AFL Toast Round 18: 27 Point Win Against North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Hame and Fev just said we can win the flag. We're the flavour of the week until Bulldogs beat us next week and everybody is on the Bulldogs back to back bandwagon.

Hame and Fev just said we can win the flag. We're the flavour of the week until Bulldogs beat us next week and everybody is on the Bulldogs back to back bandwagon.
We can't.

The overall skill level of our team is too low. I'm not saying we have 22 butchers but maybe 16-18 average or unreliable kicks. It's far too many for a good side to carry.

I missed this game but how did we manage to dominate the clearances yet concede 61 inside 50's to this rabble?

We went away from our run out of defense game and were just bombing it out of d50 to the north wall of defenders.

Hooker getting the North fans all nice and triggered because he dared to talk smack to his opponent deserves a lot of adulation.
I love this so much, bunch of bloody victims at Norf.
Young bloke talks smack and maybe disrespects an experienced bloke who then proceeds to teach him a lesson in return, nothing to see, move on.
But the way some Norf supporters are carrying on it was like Hooker molested him.

Guess what, we are talking about grown men playing competetive sport, harden up.

If we make the finals then nobody will want to play us.

Teams like Nth, Carlton, Brisbane and such come with the focus of breaking down our system and play defensive structures. All of those sides have troubled other top teams throughout the year.

The teams that we will be facing in the finals will be like us and will want to be backing in the system and processes that have got them into the finals. Yes, they will make minor adjustments to break us down but ultimately they will put trust in there gameplay. These are the sides that when we execute our gameplay we have troubled. I repeat, IF we make finals we will match up very well.

Just reading some above posts...

The Bulldogs winning the Grand Final from 7th last year has blurred many pundits views on the game.

That was a once in 30 (perhaps 40) year event.

There is no way a team in the lower reaches of the top 8 will go anywhere near a Grand Final this year. Swans are the only ones with some sort of realistic chance if they finish 5th.

Waite and Brown deystroyed our back line embrassing.

A wins a win and that's all that matters.

Yeah well our back 6 have been a rock all year, so I'm certainly not going to get hysterical.

Waite's always killed us & we won't be the last to get our arses handed to us by Brown either.

If anything, it keeps Hurls, Harts sharp & ensure they don't let it happen again anytime soon.

The Bulldogs winning the Grand Final from 7th last year has blurred many pundits views on the game.

There is no way a team in the lower reaches of the top 8 will go anywhere near a Grand Final this year. Swans are the only ones with some sort of realistic chance if they finish 5th.

Rubbish. Top four teams are not that dominant. All have more flaws than previous decades top four. It's wide open. I'd say only Port and Eagles are no hope whatsoever. Bulldogs are flawed, KP and rucks not good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we make the finals then nobody will want to play us.

Teams like Nth, Carlton, Brisbane and such come with the focus of breaking down our system and play defensive structures. All of those sides have troubled other top teams throughout the year.

The teams that we will be facing in the finals will be like us and will want to be backing in the system and processes that have got them into the finals. Yes, they will make minor adjustments to break us down but ultimately they will put trust in there gameplay. These are the sides that when we execute our gameplay we have troubled. I repeat, IF we make finals we will match up very well.
Exactly what I said to my dad when leaving the game.
The bottom teams sole purpose is to stop our game, the top teams will try to play their way which allows us to be more damaging and play to our style.

In what way does this season resemble anything we have seen over the last 20 years?

This is as close a season I have seen in my life.

The bottom teams sole purpose is to stop our game, the top teams will try to play their way which allows us to be more damaging and play to our style.

As a Liverpool supporter also, the parallels between the two teams are scary. And frustrating!

You are spot on.

The crap teams sole purpose is to stop a blowout. Thats how they structure up.

Just watched the BTV every goal from the first half and Tippa was directly involved in 6 of our 7 goals, either by kicking them (2) or assists (2 or 3) and pressure acts.
I was to busy being angry at the time to notice how influential he was.

It's a problem the club has had for years I'm convinced it's ingrained in the DNA and it's something we can never fix.
Easily fixed, lock them in a room for 12 hours watching replays of the Melb. and Bris. games followed by THAT scene from Deliverance.
Let them know if they repeat the first two they cop the latter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back