JJ
Hunt
Long
Waterman

Negative

Gaff....enough
Witherden.
Barrass carrying an injury
Cole looks like he did when we first started playing him.
Chesser. Back to the wafl for a stint.

Hewett ginbey and Hough have to come in for witherden and chesser. Play gaff as sub.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Noah Long. I dunno what to do with being a player sponsor for someone everyone is talking up; I usually try to sponsor the fringe losers and wasn't expecting him to show so much so early. But here we are.

Only 7 touches, but 5 contested and 4 score involvements. Puts himself in dangerous positions more often than not. Just makes s**t happen.

His tackles for a little bloke are bloody good. Cole could learn a thing or two here.

Now back off a few steps kents, he is mah boi

Noah Long. I dunno what to do with being a player sponsor for someone everyone is talking up; I usually try to sponsor the fringe losers and wasn't expecting him to show so much so early. But here we are.

Only 7 touches, but 5 contested and 4 score involvements. Puts himself in dangerous positions more often than not. Just makes s**t happen.

His tackles for a little bloke are bloody good. Cole could learn a thing or two here.

Now back off a few steps kents, he is mah boi
I think we need to be patient with all the young players - let them develop.

It is amazing all our "Negative Nellies"contributors in our build up threads don't have the heart to say " Well done Boys".
They are conspicuous by their absence.
It was well done - the game plan is obviously changing and we have some pace and run to allow it to. JJ and Hunt add to Kelly, Ryan and others.
The replay was enjoyable but we did ambush GWS in the second quarter and the other three were pretty even. I hope our fitness will be see as improved to match the run required. I say that because a few players looks exhausted in the second half but GWS may have structured better to hold the run.

I guess another observation is that so much run can expose our defence in an unaccustom way. I think they are smart enough to adapt though.

It was well done - the game plan is obviously changing and we have some pace and run to allow it to. JJ and Hunt add to Kelly, Ryan and others.
The replay was enjoyable but we did ambush GWS in the second quarter and the other three were pretty even. I hope our fitness will be see as improved to match the run required. I say that because a few players looks exhausted in the second half but GWS may have structured better to hold the run.

I guess another observation is that so much run can expose our defence in an unaccustom way. I think they are smart enough to adapt though.
I agree and I am surprised they could keep up with us after their brutal game last week.
Hats off to GWS as they really only lost one 1/4.
They travelled and had three core players injured so that takes a little gloss off....but not too much😁
We still have work to do to be able to pressurise for a full 4 quarters.

It is amazing all our "Negative Nellies"contributors in our build up threads don't have the heart to say " Well done Boys".
Yep, had to chuckle when Waterman ripped it up, has been much maligned on here and had some big games in the past..same with Cripps, he who nearly always bobs up for a goal or two, but they're cheap seagull goals by a lazy squib apparently?

Yep, had to chuckle when Waterman ripped it up, has been much maligned on here and had some big games in the past..same with Cripps, he who nearly always bobs up for a goal or two, but they're cheap seagull goals by a lazy squib apparently?
Mate, I hope Waterman has finally found his niche and gives us the same week after week.
I would love for him to become a backbone player for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh yes. One of those “there is nothing to be improved” types

I was so happy for both of them. Once Allen blows off the cobwebs the forward line looks good going forward.

I was so happy for both of them. Once Allen blows off the cobwebs the forward line looks good going forward.
He admitted was rusty, same last week. We should've been a few more goals up, Darling+Cripps missed a couple set shots each I think? But GWS came over depleted and lost a couple during the game, so they fought it out well. But that combo of Darling, Oscar and Waterman works well, with Waterman the more agile of the three.
There's a lot to take forward with this game, definitely tried out some new things.
Jones and SPS were revelations with their running capacity and pace. Where has that been?
Need to get Petch on board!

Negative

Nic Nat nearly done leaves so much bash and crash missing from our midfield

Positive

The amount of pain Ginbey, Culley and Hewett are going to be dishing out after he’s gone makes me smile

The Mighty Ducks Fist Bump GIF

Ball movement from defensive 50 was much better. The team looked to go forward instead in chipping side to side. Even when a turn over happened it was on the wing giving the defence more time to setup.

Collectively the small forwards SPS, Cripps, Ryan, and Long player well. Ryan's field kicking is exquisit.

Would be good to tell the midfield that Kennedy is no longer playing for us and so deliver fewer high balls in hoping for a contested mark. Darling, Allen and Waterman can all lead at speed. Hit that.

There’s some vocal critics of, for example, Simpson’s coaching and Waterman’s place on the list, that have been extremely quiet in the last 18 hours or so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back