Round 2 Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Thursday night game :(

The good news is that Melbourne play late in the round so keeping Smith as a loophole player could be a good idea, Adelaide play Saturday afternoon so chuck the E on Otten and loophole him with Stewart who plays on Sunday.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-27/star-swan-dane-rampe-sidelined-with-broken-arm

Longmire said that draftee Will Hayward and defender Nic Newman are in line to replace Robinson, with the recently upgraded Shaun Edwards and rookie Robbie Fox also sure to be looked at.

Jarrad McVeigh (calf) and Isaac Heeney (glandular fever) are no chance to return, while Longmire said small forward Tom Papley (knee) needs some time in the reserves before he can press his case for a senior call-up, after an interrupted pre-season.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-27/star-swan-dane-rampe-sidelined-with-broken-arm

Another Thursday night game :(

The good news is that Melbourne play late in the round so keeping Smith as a loophole player could be a good idea, Adelaide play Saturday afternoon so chuck the E on Otten and loophole him with Stewart who plays on Sunday.

If he was a midfielder maybe. But given how bad otten, hampton and hibberd went putting yourself at risk of having no cover.

If he was a midfielder maybe. But given how bad otten, hampton and hibberd went putting yourself at risk of having no cover.
Obviously if some of the other crud back rookies get dropped then it's not going to work. Think Stewart and Hampton are safe, Otten, probably not so much and I reckon Hibberd is gone. Looks like the extra investment in Marchbank could be a season saver for many, people rolling with five basement priced back rookies could be in a fair bit of trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

inb4 locked, Jiska doesn't like when the round discussion threads are made before Wednesday.
New year, new beginnings?

on topic, Butler will score well again, Pies defence is terrible, expect turnovers galore so it'll suit him. 60-80 locked

Obviously if some of the other crud back rookies get dropped then it's not going to work. Think Stewart and Hampton are safe, Otten, probably not so much and I reckon Hibberd is gone. Looks like the extra investment in Marchbank could be a season saver for many, people rolling with five basement priced back rookies could be in a fair bit of trouble.

Yep. Knew it was risky but went for it anyway. Hindsight says I should have gone with option B which was 4 premos marchbank and 3 of the 5 but I didnt like how the rest of the team was affected with all the money tied up in defence. .

Yep. Knew it was risky but went for it anyway. Hindsight says I should have gone with option B which was 4 premos marchbank and 3 of the 5 but I didnt like how the rest of the team was affected with all the money tied up in defence. .
Three premos and Marchbank could work, I think Hampton and Stewart will be given a decent run, might be a bit thin on the pine though.

I'm going to re-structure my backline big time. Maybe bring in a mid-pricer and then a premium the weak after that to accommodate the number of weak rookies down there.

Wonder how the bloke running a 0 premo, 6 rookie defense structure is travelling
66384820.jpg

Port Adelaide FC‏Verified account @PAFC
NB: Robbie played a slightly different role, deeper forward, which makes it difficult to get as much of the ball. He played his role
Excuses, excuses. Problem is that they beat Sydney using him up forward which could mean that they do it again.
I'd be a bit worried if I had Gray in my team. Still hold him though.

Hampton & Otten(if they play) could get a few points against Hawthorn.
We weren't quite switched on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back