Autopsy Round 20, 2021: Hawks roll the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

That was good
Energy disappeared once punky got hurt and then Lewis left
Scrapped over in the end but still a win

Wingard looked very emotional
Is that clarkos last game

Bossed the game for three quarters, and boys tired a bit and lost a bit of structure with Breust and Lewis going down.

Young sides will have the ups and downs, but had some really good development from the young lads.

Fingers crossed Breust is ok and just jarred his knee.

...I think what that demonstrated is for the past few seasons we've had a group that can be over-run for one quarter of each game. I think that dosen't have much to do with the Coaching, and everything to do with a developing team. I was thinking today was a good sign for the future, to knuckle down and send Clarko out with wins against the top 8 sides we play in preparation for the future.
But the inability to stop that run on from the Lions took the shine off it for me.

Anyone got any idea what Clarko was going crook about? I think there were a few occasions on the wing where we should have taking the ball over the line to kill the clock?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win, albeit the huge injury induced fade out that gave me palpitations.

Some good signs again from a range of young players. Downside was Breust injury of course.

The Nash experiment has become the Nash midfield experience. Today seems close to what folks were describing his work in the mid at Box Hill.

The following stats, sorted by tackles, with his numbers pretty impressive. Plus 12 contested possessions out of that 23 disposals.

1627801439555.png

Edit: JOM and Wingard amazing work today as well. Well done boys.

tenor.gif

stop it!

Great win, albeit the huge injury induced fade out that gave me palpitations.

Some good signs again from a range of young players. Downside was Breust injury of course.

The Nash experiment has become the Nash midfield experience. Today seems close to what folks were describing his work in the mid at Box Hill.

The following stats, sorted by tackles, with his numbers pretty impressive. Plus 12 contested possessions out of that 23 disposals.

View attachment 1193213

Edit: JOM and Wingard amazing work today as well. Well done boys.
Wasn't just Nash's best game for us, was better than every other game he's played combined.

May he back it up....

This game shows two things.

1) Clarkson is the best modern era coach in his ability to pick the right match ups against any team. His ability to motivate is second to none.

2) Mitchell's ability to develop players and identify best use cases is exciting. Reeves going from a nepotism selection to showing signs of a potential star ruckman with pinpoint tap work, Nash going from a failed import to a bonafide midfielder.

Down week but I think our future is in good hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back