Autopsy Round 22, 2021: Geelong v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Did ok with the cattle we had. Ross and Dunstan need to go.
Kent lol.
Hill laughing with opposition after the siren makes me see red.
Better last 6 weeks, building something.
Nearly broke the TV
Gee that just rubbish

Hitouts to advantage 8-18. Clearances 30-41.

Roma had a really ordinary day overall (9 touches, 1 mark) and his ruckwork doesn’t look to have improved one bit, despite Ryder teaching him for 2 years.
Ryder needs to work harder at teaching then. That's what we got him to the club for

Byrnes, Connolly, now Sharman - if 2021's been good for anything it's unearthed some real diamond in the rough type picks.

Not the season we were hoping for, but we've fought through some real adversity. Things were definitely looking up at the end of the year but we left our run too late. Hopefully it puts a bit of fire into us for next season.
Byrnes did have a stinker tonight though but wasn’t the only one. Need more contributors

This side has gone past the early richo era players.

Sharman has been an excellent pickup
How good is it having a bloke who can find space inside 50 and stick marks??? Bloke is such a natural forward, have a feeling he'll be a tremendous long term player for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually really impressed. Sharman Byrnes Connolly and Highmore all great finds. King gone to another level. We shot ourselves in the foot this year but I'm glad we didn't give it away after we lost to the Crows. No finals but a few to look forward to.

I like it that we teased to the very end, 5 goals up against the best side in the comp, well done sainters. 👍
Umps murdered us again, Selwood shouldn’t have played, Hawkins won’t get suspended...
How good is footy?
Can anyone explain how blicsavs throwing the ball away wasn’t a 50?
Everyone associated with umpiring can get stuffed.
That first 3 quarters was the most overumpired garbage you could see. Whistle after whistle, gave me a headache.
The worst thing about umpiring these days is the absence of the words "Nothing in it, play on". You get geezers like Ray trying to pick out the most abstract frees from as far a way as possible, just because he can and he thinks that's what he gets paid for.
It's not about who can spot the most frees geezer, it's who can officiate footy in a fun but fair way. If a fingernail clips an ear, play the f' on. If the rucks want to block each other, play the f' on. If there's a kick near hands but it's not dangerous play the f' on.

The exception is holding the ball where they let it all go, leaving the team that's tackling a man or two down so when the tacklee throws it out illegally it inevitably finds a teammate.

Hitouts to advantage 8-18. Clearances 30-41.

Roma had a really ordinary day overall (9 touches, 1 mark) and his ruckwork doesn’t look to have improved one bit, despite Ryder teaching him for 2 years.

Comprehensively beaten by Stanley is embarrassing when you consider ruck is Geelong’s clear weakness and they’re reluctant to even play him.

Hill and Roma probably had their worst game for the year at the worst possible time.

We will never be any good with Ross - Dunstan - Kent in our side

Dunstan has be ok last part of the year but gets found out against the good teams and Kent is just not an AFL player

Why Ratten ?

5 goal lead let slip (Albeit very early)
Put no time into danger
More red time goals
After Geelong chipped it around for 3 minutes at the end we still had Ross on Danger.

I like Ratts, but reckon he gets outcoached a bit still. Geelong controlled the game from qtr time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back