Review Round 18, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne

Who were your five best players against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Always been the home of the AFL circus...so many clowns

ElephantGif.gif

Save the hate guys Norf not worth it. For me they just an irrelevant, nothing club. Let’s face it everyone just shrugs their shoulders when it comes to them. They evoke about as much emotion as the bye for me.

Yeah I don't know why but I am always so flat when there is a game on and it's North, has been like that for a few years. All my Mates agree, just something about them. I think it's being middle of the table, irralivent for so long and no real story over the last decade. On the other hand we are compulsive viewing for a lot of neutral supporters apparently.

Yeah I don't know why but I am always so flat when there is a game on and it's North, has been like that for a few years. All my Mates agree, just something about them. I think it's being middle of the table, irralivent for so long and no real story over the last decade. On the other hand we are compulsive viewing for a lot of neutral supporters apparently.
They spent a small fortune on that squib Jared Polec for some star factor. What more could you possibly say.

They are opening a can of worms. They will be discussing 30 decisions every round.

Yep, umps don't have the benefit of a technology-based system as used in cricket to assist the match officials with their decision-making...Has seconds to make a decision and calls it as he sees it...not going to get every one right....and that's where those on the wrong side of the decision question the white maggots parentage...but, that's what I like about our game.

About to watch that now, glad someone has at least highlighted it but Darcy was rightly miffed during the call.
Same with On the Couch tonight. Healy made the point the Brown free that occurred 3 minutes before the "controversial" free was also a bad call and should have been called out by the AFL....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly we got rinsed by the umpiring. North lucky to be within 10 goals.

I'm nearly at the end of the second quarter in my "Umpiring decisions review" and I can honestly say I am hard pressed to find one 50/50 in our favour.

Compiling the rest of the game soon.

Good to see SEN / 3AW and AFL360 all proactively mentioned that, however, as I've said, doesn't fit a narrative that Norf was robbed.

I suggest people read the North board match thread too. During the game quite a few North posters said the Brown free was wrong. One poster even said “I hope we kick another one. Would be embarrassing to win off that free”.

The next day they all seemed to have conveniently groupthunk themselves into believing it was a fair free. Like you said, it isn’t compatible with the “we waz robbed” narrative they needed to cling to. So the truth shifted.

Just got the text from fages.

I will be defending Harris at the tribunal.

Send through your best arguments

“Good evening your honour. Lol Norf! The defence rests.”

The North board is actually next level messy. They genuinely suggesting the AFL is manufacturing a lions run at the flag ha ha. Yep Brisbane winning the flag would be a perfect outcome for Gillion 🤪 They a special lot but choosing to follow north in the first place suggests that anyway.

Same with On the Couch tonight. Healy made the point the Brown free that occurred 3 minutes before the "controversial" free was also a bad call and should have been called out by the AFL....

Was awesome seeing Healy call that out. The media have been telling a small piece of the story and it's been frankly pathetic.

The North board is actually next level messy. They genuinely suggesting the AFL is manufacturing a lions run at the flag ha ha.

Harris Andrews getting suspended for an incredibly innocuous incident that the media wasn’t even aware of beforehand must be some serious 4D chess by the AFL.

Back