Autopsy Round 21, 2023 : Hawks roast the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

So many great moments in this game..

One of, if not the best was when the boys went into bat for Finn and the Pies got the 2nd goal from the free..

Honestly, i thought they might grab momentum in that moment...

Instead we held it together, and we march out of the middle for a quick reply.. The lads are growing and developing very, very nicely.
And the best bit is that it was Seamus who said to himself "**** you you smarmy little prick, have some jumper punches!"

And the best bit is that it was Seamus who said to himself "* you you smarmy little prick, have some jumper punches!"

I felt disappointed for Seamus today
Second week in a row where he was subbed out and I don’t think he was impressed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stunning game by our young side. So good to see us being physical, ruthless and backing in the skills. We knew exactly where to look to change the angles all day and carved them up.

So nice to see a tough physical hawks side for the first time in years - loved that!

I think bringing Ryan in and selecting 3 tall forwards was just huge for our structure and stopped the ball just zooming back out of our 50 like it has so often this year. Some of the contests with Ryan/Kosi/Lewis up forward were brutal and our smalls were always ready to pounce. Allowing Lewis to push hard up the ground is obviously the way to go , just opened up so much space for us up forward and Ryan kept the defence accountable. This is the way to go - I think we’ve finally found it!

Are you saying that the coach of the football club knows more about coaching than the ramblings of the keyboard warriors on here? I for one am shocked
After the crap that was dished out when the team was announced on Thursday night, I hope there's a few around here that are happy to eat humble pie. Maybe our coaches know a little more than we do

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Rock Clapping GIF

I hope Peter Daicos knows he has three sons now.

Just caught the replay on Kayo. Probably best win of the year.

In control for the entire game and not losing focus after the soft Daicos free/goal.

Midfield torched the Pies.

Can’t wait until we play like that week in week out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back