Narkle were entertaining and insightful and each of them were impressive in the way they answered them - not just the usual rhetoric that tells you nothing. The sort of stuff real fans want to see I reckon.

So well done to Hamish and Seven for that. Great stuff.
Agree. And having Burgoyne there means he's got a little bit more inside info and the boys feel comfortable. Thought Marshall and Butters were great. If anyone missed it you can go to 7plus and find it listed under "after the siren".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was worse than the Sicily tackle but the league is wrongly obsessed with outcome not act.
There was nothing wrong with that tackle, his head didnt even come close to contacting the ground, so there was never any danger to his head. That's the criteria, a tackle that has the potential to cause injury.

There was nothing wrong with that tackle, his head didnt even come close to contacting the ground, so there was never any danger to his head. That's the criteria, a tackle that has the potential to cause injury.
Plus arms were free. Sort of threw him but not into the ground.

Hope she makes a quick & full recovery
At the start of the season I would have put money on a Hinkley sacking by now, especially with our tough draw.

Now we’re just about certain to play finals and a fair chance of finishing in the top two. Our best is as good as any team in the comp.

Didn’t see it coming.
Your not alone,nobody could have predicted this.
Been a perfect storm with our good players improving and our lesser lights in career best form.

Took this screenshot when watching the replay as a reminder that Narkle kicked that fourth goal with only 90 seconds left in the second quarter.

So we scored 84 points on last year’s premiers, coming off a 10 day break, with low or less their entire premiership backline together, after playing 4 games in 18 days.

Let that sink in…
IMG_2388.png

Agree. And having Burgoyne there means he's got a little bit more inside info and the boys feel comfortable. Thought Marshall and Butters were great. If anyone missed it you can go to 7plus and find it listed under "after the siren".
Excellent. Here's the link to Thursday's post match:

Idiots in the back ground wanting to get their face on the camera is a bit off-putting but other than that pretty good stuff imho.

Considering the way the season has been coached and senior defensive players have been dropped, I think McKenzie is not skating on thin ice but approaching it.

I don't think we have an alternative so he has a bit of extra safety.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back