Preview Changes/Preview round 22 v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to the bottle-o after work and a dees supporter in there noticed my beanie and before you know it we're chatting about whether it can work with Grundy up forward, can't get away from it! Cmon Brodie, do something!
What conclusion did you come to?

Weirdly kind of prefer we lose this one, our streak is going on 5 years now? The longer it goes the more anxious I get.

Id prefer we won and if the streak went on for another 10 years Toump.

We gonna win by 4 goals.

Blues will get on a run at some point in the 2nd or 3rd quarter, we will peg them back then overrun them in the last.

We could have Jake Spencer at FF and still win

I've gone into the last 4 weeks confident that we would win those games.

Tomorrow night, not so much. Just think Carlton are in super form and thr inclusion of Grundy just think it's going to undo all our good work having Gawn as our main solo ruck.

We gonna win by 4 goals.

Blues will get on a run at some point in the 2nd or 3rd quarter, we will peg them back then overrun them in the last.

We could have Jake Spencer at FF and still win
Wasn't Jake Spencer playing as a key forward in 2018 when we beat the Eagles over there?

Looked it up. Apparently I imagined this.

Wasn't Jake Spencer playing as a key forward in 2018 when we beat the Eagles over there?
Good memory but that was a preseason game in 2017 i think at ye old Subi

The Stencil played at FF for a good patch when we won in Geelong in 2015. Took a ripper grab and goaled in the first quarter IIRC

Na, apparently I got the game wrong. Must have been a different year and we lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weirdly kind of prefer we lose this one, our streak is going on 5 years now? The longer it goes the more anxious I get.
Haven't lost to them since 2016 👍

Haven't lost to them since 2016 👍
Furstrating thing to, we shouldn't have lost to them in 2015 or 2016. Especially 2015. Streak should go back to 2013, but it's whateves

Anyways i like our history with Carlton, i don't know why. They and Essendon are so absorbed in past glories, it's become satisfying to beat them

You got
1988, 1994 and 2000 Finals, favourites in all those games and lost
1997 Beating them while being fairly stinky
1998 The old Seacamp face slap square up
Some good wins at Princess park in the early 2000s
2004 The thrashing
2005 Spoiling their fairwell to Princess park
2006 Losing to them twice when they finished spooners that year
2007 Them tanking letting Johnstone free in the Kreuzer cup
2008 - 2013 Nothing other than tapscott getting reported for a fair bump
2014 Giving Mick 4 losses in a row, Pedo kicking snags from the boundary
2017 Lord Nev making cool plays, Lewis getting boos then time wasting to seal the game (Carlton fans still hate Lewis for the Cripps hit), and Oliver making a fan s**t his pants when he went back to him
2018 The thrashing
2019 Meh win, but still funny we got it
2022 Kozzy and the melk man

Anyways i like our history with Carlton, i don't know why. They and Essendon are so absorbed in past glories, it's become satisfying to beat them

You got
1988, 1994 and 2000 Finals, favourites in all those games and lost
1997 Beating them while being fairly stinky
1998 The old Seacamp face slap square up
Some good wins at Princess park in the early 2000s
2004 The thrashing
2005 Spoiling their fairwell to Princess park
2006 Losing to them twice when they finished spooners that year
2007 Them tanking letting Johnstone free in the Kreuzer cup
2008 - 2013 Nothing other than tapscott getting reported for a fair bump
2014 Giving Mick 4 losses in a row, Pedo kicking snags from the boundary
2017 Lord Nev making cool plays, Lewis getting boos then time wasting to seal the game (Carlton fans still hate Lewis for the Cripps hit), and Oliver making a fan s**t his pants when he went back to him
2018 The thrashing
2019 Meh win, but still funny we got it
2022 Kozzy and the melk man
Forgot about Oliver giving it to that adult dick head over the fence and then all the Carlton sooking. Hogan and Lewis both dropping their players. * loved that team

This was quite a roller coaster

I skipped over "all the goals" from the 2015 game and couldn't find the Spencer one (he was playing in that game though), thought maybe I just missed it and Stedy was right

Furstrating thing to, we shouldn't have lost to them in 2015 or 2016. Especially 2015. Streak should go back to 2013, but it's whateves
I think in 15 and 16 we were just wildly inconsistent due to being such an inexperienced team. The thing is the 2016 we actually were pushing for the top 8 when we blew that game. That year we were actually one of the few teams to lose to the vfl bombers which came after beating gws from 21 points down at 3 quarter time which shows what our best and worst looked like.

I was thinking about james sellar I'm pretty sure when we were going terrible and the media loved sticking their boots in. I'm pretty sure a journalist, I'm thinking Barrett on the Sunday footy show said Melbourne traded scott Thompson for sellar. I was fuming when I heard that because it was complete bs. The trade scott Thompson trade happened in 2004 and sellar was drafted in 2011 that's a massive gap and nobody held him accountable for such bs.

I think in 15 and 16 we were just wildly inconsistent due to being such an inexperienced team. The thing is the 2016 we actually were pushing for the top 8 when we blew that game. That year we were actually one of the few teams to lose to the vfl bombers which came after beating gws from 21 points down at 3 quarter time which shows what our best and worst looked like.
I agree but in 2015 they where wildly s**t

Remove this Banner Ad

Back