Game Day Round 21 - Melbourne v St Kilda, Sunday 13th August, 1:10pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Kilda have been utterly deplorable for half the game and they're within 2 goals...

We put the cue in the rack at half time. *******s.

More like quarter time. Should have piled on more in the second quarter when the Saints couldn't hit a target to save their lives.

Billings needed to compensate for the parallax error.

In between shifts at work, wtf has happened? Looks like we've gotten nothing from our forwards aside from Harmes, are they playing bad or is th delivery bad?

Yes.

Garlett, Weideman and Hannan have hardly been sighted, and our kicking has been substandard as usual. Harmes hasn't done much after the first quarter, either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is all on us changing the way we play. Instead of continuing on how we were playing in the first half we start playing conservative, defensive football. As soon as we start defending a lead we are shithouse. Good wins big challenge is getting in the players heads to be able to hunt the opposition regardless of the score.

It seems like every team just switches to a man on man - zone hybrid and we just can move the ball. Seriously, it just looks the same setup from every team. I feel like I am watching the port game all over again. Maybe Goodwin can't coach, I couldn't believe people suggesting that earlier in the year but I'm starting to wonder.

Players do look complacent though or knackerwd... maybe it just makes it look that way.

In between shifts at work, wtf has happened? Looks like we've gotten nothing from our forwards aside from Harmes, are they playing bad or is th delivery bad?
Bit of both, but our forwards haven't taken advantage of the opportunities that have been on the table, so there is plenty of space to lift from here.

We really needed that first goal of the quarter when we had run but that blind airy handball by Lewis when he should have kicked and that rediculous precision pass attempt by Vince in defence stunted our momentum. Bordering on lairising by both of them.

Throw in more over hand-balling, a bit of fatigue, looking for passes not there and we could lose this comfortably.

Looking at Viney and Jones co-captains to lead by example this final quarter.

Gawn just needs to thump it 10m forward every time, their mids are on top and are picking off the deft taps

Keep its simple FFS.

This is all on us changing the way we play. Instead of continuing on how we were playing in the first half we start playing conservative, defensive football. As soon as we start defending a lead we are shithouse. Good wins big challenge is getting in the players heads to be able to hunt the opposition regardless of the score.

Yup. It's incredible how poorly we play when expectation is on us.

We need something from Trac, Jeffy and Hannan ... they're all dangerous forwards, any time they're ready to get dangerous would be great.

First goal of this qrt is huge
And no chance of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back