Game Day Round 22, 2021: Geelong v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The game appears to be an opportunity, with Geelong missing a few important players.

Having said that I see Geelong as flag favourites and think they will assert that tonight. Very important game for them with top two up for grabs.

Would love a good competitive game. Need to stick with them early and improve our centre bounce work, where we were killed last week.

The game appears to be an opportunity, with Geelong missing a few important players.

Having said that I see Geelong as flag favourites and think they will assert that tonight. Very important game for them with top two up for grabs.

Would love a good competitive game. Need to stick with them early and improve our centre bounce work, where we were killed last week.
Have to agree with all of this, I see the cats as favourites too. Have an uneasy feeling today that Hawkins might get hold of us and kick a bag. 😟 As you say centre clearances will be very important!

Have to agree with all of this, I see the cats as favourites too. Have an uneasy feeling today that Hawkins might get hold of us and kick a bag. 😟 As you say centre clearances will be very important!

We have to win the midfield, lose that and we lose the game. We have a good mid set up on paper and if they show up that's not impossible but paper sides don't win matches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the first quarter/half is going to be the key in this game.
We need to hit them hard physically and on the scoreboard so they go into protection mode with finals coming up (they've been hit by a few injuries, can't afford any more or it will derail their campaign). If they do that, we could run over them in the 2nd half.
The last thing I want to see is them being able to put their queue in the rack in the 2nd half, benching their stars, while we get a few consolation goals.

This is the type of game we will win or lose. We never have a draw when I want it. Saints to go to the wrong ground. Geelong by forfeit.
I agree. We always lose these sorts of games, except when we win them.
Hannebery to have 30 possessions, King to take 30 marks and kick 20 goals and the Saints to win by 300.

I see the South Melbourne markets reopened after a covid scare, get on down for some dimmies, a side of VB and some fried chicken for dessert. Food for the mind, body, soul and beergut. A breakfast of champions. Should set you up beautifully for the day.
I know that's a Plugger specific reference but my morning begun quite like this. Few snags and lamb chops for brekky, have started on the Carlton's. Decent day out, Saints playing this arvo, and in lockdown. Decent way to spend my Saturday, considering.

On the game, I have a gut feeling King will be a late out, although I really hope not. Both for structure and so he can have his redemption game against the Cats, much like Higgins against the Swans last week.

Stewart a big out for them. My heart says Saints by 1 in a thriller. The head says Geelong to step it up rolling into finals and get us by 35.

Go Saints.

Tom Stewart is a massive out for them
Danger could be a late out and Cameron is being managed through his comeback.
No Duncan either
We have a good chance.

But we won’t be making finals.

Depends how they go defensively, most of their outs are from that space.

You expect to lose the midfield to lose any sort of potential for that to exploit, but it's doable, just everything would need to go perfectly and it never does.

Looking forward to this game and I'm actually happy that Joyce is back in as I've been saying all year we have been a tall defender short (no pun) all season.

It was great to see Marshall play like he was post Ryder and actually dropping back into defence to take marks. I mentioned that stat the other week with regards to our ruck man only taking 9 marks combined in D50 compared to Gawn/Grundy etc doing 40 plus.

Look's like the coaches took note and adjusted (props).

It's a do or die game and I'm hoping if Max plays that he has an impact, no point rolling him out on one leg. Even if we win both no guarantee of finals.

Stewart is a huge out for them as he organises that whole backline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back