Autopsy Round 2, 2023: Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

It'll be interesting to see what difference the saints fittness regime will make to him.
Unless the Saints jumper is flattering him Cords is in the shape of his life. Smaller in the guts and bigger in the upper arms. Another knock on his time with us was that he wasn't in the best shape.

Fair play to the saints fan getting in 4 renditions of the song before the final siren, absolutely owned Marvel tonight
yeah there was a group of lads a few bays from us on the western side who got it going , a lot joined in

He has been far better, but he's suddenly got 21 other blokes staying in games around him. His lift has been matched by those around him. It's great to see.

No doubt he's working hard. I just think Ratts' didn't do most of these guys any favours. He was a star at freo... now ratts' leaves, and he's great again.

I know we’re only two games in but Bevo is a premiership coach and Ross just gave him an absolute bath, nobody else should be considered to be our next coach for the next 15 years. The last decade should be enough evidence for that.
They are baying for Bevo’s head on the dogs board. Not just because of this loss, but they’re saying there are real problems down at the kennel.

Reminds me of us at the end of both the Richardson and Ratten eras.

Unless the Saints jumper is flattering him Cords is in the shape of his life. Smaller in the guts and bigger in the upper arms. Another knock on his time with us was that he wasn't in the best shape.
It seems to be the case that as a group the Saints running ability is at the top end of the league. Cordy was lapped 15 times in the 3k time trial, which also happened to Doogie Howard when we transferred over.
They are baying for Bevo’s head on the dogs board. Not just because of this loss, but they’re saying there are real problems down at the kennel.

Reminds me of us at the end of both the Richardson and Ratten eras.
I think they're right to feel that way. Dogs have been bleeding staff and players since their Premiership and are a shadow of their former selves. Time for a rebuild.

Cordy will never be a star but he is proving everyone that whinged about his recruitment wrong

He’s doing exactly what he was recruited for, filling a hole.

Doubt he will always get a game but it’s good to know that if we have injuries there’s a guy there that can compete at either end of the ground.

Ideally we would love some of our young key position to make it but they were never going to be ready this year.

It seems to be the case that as a group the Saints running ability is at the top end of the league. Cordy was lapped 15 times in the 3k time trial, which also happened to Doogie Howard when we transferred over.

I think they're right to feel that way. Dogs have been bleeding staff and players since their Premiership and are a shadow of their former selves. Time for a rebuild.
Let's no get too cocky just yet, we haven't achieved anything at this point in time, but hopefully we will soon then we can go hard at them

Let's no get too cocky just yet, we haven't achieved anything at this point in time, but hopefully we will soon then we can go hard at them
I don't care about bagging other teams, it was an honest appraisal. I wouldn't mind if Windy Hill spontaneously combusted or a sink hole opened up under Optus Oval, but that's all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are probably hanging out for the return of King, Hayes, even Membrey ( not so tall) more so than we are.
I felt for Higgins. He was playing on two guys a foot taller than him, and was being scragged a lot...yet the free kicks were going against him. Naturally, I can only see the game on TV, but to me it looked like the Dogs were putting a bit of effort in minimising his impact, which then left Caminiti & Pou to cut loose. Butler I know cops grief, and in many cases some of it is deserved, but I actually liked his game further up field. Not everything he did paid off, but he ran the flanks and boundary line to draw players out of the forward line a lot, and also presented an option on several occasions down the wings, for some good use. It was a different look, and it could be a good one.
If Essendon inevitably put more time into our young forwards this week, it may give Higgo the space to kick a couple. We know he's able. We'll need our onball crew to hit the board as well.

I'm not sold on him still but he's been a very serviceable- in the last game particularly. He could be a Rossy special type of role playing foot soldier
and have long career at the Saints still. I'm kind of hoping that we find some higher ceiling talls but you'd hate to not have him at the moment.
Fair enough, but is an upgrade on Joyce at the very very least

I get what you're saying & we probably shouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves but I see it as achieving 100% of our objectives so far or 8.6% of the 23 Home & Away rounds or invigorating the members & fans alike & just putting a big smile back on my face.

Got to the Saints and was half a lap behind the group in 400 metre runs. Saw him in November and he was 75 metres behind, after the Xmas break he was still at the back, but only 5 metres or so. Must have worked his arse off over Christmas.

Two weeks back he was just one of the group, not lagging. His fitness levels have risen in direct response to the makeup of our group.

We have 12 who can run under 10 minute 3k time trials another 10 just outside the 10 minute mark. We have have some endurance beasts. Stocker and Cordy both struggled early. Surprisingly enough Camaniti was already right up there for fitness.

I felt for Higgins. He was playing on two guys a foot taller than him, and was being scragged a lot...yet the free kicks were going against him. Naturally, I can only see the game on TV, but to me it looked like the Dogs were putting a bit of effort in minimising his impact, which then left Caminiti & Pou to cut loose. Butler I know cops grief, and in many cases some of it is deserved, but I actually liked his game further up field. Not everything he did paid off, but he ran the flanks and boundary line to draw players out of the forward line a lot, and also presented an option on several occasions down the wings, for some good use. It was a different look, and it could be a good one.
If Essendon inevitably put more time into our young forwards this week, it may give Higgo the space to kick a couple. We know he's able. We'll need our onball crew to hit the board as well.
100% this. Higgo is eating the big D for the team right now.

100% this. Higgo is eating the big D for the team right now.
Go watch Higgo when Gresh gets paid the free kick for our last goal

He puts up his hand thinking that he would get the free and when it goes to Gresh he shows immediate disappointment

Whilst he is obviously frustrated .... it was a pretty bad look ..... seemingly it is all about him and not about the team just having a cracking win over 50pts

Think RTB and him need to have a talk

Mason Wood had 4-5 perfect kicks out of D50 to release the pressure valve on Saturday night. Those kicks were pin point. Makes you realise how important a precise kick in defence is. NWM, Webster, Sinclair, Battle all great field kicks.

We've all of a sudden ended up a team of pretty good kicks in it. Can't think of too many I don't trust the ball with currently.

It’s very simple, get the ball in the hands of the best users and see what happans. Kick ins reserved for Sinclair and NAS, I’d let Wilkie do some but that’s it.
Stocker is taking a few

Remove this Banner Ad

Back