Game Day Round 15 vs Geelong @ GMHBA/Simonds/Skilled/Baytec/Shell Stadium, 7:20 pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a dumb way too look at it. Clarkson Hardwick Sheedy Pagan Parkin etc. Heaps of good coaches were average players.

Yze was as skilled as you could see and our midfield is as bland as could be.

Basing a coach off their playing ability is incredibly stupid.
But it’s true. The forward line is a complete s**t show and has been for a long time, and he’s the coach

I don't understand why Goody didnt move Petty forward at some point in the game (after Cameron was injured) to try something, all night we put it on the heads of our forwards, at least he's tall

I said the same in this thread at quarter time.

Didn't mind Petty in to run with Cameron but once he was knocked out there wasn't really a match up for him down there, especially as he could barely read the flight of the ball in the air. Needed to swing him forward to just force a contest against Stewart. Had zero impact but not sure if Tommo would have offered much more.
Fair comment. I was half expecting Petty was going to get subbed out as the team looked a bit tall for the conditions once Cameron was gone.

Geelong’s taller backs in particular seemed to go OK in the conditions though.

Bringing Petty in was a mistake. But Tommo isn't flexible enough to play on any of the Cats crafty mid sized forwards or resting mids. Anyway, not exactly the reason why we lost but it's frustrating nonetheless.

Remember when I said he was struggling at the start of the year and Tulip said he was in form
Always right gang strikes again.
Petty our best one grab forward and we leave him in defence all night, even after his opponent went down. Just totally bizarre stubborn bullshit from whoever actually calls the shots.

Bringing Petty in was a mistake. But Tommo isn't flexible enough to play on any of the Cats crafty mid sized forwards or resting mids. Anyway, not exactly the reason why we lost but it's frustrating nonetheless.
Yeh glad we got beat by Rohan and old mate serial killer haircut instead of Hawkins, at least I can sleep at night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a wet game we needed some class/polish from our smalls and we got barely any outside of a few flashes of kozz brilliance. Nibbler playing in a high pressure slippery game is so hard to watch. You're just waiting for the fumble at any moment.

Goodwin's gameplan:
51iefaxmqeL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

As if Tomlinson would have made a difference in the last quarter.

Bliscavs killed us all night and we had no match up for him. He’s been their most important player all season. And we let Tanner ******* Bruhn have a career best game on us. I’d start there.

I don't understand why Goody didnt move Petty forward at some point in the game (after Cameron was injured) to try something, all night we put it on the heads of our forwards, at least he's tall
That would be too easy, why try nullify the cats defenders taking all those intercept marks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back