Game Day Round 21, 2016 - Brisbane Lions vs Carlton

Status
Not open for further replies.
i feel we can win today although i have thought that a few times this last 2 years and had my illusions shattered.

after the last few weeks you would think it can't get any worse but a big loss to an out of form blues would be the worst of the year.

come on boys, show us some grit, determination and a hunger for the contest.

It's a beautiful day for afternoon footy. Just wish Domino's hadn't closed up shop at the ground

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hopefully the footy gods accept my sacrifice from yesterday and give us a win. Something in the wind tells me though that today is going to be a very good day indeed.

Looking at our side for this week, something I haven't had a good look at until now, we have gone in very tall. Perhaps Josh Clayton should have come in to make his debut in place of Hammer. We have Merrett, Andrews, Close, Gardiner, Hammelmann, Hipwood, Walker, Martin and Smith. That is 9 taller types. The Blues have 8 taller types but 3 of the 8 are agile with an ability to play tall or small whereas we only have one taller type with that ability in Gardiner. I think we will be quite slow today and the Blues have some quick players in Armfield, Buckley, Boekhorst and Cunningham. Anyway we'll see how it pans out.

Last edited:
Apparently Hammelman will be tested up forward today. Hoping he may snatch a goal or two

My son has bailed on me, so that leaves with Chief and his tribe of Bluebaggers in making. God help me.

Go Lions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back