Autopsy Round 22, 2021: Geelong v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Really poor from Ratten today. Solid performance but never looked like winning despite being up 5 goals early. Our chances went with Max going down.

But at least we aren't Carlton.

I like it that we teased to the very end, 5 goals up against the best side in the comp, well done sainters. 👍
Umps murdered us again, Selwood shouldn’t have played, Hawkins won’t get suspended...
How good is footy?
Can anyone explain how blicsavs throwing the ball away wasn’t a 50?

Not competitive enough for long enough. Too much pulling the head back into the shell when things get tough. Not good enough when it counted.
Sounds like our whole year. What a wasteee

First game of the year I haven't sat through. Knew the script early the 3rd and switched off. Was spot on in the end.

Probably would have won all things being even but I'm not too fussed, finals aren't happening so may as well capitalise in the draft and reload.
Hope King and Joyce are OK.

If we're to move forward as a team, we need to get rid of Seb Ross and Dunstan. Both massive liabilities on field and just constantly kill momentum, Ross in particular is great at that.
Kent needs to go, hopefully his contract is up I can't remember. Wouldn't mind Webster moving on, too.

None of these guys are game winners, and some are game losers.

Can't even be mad that Billings is injured, I doubt he would have made any difference to tonights game, he's as vanilla as it gets. Time to remove more of Cho's Heroes.

If max king doesn’t get injured we probably win that game, completely threw us off. Very similar to how Marshall got injured the last time we played them and it threw out of structure. Oh well, our season was pretty much lost before this game anyway.

Hitouts to advantage 8-18. Clearances 30-41.

Roma had a really ordinary day overall (9 touches, 1 mark) and his ruckwork doesn’t look to have improved one bit, despite Ryder teaching him for 2 years.

Comprehensively beaten by Stanley is embarrassing when you consider ruck is Geelong’s clear weakness and they’re reluctant to even play him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Byrnes, Connolly, now Sharman - if 2021's been good for anything it's unearthed some real diamond in the rough type picks.

Not the season we were hoping for, but we've fought through some real adversity. Things were definitely looking up at the end of the year but we left our run too late. Hopefully it puts a bit of fire into us for next season.

Really poor from Ratten today. Solid performance but never looked like winning despite being up 5 goals early. Our chances went with Max going down.

But at least we aren't Carlton.
Why Ratten ?

Played pretty well, our midfield can't compete with the better teams.

Sinclair has become elite. Kicking is ridiculous.

Kicking is almost too elite, twice he mopped up mess in the goal square to lace it out to Kent and Byrnes who promptly dropped it and resulted in goals haha. In all seriousness he has taken his game to a new level. One of our most important.

Hitouts to advantage 8-18. Clearances 30-41.

Roma had a really ordinary day overall (9 touches, 1 mark) and his ruckwork doesn’t look to have improved one bit, despite Ryder teaching him for 2 years.
Gone backwards big time - Nothing like the player that broke out a few years ago

In big moments our ball use kills us... time and time again. Dunstan going inside 50. Yet another shocker from howard etc etc

The decision to not play Bytel was atrocious.

There's been a lot of talk about Hind. Would i swap Sinclair for him?... no way. Would i swap Hill for him right now playing that position? yes.. yes i would. Hill isn't a defender.

On a positive note.

I think we've got the best key forward since Buddy. I honestly do.

We've also got easily one of the best mids in the comp.

Sinclair has become one of my favourite players. He's becoming a gun.

I think Sharman has a lot of potential.

Frustrating season. Frustrating as hell.

But we've got some real talent.

Clearly the club isn't going to move Ratts on so i hope we have a great pre season and get back on track next year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back