Preview Round 18: 103 is the Magic Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if they do lift in intensity to match ours over the 22 (highly unlikely).. stk are that bereft of talent it wont matter

Yeah, St.Kilda always make me nervous. It's a feeling I haven't had since Richmond (for nothing, agreed) and it's for the same reason: They always lift against us. Throw in the Lenny retirement announcement it does have me thinking twice about the large scoreline. I'm tipping for there to be some very annoyed posters in the gameday thread ala last week up to 3QT !

Yeah, they are still quietly pissed about Lyon. Another reason why they grow legs, like those matches last year (we didn't pull away from them in Perth until the second half of the last quarter)

We will still win confortably, I'm glad Lyon and the boys have a mindset of 'there's always a chance of a loss as there is in any other game'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, they are still quietly pissed about Lyon. Another reason why they grow legs, like those matches last year (we didn't pull away from them in Perth until the second half of the last quarter)

We will still win confortably, I'm glad Lyon and the boys have a mindset of 'there's always a chance of a loss as there is in any other game'.

Precisely why my pessimism has subsided from this time last decade. They still play like they could lose because of one bad quarter rather than lifting off in intensity once a comfortable margin has been reached. It's been nice to be able to watch Freo games sitting back in my seat rather than tuning in to away games against bottom four sides on the each of my seat with my nails chewed down to the nub.

338284.jpg
Mora certain to get a full game. We need his thighs to replace Clancee's. BT will be excited if he's wearing white shorts.

Mora certain to get a full game. We need his thighs to replace Clancee's. BT will be excited if he's wearing white shorts.

Doubt it myself. I can see him being the sub for at least the next couple of games.

Well, I should have known.

This thread reminds me of the 'Guess the Pies losing margin' on dockerland before a game in 2004 when we were expected to win easily. They were bottom four, we were one win away from finals. We got pumped by 33 points. We missed finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, St.Kilda always make me nervous. It's a feeling I haven't had since Richmond (for nothing, agreed) and it's for the same reason: They always lift against us. Throw in the Lenny retirement announcement it does have me thinking twice about the large scoreline. I'm tipping for there to be some very annoyed posters in the gameday thread ala last week up to 3QT because much like the weary 'peeking around the corner' scenes in most horror movies where the backing music suddenly stops: Something doesn't feel right...

Then again I had no such feelings against North so I'm thinking my Spidey-senses are s**t, Apeness will kick 5, Barlow to have 40 touches and the scoreline to both outscore and be more one-sided than the last cricket final I played in.

P.S. Ripping OP, deserves more love!

Even if they do lift in intensity to match ours over the 22 (highly unlikely).. stk are that bereft of talent it wont matter

ozO1i3I.gif

Hi guys, never felt the need to post here before rather than just read, I know this OP was great writing and most of the pokes at the Saints tongue in cheek but on behalf of the suffering silent majority that believe in never upsetting the footy gods, please never do it again!
As to the game, we were always bound to drop one in Melbourne against a lower team. I honestly thought it would be against Richmond at the G. So not a disaster. But the doctor that declared McPharlin fit should be reported to the medical board.

luls woops.

At least we had the "Haha awesome, we get to play the purple NTTAWWTs" thread prior to Geelong v Freo 2012 EF go our way :p

The best one ever was when a Port supporter started a thread on the bay asking how much of a lead Port should give GC to toy with them before running them down... only for GC to come back from 50 points down and beat them.

Either that or the Essendon supporter who started a thread bragging about how buff their players looked a few months before the doping scandal broke.

The footy gods have a great sense of humour sometimes.

In my defence, my prediction ultimately came true...

Well, half true. WTF why wasn't everyone getting around Mora after he kicked it?! Game was still early at that point.
That was pretty disappointing but it does say something about how rattled they were by the pressure. Still, those sorts of gestures can break sides out of funks.

I do think we went into the game underestimating the opponent and the boys with their minds on the bye and their four day break, thinking a win was a formality. Either Ross isn't keeping them focussed on that or complacency crept in after that run of wins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back