Trades Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Who goes first balta or brander !!
I dont know Brander, but Balta potentially back in if we need a tall backman and/or ruckman. They must think pretty highly if they gave him a round 1 gig and named him in the presser for potential Rance replacement. But of course I back a Tiger, I dont know Brander at all.

Scully has been named too. Wonder who that'll affect in the Hawks midfield? Worp, Cousins, Morrison (probably him)?

Scully is a pure outside mid though.

I'm just going: Balta --> Miers

Can't afford Parker as much as I'd like him

Then over the next day or so I'll decide whether to trade Merrett to Scott or Hore to the new Melbourne player

For the Merrett trades, I read somewhere he had a virus in the first round and was playing through that. He gets another round for me this week, but gees if you are going to Rocky then....

For the Merrett trades, I read somewhere he had a virus in the first round and was playing through that. He gets another round for me this week, but gees if you are going to Rocky then....

I didn't view the game, did he play more forward or did he just not really get into it?

This goes against my insticts but i'm chasing Rocky this week. Rookies can get fixed up next round. Hore and Balta are decent chances to come back into the side anyway and I don't like many of the options for rookies from last week. May aswell give em a week to breath
Yeah Rocky going to make more cash than any rookie you bring in this week anyway. No point chasing rookies for the sake of it as they’re all as likely to be dropped as the ones given the boot this week. As long as you’ve got the big 3 mids and JClark/Scrimshaw that’s probably all you can do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Rocky going to make more cash than any rookie you bring in this week anyway. No point chasing rookies for the sake of it as they’re all as likely to be dropped as the ones given the boot this week. As long as you’ve got the big 3 mids and JClark/Scrimshaw that’s probably all you can do

Hmm yeah I'm keen to get Rocky this week too based on this. At the expense of Cripps though - is that a worthwhile trade?

Balta to Schulz...hope Schulz actually plays.

Will stick with Hore and Collins as my sub defence, and bring Scrimshaw onto D6.

Going to hold Balta for a week. Schultz is the only one that interests me and he's on the extended bench. I'm sure he'll play but its another risk. Gives another week to view the forward rookies. Balta could potentially come back depending on how their defence holds up tonight.

Ridley -> Wilkie I'll almost certainly do. Think he's the pick of that cheaper lot. Although Hunter Clark and Nick Coffield could maybe take his spot. Mature age though and showed some signs last week from all reports.

Next trade gets tougher. Still thinking maybe doing Brayshaw -> Rocky and grab the value. Frees me up 244k for trades over the next few weeks.

So I’m locking in Perryman > Markov and am able to loop him through Ridley (need to get the Pig in ASAP).

Interestingly 9 news Adelaide just said a crows midfielder is in doubt, in that case I somewhat hope it’s Brad Crouch so I can go him to Rocky rather than Brayshaw.

Going to hold Balta for a week. Schultz is the only one that interests me and he's on the extended bench. I'm sure he'll play but its another risk. Gives another week to view the forward rookies. Balta could potentially come back depending on how their defence holds up tonight.

Ridley -> Wilkie I'll almost certainly do. Think he's the pick of that cheaper lot. Although Hunter Clark and Nick Coffield could maybe take his spot. Mature age though and showed some signs last week from all reports.

Next trade gets tougher. Still thinking maybe doing Brayshaw -> Rocky and grab the value. Frees me up 244k for trades over the next few weeks.
I'm warming to Brayshaw > Rocky now due to the cash generation, given that both Balta and Hore are out...

So did I but apparently it's just hammy 'awareness' - who the **** came up with that term by the way?

Only meant to miss this week

I’m aware of my hammies every time I stretch or go for a run.....

Essendon supporters are going nuts on their board because Ridley was dropped :tearsofjoy:
Ridley, Perryman and Balta out...gonna sit on Balta and workout Ridley and Perryman in the next 24hrs.
Haha yes I just read the last two pages on melts on the Rd2 teams thread on the Bombers board..

The question is, do we keep Ridley or cut our losses? Consensus seems to be he was one of their standouts over the JLT & Rd 1. Surely he will be back, but its a lot of cash to have $300k sitting on the pine for more than 1 game. Not sure I can handle the uncertainty.

I'm now thinking either Ridley -> Wilkie and then upgrading Libba -> Rocky, or alternately Libba -> Atkins so I can move Constable on field, then upgrade Ridley -> Lloyd. Meanings its out of:

Wilkie/Scrimshaw (50) + Rocky (110) = 160pts by my estimates. More cash gen with Constable on the bench.
vs
Lloyd (108) + Constable (70) = 178pts average by my estimates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back