Game Day Round 14, 2023 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butters couldn't do it again, could he?

Hoping someone else steps up tonight.

I am excited to see how our defence goes against Cameron and Hawkins, how our quick midfield will hopefully slice and dice Geelong and that we play with a mental fortitude against a team who has had the wood over us. Time to change that.

Less nervous about this one than last week but anything but confident.

Not sure about the defensive 50 match ups. And Geelong… well, it’s Geelong….

I don’t think it will be a close one. 4-5 goals will be the margin, but could go either way.

Heart says Port, head is probably saying Geelong, given they have more to fight for and some big inclusions.

Hawkins & Cameron to kick a combined 7 goals on us, as they always do.

Still reckon us by 4 goals though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1686786399586.png

Where are you on the curve?

I'm approaching I get my hopes up, a win tonight would nearly get me there. However it's still very hard to fully invest and believe. Even tonight I'm kinda confident, but I'm really not. I certainly would never put a bet on it that's for sure. Plus it's so early in the year, that we could still have the bottom fall out of our season as it has in the past, super quickly.

So anyway, carn Port! Get it done. Going to be extremely tough, especially with our terrible record in big prime time games at home. However we've been winning games that we'd regularly lose throughout this hot streak, so why not keep it rolling. Fingers crossed the streak lasts at least 1 more week. Our season could be defined by a win like this, putting us on top, and in an amazing position for the run home.

Last edited:
View attachment 1712970

I'm approaching I get my hopes up, a win tonight would nearly get me there.

Carn Port. Get it done. Going to be extremely tough, especially with our terrible record in big prime time games at home. However we've been winning games that we'd regularly lose throughout this hot streak, so why not keep it rolling. Fingers crossed the streak lasts at least 1 more week.
I won't truly believe until we win a preliminary final. But I'm definitely more hopeful about beating Geelong than I've been for some time.

Sinn cops it because he is picked when he is not deserving, and because he cost us so much in what appears to have been a bad trade.

Similar to Teakles unworthy selection, most of the heat isn't directed completely at Sinn, it's actually the club/coaches fault who created the situation.

Let's hope he can have a good game.

6 day break vs coming off the bye. Need to get the scoreboard pressure on early.
Shame we aren't wearing the PB's tonight. Thursday standalone game at home against the reigning premiers.

I'm ok with getting games into Sinn, but I'm still not seeing what others are seeing yet. Looks very vanilla to me.

Did slot a nice goal on the training video they posted in Instagram though.

View attachment 1712970

I'm approaching I get my hopes up, a win tonight would nearly get me there.

Carn Port. Get it done. Going to be extremely tough, especially with our terrible record in big prime time games at home. However we've been winning games that we'd regularly lose throughout this hot streak, so why not keep it rolling. Fingers crossed the streak lasts at least 1 more week.

Things are going a little too well at the moment.
Expecting
- pre game koch announces a 4 year extension for Kenny
  • cats belt us by 8 goals
  • Carr is appointed head coach of Richmond and leaves immediately

If you review the 2021 draft, who should we have taken at our first pick if not Sinn?

I'm not convinced we paid a kings ransom for him either. The club clearly wanted ladhams out anyway.
The List Management went for gold.

They've struck before and we are reaping the benefits right now so hopefully Sinn develops like Butters and Rozee.

Sinn cops it because he is picked when he is not deserving, and because he cost us so much in what appears to have been a bad trade.

Similar to Teakles unworthy selection, most of the heat isn't directed completely at Sinn, it's actually the club/coaches fault who created the situation.

Let's hope he can have a good game.

In context I don't think he cost us a ransom because:

1. The club wanted ladhams out the door as shown by the crumbs they accepted for him so he was gone anyway.

2. Other than the top handful of players, it seems a weak draft.

3. No one else from the draft outside the top 7 or 8 has done much yet.

4. Whilst he hasn't done much yet either, he looks a real talent that will hopefully blossom.

Last edited:
View attachment 1712970

I'm approaching I get my hopes up, a win tonight would nearly get me there. However it's still very hard to fully invest and believe. Even tonight I'm kinda confident, but I'm really not. I certainly would never put a bet on it that's for sure. Plus it's so early in the year, that we could still have the bottom fall out of our season as it has in the past, super quickly.

So anyway, carn Port! Get it done. Going to be extremely tough, especially with our terrible record in big prime time games at home. However we've been winning games that we'd regularly lose throughout this hot streak, so why not keep it rolling. Fingers crossed the streak lasts at least 1 more week. Our season could be defined by a win like this, putting us on top, and in an amazing position for the run home.
All three points of the triangle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back