• It will be a tie on this occasion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think everybody will just have a nice time

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If I'm honest, I completely forgot until my dear friend Scythe94 reminded me.

But don't work, A11 - I'll post a preview of review on another occasion. :love:

Nice time leading the poll. We have our priorities right as a board.

Win and I’m convinced it’s our flag. Lose and it’s another year wasted.

I don't see it is as black and white as that,
1. we could win but it could be a loss moving forward if our method sucks and we stick with a horrible forward structure just cause we win.
2. we could lose playing well and just run into a team who is hot and plays great on the night.
3. we could lose coz our method and forward structure sucks forcing us to make adjustments over the next couple of weeks and win the flag.

Genuinely excited, huge match, not the end of the world if we lose, but win and I'll be seriously convinced we can go all the way.

Dees by 17, Melk with 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is where we find out if one of these teams is a pretender.
It is important for Carlton too.

Reasonably confident of a win here. Cerra, Walsh and to a lesser extent Kennedy are significant outs. Our midfield is superior and should overwhelm them over the course of the night. May to subdue Curnow again. Lever to have a big night. Clarry 20 touches and a cuppla chest bumps with Tracc.

Bigger banana skin is Hawthorn next weekend imo. Young talented side playing with joy and freedom under Mitchell. Danger game written all over it.

Last edited:
Not that I want to see a loss but if we do lose a game I would rather lose to hawthorn than Carlton as hawthorn aren't a a threat. Not sure if hawthorn will be at their best with draft position on the line. Sydney might be tough with potential finals to play for but our record is pretty good at the scg.

Decoy Brodie plays like a decoy and i’m very confident about this game and our season going forward. If he doesn’t, and Max is made to rest up there, i’m scared

I don't see it is as black and white as that,
1. we could win but it could be a loss moving forward if our method sucks and we stick with a horrible forward structure just cause we win.
2. we could lose playing well and just run into a team who is hot and plays great on the night.
3. we could lose coz our method and forward structure sucks forcing us to make adjustments over the next couple of weeks and win the flag.
Yes with your rationality but the emotional high/low of beating or losing to Carlton is far more influential wrt my mental state

That being said, I think if we’re serious we don’t lose. On paper we have everything needed to take away the strengths which Carlton have relied upon to hit form. If they manage to get on top of us anyway it doesn’t bode well. And I find it difficult to see Goody making any short term adjustments on top of the overall changes already made this year. Seems like last year they’ll back in what they’ve decided upon by this time of the year, and only change it in the last five minutes of a final when the game is almost completely lost

I think if we win playing ugly it’ll just show that we’ve got a clear wood on Carlton structurally and know that we don’t have to reveal too much to beat them. Like in 2021 we’ve relied heavily on not having to play four quarters to win games this year, but they switched on during finals.

May plays well and Curnow shouldn’t be kicking more than two goals. And Carlton aren’t kicking a winning score without him.

Even if May has a mare you’d hope that our midfield is at the very least capable of stepping up and breaking even with theirs (if we don’t just beat them in the middle because our kids fail to rock up again) and preventing them from getting the advantage the rest of their pretty average forward line should need to get on top of our defence.

If we lose it’ll have to be a horrific night for our forward line, or a shootout where we get belted in the midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back