Game Day Round 2, 2023: Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with George, and I'm usually more critical of the umpires than most. We had good calls in the first, Dogs had good calls in the second. It happens. We've had far more one sided umpiring against us in the past.

Were some soft? Sure. Were they there? For the most part, aside from Clark not falling in the back, yes.

Is Windy the sub? He has a sore hand, is there concerns about him being able to run out a game? I'd be having him start on the field and sit on Bont. OR - maybe we could get him on the field for Butler/Higgins subbed out and try him in the full forward position. We're missing a decent bodied guy there. If we have concerns about his gas tank, chuck him forward.

Keeping things in perspective, I’m hugely excited by what we’ve seen today. Hammer, Pou, Owens, Stocker all great.
Battle and Sincs incredible, Steele has lifted to his old standard.

Add in King and 5-7 others being available and another year or two under our belts and it’s an exciting core imo

Wasn't expecting a win, enjoy our play and we know our direction.
The game will get picked apart with so many kids in, but the gameplan is sound

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Keeping things in perspective, I’m hugely excited by what we’ve seen today. Hammer, Pou, Owens, Stocker all great.
Battle and Sincs incredible, Steele has lifted to his old standard.

Add in King and 5-7 others being available and another year or two under our belts and it’s an exciting core imo
100%, need to keep it in the front of minds what this season is really about, handing out some whoopings along the way is just a nice bonus.

I agree with George, and I'm usually more critical of the umpires than most. We had good calls in the first, Dogs had good calls in the second. It happens. We've had far more one sided umpiring against us in the past.

Were some soft? Sure. Were they there? For the most part, aside from Clark not falling in the back, yes.
It’s our fault for not adjusting to the current umpiring of the game. If they’re quite sensitive on the threshold for paying frees and you keep doing it we’re only to blame.

Use your brain and assess what’s happening in the game and adjust.

I have hope and it's ******* glorious. Please give me 15 years of injury free Pou. There is so much to like here. Nail another draft and we are well and truly on.

Hope we activate the sub sooner rather then later. If it was me i am tagging Smith with Windhager. Regardless he's to good to not be out there.

I'd pull the trigger on Windhager as sub early in the 3rd quarter if our midfield look like being beaten like they were in the last 10 minutes.

Get him in there before it's too late, he will give us a lift.

It’s our fault for not adjusting to the current umpiring of the game. If they’re quite sensitive on the threshold for paying frees and you keep doing it we’re only to blame.

Use your brain and assess what’s happening in the game and adjust.
Naughton's 'mark' in first quarter in front of goal???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to clean up our set shots and clean up a little first touch/one touch pick up and go skills. Watching the Collingwood game earlier and it's just silky smooth, they're the benchmark at the minute.

Thought we'd get run over at this point last week but we took it up a notch and ran over the top of Freo. No idea what the Dogs fitness is like but we've gotta keep trusting the run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back