Review Round 17 - GWS Giants vs Essendon at SKODA Saturday 20th July

Remove this Banner Ad

Time has surely come to drop Hampton for this game after his inept performance against the Swans.

There'll be a few changes for sure...I wouldn't be surprised to see Curtly back in the NEAFL.

But it's not just him. We're carrying far too many passengers at the moment. Not enough one percenters or second efforts.

Please excuse the intrusion but just had to say it's a great thing the Giants and Sheed's is doing for young Casey Tutungi the young GFL player who recently became a quadriplegic

The Giants & @Kevin_Sheedy have donated a once-in-a-lifetime experience to help raise funds for Casey Tutungi http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181173901643

Thanks to the Giants for supporting young Casey as he goes through this life changing event :thumbsu:

And will this be the week that Downie gets the call up after another strong game in the neafl

Downie did his chances of a senior call-up no harm with another stellar game, following on from his best on ground performance last week. Similarly, elevation to the senior team might not be too far away for James Stewart with the 195cm forward impeccable with his ball use inside 50. “Downie was fantastic in the ruck, his improvement over the last 12 months has been enormous and Stewart is showing some really positive signs with his ball movement and running patterns,” said Hand. It’s been a remarkable month for the third-placed UWS GIANTS, who have averaged a winning margin of 125-points over their last three matches. The GIANTS have a chance to freshen up with the bye this week before travelling to Metricon Stadium to take on the Gold Coast Suns reserves in a fortnight.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2013-07-15/uws-giants-down-swans

brogan is listed with a sore back from his come back game in the 2nds, hindsight mark blake would of been a great pick but oh well, was hoping to see giles rested this week but with brogs not ready will make do with downie givng him a big chop out... wilson in to play on hibberd an kick goals...

looks like being a wet game maybe with sheedys last game againt the old club,so will need some hard nuts around the ball Townsend,adams back in,

While we're on about changes to the team, maybe we need to focus on a change in attitude.

Did anyone see the report in the Herald today about yesterday's recovery session?

Apparently, some of our youngsters had been sledging some of the senior Swans in Round 1, and we had no older hands around to advise them not to do it.

If that sort of thing's been happening, it doesn't sound like a very good idea to me. Maybe the best advice from now on should be to play as hard as you like, but keep your mouths shut.

Wonder if this will get many more thru the gates

With some of the biggest stars in world sport descending on ANZ Stadium this Saturday night, the Greater Western Sydney GIANTS have announced a special offer to celebrate the occasion. Anyone with a ticket to ANZ Stadium will be able to come and see the GIANTS play Essendon at ŠKODA Stadium on Saturday afternoon free of charge.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2013-07-16/giant-offer

While we're on about changes to the team, maybe we need to focus on a change in attitude.

Did anyone see the report in the Herald today about yesterday's recovery session?

Apparently, some of our youngsters had been sledging some of the senior Swans in Round 1, and we had no older hands around to advise them not to do it.

your kidding me mate? they are having a crack an need to show they won't be pushed around so why not talk the smack!!
change i want,would love to see our boys play tempo for once it's so annoying,this day an age if you don't get 15 touchs a game you won't make it sadly to many of our guys get 10 an below

Talk the smack sounds like playing the man and not the ball. We don't need it.

adams learnt that the hard way, guess we will agree to disagree as i'd like nothing more then to see us talk some smack a jumper punch shows the boys are having a dip as we can't match most teams physicaly

zaharakis an hepell look like they might not come up this week which would be great news,in saying that if they go with the 3 talls hurley miss australia i mean bellchambers,an daniher god knows how he can cover a 200cm player, it may get ugly,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

zaharakis an hepell look like they might not come up this week which would be great news,in saying that if they go with the 3 talls hurley miss australia i mean bellchambers,an daniher god knows how he can cover a 200cm player, it may get ugly,

I think Sheedy might get a bit ugly with the team as a result of the Swans game; he hinted at that in his after-match conference on Sunday. Something about Essendon knowing what to expect from him after a defeat like that. I hope we see some benefit.

I am thinking the boys will run out with the confidence in that we've played well against Essendon before.

But at the same time we are going to have to think long and hard about who deserves a spot in the 22 this week after last week's performance..

All in all I am not expecting us to lose by more than 30-40 pts..

I am hoping your mob play with the same resilience, desire and composure that they did against us in r 5, while I still want Essendon to win I want you to put up a decent fight..

Let's hope they take us for granted again, rest some players, and that we can earn some respect back after last week.

Can't wait for Saturday, get to see GWS and Man U in the same day. the true GIANTS of the games!

