Review Round 19, 2016: Sandringham v Box Hill Hawks, 14 August 2016, 2.00pm @ Trevor Barker Beach Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

GeR9o2m.png

3cdUYou.png

One thing that stood out to me comparing Glass with JOR is around the ground when they're not in the contest.

Glass is bouncing around on his toes moving around the congestion. To me this shows he is readying himself to receive and quickly dispose of it effectively. This was evident one a few occasions where he was dished the ball out and under some pressure handpassed the ball off very effectively. It's small, but it's a great sign and something that someone of his experience doesn't normally do naturally.
EDIT: One negative for Glass, but I think this will come with time as he gains confidence, is he doesn't talk... at all. It's why he doesn't get much of the ball. Teammates don't know he's there. The BHH 2nds were fundamentally louder than their opposition yet Glass never once spoke.

JOR on the other hand was very reactive. This is because he's always flat-footed around the pack and watches what's happening instead of readying himself for getting the ball and moving it on cleanly. He just looks mentally slow, kind of like WX, but WX isn't a pure mid. The speed of the VFL looks right at his peak currently. If he can't adapt to an AFL pace within the next 12 months, he'll be ordering himself a lemon and sars.

Last edited:
So anyone that went able to comment on whether Schoey and Fitz forward helped give Timmy the space to get a run up for his big marks, or hold out opponents in the pack etc, or was it just a really good effort solo from Timmy?

So anyone that went able to comment on whether Schoey and Fitz forward helped give Timmy the space to get a run up for his big marks, or hold out opponents in the pack etc, or was it just a really good effort solo from Timmy?

Personally I didn't see Fitzy or Schoey specifically block their opponents for TOB, but maybe just being in the area gave him the confidence to fly for his marks. EDIT: Like you said e.g. create space.

In the game TOB wasn't being asked to play true KPF like he is in the AFL (because Schoey, Fitzy and Surman were playing with him) so maybe this has given him the freedom to play to his strengths (marking, mobility), and as such he took some great contested marks and overall had a great game.

Just my thoughts from what I saw.

Having 4 marking targets in the forward line was a bit like going back in time to last season. Of course with Fitz, Schoey and Surm, Sandy were stretched for defensive height but TOB took several big pack marks and copped more than his fair share of physical attention and double teaming. But he just shrugged it off.

I hope that was the break out game for him that we have all been looking for. If that was not his best game for BH then I could not name a better one.

So well done TOB he really stepped up when it counted.

Last edited:
Having 4 marking targets in eth forward line was a bit like going back in time to last season. Of course with Fitz, Schoey and Surm, Sandy were stretched for defensive height but TOB took several big pack marks and copped more than his fair share of physical attention and double teaming. But he just shrugged it off.

I hope that was the break out game for him that we have all been looking for. If that was not his best game for BH then I could not name a better one.

So well done TOB he really stepped up when it counted.

Certainly different to the practice match - earlier this year:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back