Ins and Outs since last time they met

Essendon INS: Ryder, Fletcher, Hurley, Carlisle, Heppell, Lovett-Murray, Dell’Olio, O’Brien and Colyer
Essendon OUTS: Hocking, Watson, Pears, Howlett, Hardingham, Gumbleton, Hille, Zaharakis and Davey

GWS INS: Brogan, Darley, Haynes, Davis, Ugle and Whitfield
GWS OUTS: Palmer, Townsend, Coniglio, Reid, Frost and Corr

When any team consistently makes 5, 6 or 7 changes every single week, they are going to really struggle to play with any consistency. When you make that many changes with a bunch of 20 year olds, you can expect to get whipped every time. I cant see how we cant lose this by about 100 points. Am very interested to see what we do at the trade table.

GWS Giants
B: Stephen Gilham, Phil Davis, Sam Darley
HB: Curtley Hampton, Tim Mohr, Nicholas Haynes
C: Lachie Whitfield, Adam Treloar, Tom Scully
HF: Jeremy Cameron, Adam Tomlinson, Mark Whiley
F: Devon Smith, Jonathan Giles, Gerald Ugle
Foll: Dean Brogan, Callan Ward, Dylan Shiel
Int: Taylor Adams, Tomas Bugg, Toby Greene, Zachary Williams
Emerg: Joshua Bruce, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Adam Kennedy

In: Brogan Adams Tomlinson Ugle Whiley Williams Greene
Out: O'hAilpin R Palmer (foot) Hoskin-Elliott Tyson Edwards Corr O'Rourke

Essendon
B: Mark Baguley, Jake Carlisle, Courtenay Dempsey
HB: Michael Hibberd, Cale Hooker, Dustin Fletcher
C: Nick Kommer, Nick O'Brien, Dyson Heppell
HF: David Myers, Patrick Ryder, Cory Dell'Olio
F: Michael Hurley, Stewart Crameri, Leroy Jetta
Foll: Tom Bellchambers, Brent Stanton, Brendon Goddard
Int: Nathan Lovett-Murray, Jake Melksham, Jackson Merrett, Travis Colyer
Emerg: Ben Howlett, Kyle Hardingham, Alwyn Davey

In: Lovett-Murray Jetta Dell'Olio Crameri
Out: Winderlich (soreness) Howlett Zaharakis (back) Pears (rested)

Hi guys

Im a Perth guy flying in for the weekend to watch Manchester United play, and will very likely watch GWS vs Essendon as well.

A few things

1) Best place to drink pre-game?
2) Best place to drink post-game but before Manchester United vs A-League

Thats about it really

Any help appreciated :)

Hi guys

Im a Perth guy flying in for the weekend to watch Manchester United play, and will very likely watch GWS vs Essendon as well.

A few things

1) Best place to drink pre-game?
2) Best place to drink post-game but before Manchester United vs A-League

Thats about it really

Any help appreciated :)

Not many places around Homebush. There's the "Brewery" (just a pub) opposite ANZ stadium but beyond that you're short on options.

Tyson Edwards as an out? hmmm didn't see him much last week :p
the foward line looks really good with the resting ruck down there,guess downie missed out abit stunned by that,

GWS Giants
B: Stephen Gilham, Phil Davis, Sam Darley
HB: Curtley Hampton, Tim Mohr, Nicholas Haynes
C: Lachie Whitfield, Adam Treloar, Tom Scully
HF: Jeremy Cameron, Adam Tomlinson, Mark Whiley
F: Devon Smith, Jonathan Giles, Gerald Ugle
Foll: Dean Brogan, Callan Ward, Dylan Shiel
Int: Taylor Adams, Tomas Bugg, Toby Greene, Zachary Williams
Emerg: Joshua Bruce, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Adam Kennedy

In: Brogan Adams Tomlinson Ugle Whiley Williams Greene
Out: O'hAilpin R Palmer (foot) Hoskin-Elliott Tyson Edwards Corr O'Rourke

Essendon
B: Mark Baguley, Jake Carlisle, Courtenay Dempsey
HB: Michael Hibberd, Cale Hooker, Dustin Fletcher
C: Nick Kommer, Nick O'Brien, Dyson Heppell
HF: David Myers, Patrick Ryder, Cory Dell'Olio
F: Michael Hurley, Stewart Crameri, Leroy Jetta
Foll: Tom Bellchambers, Brent Stanton, Brendon Goddard
Int: Nathan Lovett-Murray, Jake Melksham, Jackson Merrett, Travis Colyer
Emerg: Ben Howlett, Kyle Hardingham, Alwyn Davey

In: Lovett-Murray Jetta Dell'Olio Crameri
Out: Winderlich (soreness) Howlett Zaharakis (back) Pears (rested)

Glad to see Adams is back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back